[BOOTLOADER UNLOCK] Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G

Search This thread

spaceghost113

Jan 3, 2022
This isn't working for me, all it shows is N/A under Status of device when I try to connect it.

edit:
Also following this video.

I have the option of buying a OnePlus 7 pro Sprint locked or a OnePlus 7t TMobile. I'm using a Chromebook with Linux to do all my flashing. Would I be able to "oem unlock" the Sprint 7 pro with my Chromebook? I know it says use Windows to use those tools to unlock the Sprint. Or is the TMobile 7t just much less of a hassle.

rlex626

Jun 11, 2017
I have the option of buying a OnePlus 7 pro Sprint locked or a OnePlus 7t TMobile. I'm using a Chromebook with Linux to do all my flashing. Would I be able to "oem unlock" the Sprint 7 pro with my Chromebook? I know it says use Windows to use those tools to unlock the Sprint. Or is the TMobile 7t just much less of a hassle.
I'm currently trolling TF out of oneplus right now over a Sprint OnePlus 7 pro.

I would go with the Tmobile because:

1. I've been with sprint and they're a headache to deal with bestbuy had to help me out against them. They also tried to charge me for a phone I out right paid for and do some other shady ish. Point I'm getting to is. If there's any carrier related issues then you're stuck.

Also I THINK Sprints version is only compatible with sprint. I know no other versions worked with sprint and sprint made a deal with oneplus yada yada.

2. Oneplus customer service is tragic, but that said they have more power with helping you out on a Tmobile ver than a sprint one.

Couldn't you just do a VM and flash it like that?

Hope this helps

I'm currently trolling TF out of oneplus right now over a Sprint OnePlus 7 pro.

I would go with the Tmobile because:

1. I've been with sprint and they're a headache to deal with bestbuy had to help me out against them. They also tried to charge me for a phone I out right paid for and do some other shady ish. Point I'm getting to is. If there's any carrier related issues then you're stuck.

Also I THINK Sprints version is only compatible with sprint. I know no other versions worked with sprint and sprint made a deal with oneplus yada yada.

2. Oneplus customer service is tragic, but that said they have more power with helping you out on a Tmobile ver than a sprint one.

Couldn't you just do a VM and flash it like that?

Hope this helps
Sounds like a nightmare. I chatted with Sprint and they said all they need is the IMEI number and they can unlock the phone for me. But that doesn't mean I can do the OEM unlocking in the settings.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time a CSR was wrong about something and I find out after the fact. I just want to be able to unlock the bootloader.

What is a VM if you don't mind me asking?

rlex626

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah Sprint be lying their butts off at times. Get it in writing. And yeah you're right. At the time I did mine I paid for a service from someone on here to unlock the bootloader. It was when the phones first came out for sprint.

A VM is a "Virtual Machine" not sure who does it for linux. But I know VMware, parallels and other vmware companies do it for windows and apple.

It's basically an application that allows you to configure and run another OS (Operating System) machine virtually on your current machine. It uses your systems resources to do it (ram etc). So you may not be able to do it if your chrome book is low on that.

Yeah Sprint be lying their butts off at times. Get it in writing. And yeah you're right. At the time I did mine I paid for a service from someone on here to unlock the bootloader. It was when the phones first came out for sprint.

A VM is a "Virtual Machine" not sure who does it for linux. But I know VMware, parallels and other vmware companies do it for windows and apple.

It's basically an application that allows you to configure and run another OS (Operating System) machine virtually on your current machine. It uses your systems resources to do it (ram etc). So you may not be able to do it if your chrome book is low on that.
Ah, if I know what you're talking about, Linux can run Wine and it mimics Windows or something like that. I'm just learning about all this, very cool stuff.

rlex626

Jun 11, 2017
Ah, if I know what you're talking about, Linux can run Wine and it mimics Windows or something like that. I'm just learning about all this, very cool stuff.
Nice. I think it's similar. I never heard of it but I'm looking into it right now.

The only thing I'm kind of thinking of right now is...

Wine seems like it's a program to run windows programs. So I guess it's like an adapter. I could be wrong I'm literally going off of minutes of research on wine.

When you're rooting the Oneplus 7 pro it's running ADB (Android Debug Bridge) (Admittedly I looked up the meaning)... But it's done through command prompt. So in that aspect it's more of using the OS (Operating System) and not an app..

It's not like it's in a app... like a SDK (Software Development Kit) like odin is for samsung.

Also you're going to need the OS to transfer files into the phone. I haven't rooted a Oneplus 7 pro in a while so the exact process is fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure there's ways around it.

