• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[BOOTLOADER UNLOCK] Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

Search This thread
Assuming this all works, what, exactly, is stopping the installation of an `International` ROM? I need a phone so bad. I'll go buy this one right now if it's possible to flash to `International` and use Dual SIM, etc.
If you tried installing the international firmware you get stuck on param preload. I would assume this is because of the different modem partition due to the X50 modem in the device. Dual SIM doesn't work currently and probably never will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     [SIZE=1]* Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the 
     app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about unlocking your bootloader and how it pertains to you.
     * before flashing ANYTHING YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    [/SIZE]
    https%3A%2F%2Fdl.xda-cdn.com%2F4%2F9%2F3%2F7%2F5%2F6%2F9%2FOnePlus-7-Pro-5G-GM1925.jpeg%3Fkey%3Ded12fVusgAsD45rryWQurA%26ts%3D1580245417

The time is finally here, the day you’ve been eagerly anticipating, you can now unlock the bootloader on your Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925)!

*NOTE: UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ON THIS PHONE WILL PREVENT YOU FROM INSTALLING FUTURE UPDATES VIA OTA, MEANING THEY'LL NEED TO BE FLASHED WITH FASTBOOT OR YOU'LL NEED TO REFLASH STOCK AND RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER TO UPDATE.*.

THERE IS NOT A FEE FOR UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, THE PART OF THIS THAT COSTS MONEY IS THE SHIPPING, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, THAT IS WELCOME AS WELL.

Starting now, you can place a request for bootloader unlock via this MAIL-IN service:

• YOUR DEVICE WILL BE WIPED DURING THE UNLOCK
    • YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURING YOUR DEVICE DURING TRANSIT, IF YOU DO NOT PAY FOR INSURANCE AND ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE DURING SHIPMENT, THATS ON YOU, EVEN WHEN INSURED, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REPLACEMENTS OR REPAIRS!
    • THIS SERVICE IS MAIL IN ONLY, PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
    • You (the customer) will pay for shipping to the address of the servicer and will send return postage via PayPal before sending us your phone.
    • You are responsible for insuring the package, if you do not insure the package, and something happens, you will be out of luck, as it’s not our responsibility to replace or repair your phone if it gets lost in transit.
    • This is a one-time service, meaning that once your bootloader is unlocked and you have received your device back, if you re-lock the bootloader for ANY reason (THIS INCLUDES FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE WITH MSMDOWNLOADTOOL), You must submit a new request and re-do the mail in process at your own expenditure.

Request will be processed on an individual basis, once we receive your request we will ask you for your:

• Full Name
    • IMEI
    • Address for return shipping
    • Phone Number to contact you if necessary.

After receiving the device, we will flash the latest firmware and unlock the bootloader, requests will be shipped back out at the end of the week we receive the phone, or potentially sooner depending on the volume of requests.

TO MAKE A REQUEST, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS THREAD AND SEND AN EMAIL TO
    :
    [email protected]

We will then direct you where to ship your device, and give you an estimate of return shipping, which will need to be sent via PayPal BEFORE sending us your device.

We will reply to your request via e-mail and collect your personal information from there as well.

The mail-in method is now discontinued due to a more recent development, we (the group of us who have been testing different ways to unlock) have acquired an MSM tool that will allow unlocking the bootloader on the Sprint model without any need to mail it in or even do a remote session!

HOW-TO UNLOCK:

1. Make sure you have the latest adb/fastboot binary installed and your driver's are fully up to date.
    2. Download the unlocking MSMDownloadTool from here: View attachment guacamoles_unlock.zip
    3. Reboot to EDL mode (Volume Up+Volume Down+USB)
    4. Allow the MSMTool to run to completion, BUT STAY ALERT!
    5. As soon as the MSMTool finishes, it will reboot the phone, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BOOT TO THE SYSTEM, INTERRUPT THE REBOOT BY ENTERING FASTBOOT
    6. Immediately run "fastboot flashing unlock"
    7. You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

IF YOU ARE ON SLOT B, YOU MAY GET STUCK IN FASTBOOT, TO FIX THIS FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

• fastboot --set-active=other
    • fastboot reboot-bootloader
    • fastboot --set-active=other (again)
    • fastboot boot twrp.img

TWRP for Q (10)
    • Once in twrp, format data again, and then try to reboot.

Install TWRP/Magisk:

TWRP for Q (10)

TWRP for Pie (9)

TWRP Installer zip

Magisk Installer

• * Copy the TWRP img to your adb directory and run:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    • * Or for Pie:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img

• * Copy the installation zips to your storage

* Flash twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip

* Flash Magisk-v20.4.zip

* Reboot

HAPPY FLASHING!

SCREENSHOTS FOR PROOF:
    IMG_20200128_152755.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152720.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152846.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152810.jpg
    yea.. sending phone to a stranger to unlock bl bcuz they dont want to share publicly means they have a business and want to make $$$ lol

its a shame

Not sure where you're getting that implication, but the service is free, you just have to pay for shipping.

Again, I didn't write this tool, I simply have been given permission by the person who did to offer mail in unlocks since I have the free time to dedicate to it.

They have requested it not be made public, therefore it's not my place to release the tool, I can however, offer mail in unlocks, as that doesn't expose the exact method and has been green-lit by the creator.

If you have a problem paying for shipping, or are uncomfortable with your device being mailed to a stranger, I fully understand that, you don't have to take advantage of the service or you can wait until a remote method potentially becomes available, but don't display your discomfort as negativity with unwarranted accusations.

I'm just trying to help people get unlocked and spur some development for this phone.
    Any update on possibility of remote services. I hate that this OnePlus is so tight because of Sprint.

UPDATE 02/13/2020:

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTRUSTED ME WITH YOUR PHONES!

I hope you are satisfied with the bootloader unlock,

now for the bittersweet news to all who mailed in:

SELF UNLOCKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE (SEE OP)

We weren't expecting a self unlock method to become available so soon, but here it is y'all!

:D
    Hahaha you still have no proper twrp and roms and I highly doubt this will change that....
    TWRP is already unified for the 5G variant and works fine,
    See this post about ROMs:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/discussion-oneplus-7-pro-5g-rom-gsi-t4042583
    Uhh, I know this is posted by a senior member and all, but this seems super sketchy to me... Why is there any need to send it in? Do you not want your code public as of rn? Do you need specialized hardware to do it? A little explanation in that area would be nice...
    Exactly that, the developer of the tool that is being used does not want the code public as of right now, but has authorized us to perform unlocks for those willing to ship their device.