• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloader Unlock/Root Bounty Thread

Search This thread

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
What bootloader version do you have ?

That's your loss. Better buy a phone other then Samsung. Without an unlock token, you will never be unlocked via bootloader
@afaneh92 unlock is legit and is the only service to unlock your bootloader
Yes, I'm going to get a Moto after some research. I'll donate the A71 5G to a family member. The phone itself is fine, I just can't stand all crap samsung apps on it. Like I said, did not know there were two types of A71 and yes, 'assumed' mine was unlockable. It is my loss, but I'm not paying to unlock a bootloader, EVER. FYI, I've donated before to some hard working devs on this forum and that's as far as I'm going to go.

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
Who cares if you pay or not, its your device and you are free to do whatever you want.
If I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you. S
What bootloader version do you have ?
I went into download mode to try and find the version, but I didn't see anything recognizable, is it in the settings somewhere? Guides were of no help.
Who cares if you pay or not, its your device and you are free to do whatever you want.
Exactly, I'm free to do whatever I want, don't see your point other than being annoying fly buzzing around. This is getting irritating. I'm done anwering any of your posts, blocking/ignoring you AFANEH92.

Nameless Foe

Jan 23, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
I went into download mode to try and find the version, but I didn't see anything recognizable, is it in the settings somewhere? Guides were of no help.

Exactly, I'm free to do whatever I want, don't see your point other than being annoying fly buzzing around. This is getting irritating. I'm done anwering any of your posts, blocking/ignoring you AFANEH92.
Your being a princess

Nameless Foe

Jan 23, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G

Your being a princess
Afaneh...lol blocked..one of the nicest guys on xda. My A71..S20Fe ..unlocked with the help of this kind soul and I would gladly do it again.
Right. Afaneh has been super patient and easy to work with

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
I got my Samsung A71 from google fi deal. Love the size and screen. But I found there is no OEM unlock option in developer options!. Tried the changing date to 30 days before. Does not work on me. So I am stuck with an unlockable version?
I can enter download mode, where can I get the bootloader version?

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
Yes, I'm going to get a Moto after some research. I'll donate the A71 5G to a family member. The phone itself is fine, I just can't stand all crap samsung apps on it. Like I said, did not know there were two types of A71 and yes, 'assumed' mine was unlockable. It is my loss, but I'm not paying to unlock a bootloader, EVER. FYI, I've donated before to some hard working devs on this forum and that's as far as I'm going to go.
If your only reason to unlock your bootloader is to get rid of bloatware, theres a couple apps in the store that does it well.. Was going to grab a link but then remembered they do cost a few dollars and you obviously have some issues spending it so won't waste my time grabbing them for no reason.
It's clear you were bit emotional discussing this topic and perhaps didnt put much thought into it. If you're simply giving your phone away and then buying another one, you'd be spending at least twice as much as the bootloader unlocking costs and netting a far less superior phone then the A71 5G. So other then your generosity to the recipient, you'd be losing badly with that decision. Of course the only one suffering of the bad decision is yourself, which is ironic being that you were so against giving your money away, but your scenario results in spending even more money for a crappier device.. Or maybe that's your goal? Anyway, nevermind

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
You can use adb to rid your device of bloat. Also Package Disabled which cost a couple bucks. Some don't like it but I have it on 3 of my devices. But as the post before mine stated there are things you can do to get rid of the bloat not just dump it and buy another device. But ultimately its up to you. I'm not pushing you to pay for anything but for me...and I am only talking about me, I have had 3 devices unlock because I wanted root and I am darn glad I did. But again, you don't need unlocked bootloader if you just want to freeze bloat. Good luck friend.

PackRatDragon

Dec 13, 2012
Hubbard, Oregon
I have a general question regarding rooting my A716U. Forgive me, if these have been asked and answered. I am on the phone and it doesn't want to play nice.

I see there is a method to unlock the boot loader, and fairly clear directions on installing twrp and magisk. I will readily admit that am a bit ocd/adhd and tend to over think things. I am out of my add mec until Monday so I am probably rambling.

1] Am I correct that after twrp the ota security updates will fail, because of the nonstandard recovery

1a] is this a problem? Are these updates actually needed.

1b] will applying future security updates kill/unroot my phone.

2] Is there a way to keep the root and restore the native recovery?

2a] is native recovery needed

3] is the A71 5G factory (carrier) unlocked scheduled to get android 12

3a] does anyone know of a reputable rom for the A71 5G, Android 12, rooted that they'd personally recommend?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
You can have stock recovery on rooted device. You will just need to extract boot image and patch with Magisk ,then flash with Odin. As far as security patches for me its a personal preference some will say others wise. I have devices still on firmware it came out of box with and never been updated with latest security and I have never had any issues. To your other questions I'm sure someone will chime in. I had At&t A71 boot unlocked and rooted. At the time the only roms were Gsi roms not sure now. Seems developers are not pushing out roms like they used to. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The U1 variant might might have a bootloader unlock setting in Developer Options. Maybe someone here can verify, as I have the UW variant. Some things I have read listed the U1 variant as populating that setting like the S20 and Note20 devices. Unfortunately, my UW has not. Next issue though is getting TWRP built for the A71 though.

U1 user here; can confirm that there is not a dev setting for OEM unlock. Now I remember why I avoided Samsung phones for so long...

Your being a princess
    Afaneh...lol blocked..one of the nicest guys on xda. My A71..S20Fe ..unlocked with the help of this kind soul and I would gladly do it again.
    Right. Afaneh has been super patient and easy to work with
    I'll assume that was mine you mentioned :) afaneh92 - awesome to work with! He's there for you with any questions you may have. And yes this really does unlock locked bootloaders!
    This is where i will compile all known methods of bootloader unlock/root methods and the bounties for the respective US Carriers.

Tmobile/Sprint Status=No known Method

Tmobile/Sprint Bounty= $0

ATT Status=No Known Method

ATT Bounty=$0

Verizon Status= No Known Method

Verizon Bounty= $0
    I'll add $40 to the bounty, if anyone happens to wind up with anything promising. I knew I shouldn't have went with Samsung again, but the A71 5G was a damn good phone for $300, imho.