This sounds fun. Good luck bro.

Nice. I think it's similar. I never heard of it but I'm looking into it right now.

The only thing I'm kind of thinking of right now is...

Wine seems like it's a program to run windows programs. So I guess it's like an adapter. I could be wrong I'm literally going off of minutes of research on wine.

When you're rooting the Oneplus 7 pro it's running ADB (Android Debug Bridge) (Admittedly I looked up the meaning)... But it's done through command prompt. So in that aspect it's more of using the OS (Operating System) and not an app..

It's not like it's in a app... like a SDK (Software Development Kit) like odin is for samsung.

Also you're going to need the OS to transfer files into the phone. I haven't rooted a Oneplus 7 pro in a while so the exact process is fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure there's ways around it.

This sounds fun. Good luck bro.
I appreciate your help buddy. I've been able to unlock and flash ROMs on a OnePlus 5t with Linux using the debugging and flash boot tools (SDK I think?). Now I just need to pick, OnePlus 7 pro or the 7t. I feel like either still has the hardware necessary to keep going for a few years. I'm just tired of going from Pixel to Pixel every few years. I want to spice things up a bit with some custom ROMs.

rlex626

Jun 11, 2017
I appreciate your help buddy. I've been able to unlock and flash ROMs on a OnePlus 5t with Linux using the debugging and flash boot tools (SDK I think?). Now I just need to pick, OnePlus 7 pro or the 7t. I feel like either still has the hardware necessary to keep going for a few years. I'm just tired of going from Pixel to Pixel every few years. I want to spice things up a bit with some custom ROMs.
Welcomes. Sorry about the lengthiness.

I was about to edit my comment. Samsung Knox would be the actual SDK the Odin would be the tool in it to reflash blah blah.

Anyways if you're able to do it on the 5t, you could look up the process for it on here and if it's the same for 7pro on here then it should hypothetically work.

I have another OnePlus phone from mint mobile around here (n100 I believe). I was going to root it. On researching I found out the process was the same. Decided to not root it because it's slow for what it is. Me putting kali nethunter or another distro on it, may turn it into a sloth.

The Tmobile one would be a better choice due to the technology that carrier used is more friendly/compatible than Sprints is. Sprints isn't so you may run into issues. Forgot to mention I found all this out because I bought the 7pro from OnePlus directly and had to return it later due to sprint being sprint. I later bought the sprint version and encountered all that fun. And other things were still locked after.

steveharman

Apr 12, 2010
Does anyone know of a free or paid network-unlock for a OnePlus 7 Pro on Sprint?

I'm not the original owner so I doubt Sprint will deal with me.

Thanks

justanewguy

Jun 6, 2022
Howdy,

Can I get some assistance please? ...trying to follow this process to no avail. Open to suggestions/guidance.

Issue: fastboot never detects any device.

Steps completed successfully:
  1. Drivers up to date.
  2. ADB/fastboot installed
  3. Downloaded provided guacamoles_unlock.zip and extracted.
  4. EDL mode via `adb reboot edl`
  5. MSM finishes (less than 15 seconds)
  6. Send `fastboot flashing unlock` command to cmd/PS command line to wait for device.
  7. Manually put device into fastboot (immediately holding Volume Down + Power)
^Get this far each time and device never is found. QC driver is still showing in Device Manager though (Windows 10)

Verified:
  • Latest OnePlus driver installed
  • Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver installed
  • Platform tools (attempted default Android ones and another found on another XDA forum)
  • Device is SIM/UICC unlocked

Thank you in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Simple fix was disabling driver signature enforcement, courtesy of @Mbektic https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-up-in-fastboot-mode-windows-10-11.4194491/

Last edited:
Reactions: heyChristo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy,

Can I get some assistance please? ...trying to follow this process to no avail. Open to suggestions/guidance.

Issue: fastboot never detects any device.

Steps completed successfully:
    1. Drivers up to date.
    2. ADB/fastboot installed
    3. Downloaded provided guacamoles_unlock.zip and extracted.
    4. EDL mode via `adb reboot edl`
    5. MSM finishes (less than 15 seconds)
    6. Send `fastboot flashing unlock` command to cmd/PS command line to wait for device.
    7. Manually put device into fastboot (immediately holding Volume Down + Power)
    ^Get this far each time and device never is found. QC driver is still showing in Device Manager though (Windows 10)

Verified:
    • Latest OnePlus driver installed
    • Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver installed
    • Platform tools (attempted default Android ones and another found on another XDA forum)
    • Device is SIM/UICC unlocked

