How To Guide Bootloader Unlock Realme GT NEO 2 (RMX3370) all Variants

Search This thread

RMX3370

WARNING
  1. ALl Data will be wiped , so backup all data in advance .
  2. Phone must be charged above 60% .
  3. You might loose warranty on unlocking bootloader .
  4. Also neither I nor XDA will be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to your device

Overview
Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to rooting your phone , unlocking new capabilities and instaling custom ROM , Kernel and Recovery but it has its own peril like loss of Widevine L1 certification , Safteynet failure and in extreme cases reduced camera capablities .

Requirements
  1. A PC
  2. Indian variant of Realme GT NEO 2 and USB type C cable
  3. Device should be on RUI 2.0 based in Android 11 with Latest software update

Steps
  1. Simply Install the
  2. For RUI2(Android 11) DeepTestApkOld, For RUI3(Android 12) DeepTestApkNew
  3. Open Deep Testing App , read and agree to TOS
  4. Click on Apply Now button it will say Application Submitted please wait
  5. After 10 minutes open Deep Testing App and go to Query Approval Status
  6. Skip to step 8 if adb&fastboot already installed on systemNow hopefully it should say DeepTesting approved .
  7. Install adb-fastboot setup (Windows only)
  8. Go to C:\adb folder , press shift and right click open Powershell window here .
  9. In deep testing app after selecting query approval status , tap on start deep testing button Now your phone will reboot to fastboot mode
  10. Connect phone via USB to PC
  11. And in the power shell window opened in step 7 enter fastboot devices then press enter key (It should show your device name , If it does not then reinstall drivers)
  12. Now in powershell enter fastboot flashing unlock then press enter key
  13. Your device will reboot and show warning use volume button to select Yes Unlock Bootloader
  14. After this phone will reboot twice don't do anything and after 5 to 10 minutes your phone will restart with fresh installation , wisely read and agree to terms and complete the setup
  15. Now your device bootloader is unlocked .

Attachments

• DeepTesting.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 12,154
  • Deeptest_New.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 15,979
Last edited:

Ggff5

Mar 1, 2019
Latest update is A.06 yet I still can't apply for deep test
Screenshot_2022-02-02-16-30-01-34_5461cd6783b6e8d9f5be0980ff5227f9.jpg

Alifirdaus

Dec 25, 2015
After Unlocking bootloader I have confirmed that
1) Widevine degraded to L1 ( no more HD videos on OTT apps) .
2) Front Camera is taking less detailed photo (and hanging in GCam , maybe GCam fault )
3) GPS is taking more time to get a fix
4) Charging speed is not affected .
Do you mean L3 instead of L1? I believe, Neo 2 have L1 out from the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    1. ALl Data will be wiped , so backup all data in advance .
    2. Phone must be charged above 60% .
    3. You might loose warranty on unlocking bootloader .
    4. Also neither I nor XDA will be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to your device

Overview
    Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to rooting your phone , unlocking new capabilities and instaling custom ROM , Kernel and Recovery but it has its own peril like loss of Widevine L1 certification , Safteynet failure and in extreme cases reduced camera capablities .

Requirements
    1. A PC
    2. Indian variant of Realme GT NEO 2 and USB type C cable
    3. Device should be on RUI 2.0 based in Android 11 with Latest software update

Steps
    1. Simply Install the
    2. For RUI2(Android 11) DeepTestApkOld, For RUI3(Android 12) DeepTestApkNew
    3. Open Deep Testing App , read and agree to TOS
    4. Click on Apply Now button it will say Application Submitted please wait
    5. After 10 minutes open Deep Testing App and go to Query Approval Status
    6. Skip to step 8 if adb&fastboot already installed on systemNow hopefully it should say DeepTesting approved .
    7. Install adb-fastboot setup (Windows only)
    8. Go to C:\adb folder , press shift and right click open Powershell window here .
    9. In deep testing app after selecting query approval status , tap on start deep testing button Now your phone will reboot to fastboot mode
    10. Connect phone via USB to PC
    11. And in the power shell window opened in step 7 enter fastboot devices then press enter key (It should show your device name , If it does not then reinstall drivers)
    12. Now in powershell enter fastboot flashing unlock then press enter key
    13. Your device will reboot and show warning use volume button to select Yes Unlock Bootloader
    14. After this phone will reboot twice don't do anything and after 5 to 10 minutes your phone will restart with fresh installation , wisely read and agree to terms and complete the setup
    15. Now your device bootloader is unlocked .
    After Unlocking bootloader I have confirmed that
    1) Widevine degraded to L3 ( no more HD videos on OTT apps) .However Indian devices don't loose L1 key
    2) Front Camera is taking less detailed photo (and hanging in GCam , maybe GCam fault )
    3) GPS is taking more time to get a fix
    4) Charging speed is not affected .
    My suggestion would be to not root or unlock bootloader right now
    Be patient and when it is clear what are the hidden disadvantages then you can decide If you should unlock bootloader or not
    Can u create a guide to flash stock rom once BL is unlocked
    maybe, i think one did.

why not join telegram group and see for yourself?
    I'm there but no one helping