• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bootloader Unlock SM-G960U

Search This thread

xVoidx

Jul 14, 2008
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I have a Sprint S9 SM-G960U and its activation locked and been factory reset. My friend gave me his old phone after he upgraded because he forgot the lock code and does not remember what google account was used to unlock the device after it was reset from the factory reset boot menu.

Is it possible to unlock the bootloader...if thats even needed, root the device, and flash a custom rom to get around this?

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I have a Sprint S9 SM-G960U and its activation locked and been factory reset. My friend gave me his old phone after he upgraded because he forgot the lock code and does not remember what google account was used to unlock the device after it was reset from the factory reset boot menu.

Is it possible to unlock the bootloader...if thats even needed, root the device, and flash a custom rom to get around this?
AFAIK there is no reliable rooting / bootloader unlocking method available 🤷‍♂️

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Same question for a european SM-G960U (Snapdragon), where no "OEM unlock" option is available in Developers options.

I've just factory reset it, and am currently waiting for the tedious 7-day uptime period to pass, but am I keeping my hopes too up ??

Reactions: keyleroy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same question for a european SM-G960U (Snapdragon), where no "OEM unlock" option is available in Developers options.

I've just factory reset it, and am currently waiting for the tedious 7-day uptime period to pass, but am I keeping my hopes too up ??