Thank you in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Simple fix was disabling driver signature enforcement, courtesy of @Mbektic https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-up-in-fastboot-mode-windows-10-11.4194491/

Code:
    /*
     [SIZE=1]* Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the 
     app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about unlocking your bootloader and how it pertains to you.
     * before flashing ANYTHING YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    [/SIZE]
    https%3A%2F%2Fdl.xda-cdn.com%2F4%2F9%2F3%2F7%2F5%2F6%2F9%2FOnePlus-7-Pro-5G-GM1925.jpeg%3Fkey%3Ded12fVusgAsD45rryWQurA%26ts%3D1580245417

The time is finally here, the day you’ve been eagerly anticipating, you can now unlock the bootloader on your Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925)!

*NOTE: UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ON THIS PHONE WILL PREVENT YOU FROM INSTALLING FUTURE UPDATES VIA OTA, MEANING THEY'LL NEED TO BE FLASHED WITH FASTBOOT OR YOU'LL NEED TO REFLASH STOCK AND RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER TO UPDATE.*.

THERE IS NOT A FEE FOR UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, THE PART OF THIS THAT COSTS MONEY IS THE SHIPPING, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, THAT IS WELCOME AS WELL.

Starting now, you can place a request for bootloader unlock via this MAIL-IN service:

• YOUR DEVICE WILL BE WIPED DURING THE UNLOCK
    • YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURING YOUR DEVICE DURING TRANSIT, IF YOU DO NOT PAY FOR INSURANCE AND ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE DURING SHIPMENT, THATS ON YOU, EVEN WHEN INSURED, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REPLACEMENTS OR REPAIRS!
    • THIS SERVICE IS MAIL IN ONLY, PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
    • You (the customer) will pay for shipping to the address of the servicer and will send return postage via PayPal before sending us your phone.
    • You are responsible for insuring the package, if you do not insure the package, and something happens, you will be out of luck, as it’s not our responsibility to replace or repair your phone if it gets lost in transit.
    • This is a one-time service, meaning that once your bootloader is unlocked and you have received your device back, if you re-lock the bootloader for ANY reason (THIS INCLUDES FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE WITH MSMDOWNLOADTOOL), You must submit a new request and re-do the mail in process at your own expenditure.

Request will be processed on an individual basis, once we receive your request we will ask you for your:

• Full Name
    • IMEI
    • Address for return shipping
    • Phone Number to contact you if necessary.

After receiving the device, we will flash the latest firmware and unlock the bootloader, requests will be shipped back out at the end of the week we receive the phone, or potentially sooner depending on the volume of requests.

TO MAKE A REQUEST, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS THREAD AND SEND AN EMAIL TO
    :
    [email protected]

We will then direct you where to ship your device, and give you an estimate of return shipping, which will need to be sent via PayPal BEFORE sending us your device.

We will reply to your request via e-mail and collect your personal information from there as well.

The mail-in method is now discontinued due to a more recent development, we (the group of us who have been testing different ways to unlock) have acquired an MSM tool that will allow unlocking the bootloader on the Sprint model without any need to mail it in or even do a remote session!

HOW-TO UNLOCK:

1. Make sure you have the latest adb/fastboot binary installed and your driver's are fully up to date.
    2. Download the unlocking MSMDownloadTool from here: View attachment guacamoles_unlock.zip
    3. Reboot to EDL mode (Volume Up+Volume Down+USB)
    4. Allow the MSMTool to run to completion, BUT STAY ALERT!
    5. As soon as the MSMTool finishes, it will reboot the phone, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BOOT TO THE SYSTEM, INTERRUPT THE REBOOT BY ENTERING FASTBOOT
    6. Immediately run "fastboot flashing unlock"
    7. You should now have an unlocked bootloader!

IF YOU ARE ON SLOT B, YOU MAY GET STUCK IN FASTBOOT, TO FIX THIS FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

• fastboot --set-active=other
    • fastboot reboot-bootloader
    • fastboot --set-active=other (again)
    • fastboot boot twrp.img

TWRP for Q (10)
    • Once in twrp, format data again, and then try to reboot.

Install TWRP/Magisk:

TWRP for Q (10)

TWRP for Pie (9)

TWRP Installer zip

Magisk Installer

• * Copy the TWRP img to your adb directory and run:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    • * Or for Pie:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img

• * Copy the installation zips to your storage

* Flash twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip

* Flash Magisk-v20.4.zip

* Reboot

HAPPY FLASHING!

SCREENSHOTS FOR PROOF:
    IMG_20200128_152755.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152720.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152846.jpg
    IMG_20200128_152810.jpg
    yea.. sending phone to a stranger to unlock bl bcuz they dont want to share publicly means they have a business and want to make $$$ lol

its a shame

Not sure where you're getting that implication, but the service is free, you just have to pay for shipping.

Again, I didn't write this tool, I simply have been given permission by the person who did to offer mail in unlocks since I have the free time to dedicate to it.

They have requested it not be made public, therefore it's not my place to release the tool, I can however, offer mail in unlocks, as that doesn't expose the exact method and has been green-lit by the creator.

If you have a problem paying for shipping, or are uncomfortable with your device being mailed to a stranger, I fully understand that, you don't have to take advantage of the service or you can wait until a remote method potentially becomes available, but don't display your discomfort as negativity with unwarranted accusations.

I'm just trying to help people get unlocked and spur some development for this phone.
    Can someone explain to me how i installl twrp on this phone?

I'm newb-ish at this stuff but I'll try to break down what I did to achieve OEM unlock and getting Magisk and TWRP installed.
    I followed OP's instructions but got hung up on some parts mainly because I got confused about the Fastboot boot loop section.

First, download the required files and programs if you haven't already. OP has already listed most of them in the instructions.

You'll need:
    the MSM Tool (guacamoles_unlock.zip);
    the TWRP img file (twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-Pie-mauronofrio.img);
    and the ADB and Fastboot command tools
    -(I downloaded a pre-made .bat script, which should search for and install the latest version)
    [https:// github .com/fawazahmed0/Latest-adb-fastboot-installer-for-windows].

Also, if desired, the latest Magisk files (https:// github .com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases)
    Magisk v20.3
    Magisk Manager v7.5.1

Extract and have open / Install the files necessary.
    First I installed the OnePlus drivers (the one that pops up when connect phone to USB to transfer files).
    Have ADB and Fastboot installed (to verify if installed, open a command prompt anywhere as administrator and type ADB or Fastboot)
    -If you see a bunch of commands listed then it should be installed correctly.
    Have TWRP file ready (I renamed "twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-Pie-mauronofrio.img" to "twrp.img" and copied directly to root C:\)

Power off phone completely, disconnect from USB or PC if it isn't already.

Open MSM Tool.
    Hold Vol Up+ and Vol- buttons together and connect to PC USB.
    MSM Tool should detect and show connected device.
    Run Start in MSM Tool. It will initiate and process, should only take a few seconds.

As soon as it has finished processing the phone will auto restart.
    Quickly disconnect phone from USB then hold Vol Up+ and Vol Down- and Power buttons.
    This should take you to Fastboot mode and should be done before the phone has a chance to boot into normal system mode.

If done correctly and Fastboot mode is achieved, plug phone back into PC USB.
    Open a command prompt anywhere as administrator (unsure if necessary).
    To check if phone is detected in Fastboot mode, type Fastboot Devices to see if the phone serial shows.
    If connected and detected properly, run Fastboot OEM Unlock command (Flashing Unlock didn't work for me for some reason).
    If successful, follow direction on phone to apply OEM Unlock.

I then let phone restart as normal which should bring you to startup screen to initiate factory reset conditions.
    I set up everything again just like new out of box and plugged phone to PC USB then transferred "twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-Pie-mauronofrio.img" and Magisk files to phone storage.

Power off phone completely disconnect, then boot into Fastboot mode again (Vol+/Vol- / Power btn then plug to USB).
    In command prompt go to c: directory ("cd c:" or just "c:" and enter); then "fastboot boot twrp.img"

This should boot you into temporary TWRP. From there go to settings and flash ramboot image, choose twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-Pie-mauronofrio.img or twrp.img (if copied renamed file). This should install TWRP now without having to enter Fastboot and commands.

From there I reboot back into recovery to make sure TWRP is installed and working, then I flash Magisk zip and then reboot normally into system.

Hope this helps.
    Any update on possibility of remote services. I hate that this OnePlus is so tight because of Sprint.

UPDATE 02/13/2020:

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTRUSTED ME WITH YOUR PHONES!

I hope you are satisfied with the bootloader unlock,

now for the bittersweet news to all who mailed in:

SELF UNLOCKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE (SEE OP)

We weren't expecting a self unlock method to become available so soon, but here it is y'all!

:D
    Hahaha you still have no proper twrp and roms and I highly doubt this will change that....
    TWRP is already unified for the 5G variant and works fine,
    See this post about ROMs:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/discussion-oneplus-7-pro-5g-rom-gsi-t4042583