Bootloader unlockable

Search This thread

Ber7az

Jul 23, 2020
Sony's bootloader unlock page added the xperia 10 II to the list.
It's wrongly listed as "Xperia X10 II", so it's near the middle of the list, but gives the code with the IMEI

Edit:
Can't post link yet, the unlock page is:
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/​

Last edited:

hq8aus

Aug 2, 2020
I've done it but i'm facing a problem with rooting could you help me with that ?

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
I've done it but i'm facing a problem with rooting could you help me with that ?

As long as BL is unlocked, you may be able to root your device using XperiFirm, UnSIN and Magisk.

- XperiFirm > Download fw
- UnSIN > Get the boot_XXXX.sin file from the downloaded fw folder, and drop it over unsin.exe (you'll get boot_XXXX.img file).
- Move the boot_XXXX.img file to the device's internal storage (or sdcard).
- Install Magisk Manager app
- Magisk Manager app > Install > Uncheck 'Keep AVB 2.0/dm-verity' > Next > Select and patch a file > Choose the boot_XXXX.img (you'll get /Download/magisk_patched.img)
- Flash magisk_patched.img with fastboot with command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Reboot

If something goes wrong, you'll need to flash original stock boot img file (boot_XXXX.img) with fastboot (or even flash whole fw again).
Try it at your own risk.

hq8aus

Aug 2, 2020
As long as BL is unlocked, you may be able to root your device using XperiFirm, UnSIN and Magisk.

- UnSIN > Get the boot_XXXX.sin file from the downloaded fw folder, and drop it over unsin.exe (you'll get boot_XXXX.img file).
- Magisk Manager app > Install > Uncheck 'Keep AVB 2.0/dm-verity' > Next > Select and patch a file > Choose the boot_XXXX.img (you'll get /Download/magisk_patched.img)
Code:
- Reboot

If something goes wrong, you'll need to flash original stock boot img file (boot_XXXX.img) with fastboot (or even flash whole fw again).
Try it at your own risk.

Thank you for the tutorial i will try it after few hour

I have one question : my phone refuse to enter recovery mode once the recovery mode boot the phone restart and start normally so i'm surprised do u know if this a common problem?

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP

I have one question : my phone refuse to enter recovery mode once the recovery mode boot the phone restart and start normally so i'm surprised do u know if this a common problem?

You're welcome. Xperia devices are not provided with a recovery, you need a custom one (by the way not yet available for this model).

Reactions: hq8aus

hq8aus

Aug 2, 2020
You're welcome. Xperia devices are not provided with a recovery, you need a custom one (by the way not yet available for this model).

Thank you very much the method u wrote worked :D
now i'm free to install mods ? " i know it's stupid question but i'm beginner in rooting"

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
now i'm free to install mods ? " i know it's stupid question but i'm beginner in rooting"

Glad to know that.

Sure you are! You can flash EdExposed and, for e.g., install my xposed modules ( Home Xposed for Q and Call Recording ).
Also any other hack you want to (my debloat script >> here << may also work).

Just a warning: due the lack of a recovery, if you face a bootloop after mess with something, you'll need to disable all the installed magisk modules to be able to boot up device, and to do so, you'll need to create a Core Mode Only magisk (google it) and fastboot it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hq8aus and Meloferz

hq8aus

Aug 2, 2020
sorry to bother you .. but is there anyway to mount the "/system" to r/w ? because i'm having problem in moving file into it

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
sorry to bother you .. but is there anyway to mount the "/system" to r/w ? because i'm having problem in moving file into it

First of all ensure all your installed magisk modules are disabled (disable them all and reboot).
Magisk bind-mounts /system/* (specific modules folders) to do its initial mount logic, so changes into those system folders at runtime won't be allowed (if that specific system folder is used by a magisk module).
I don't know if this is your case, but I drop here this warning.

adb commands to mount system (rootfs)
rw:
Code:
mount -orw,remount /
ro:
Code:
mount -oro,remount /

You could try also to disable the vbmeta params by fastbooting vbmeta*_.img (vbmeta_*.sin > unsin.exe > vbmeta*_.img) with command:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta*_.img

Last edited:

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
hi everyone,

after rooting with the boot.img patch method is there a good way to de-google the stock rom? i've seen twrp scripts for this but obviously those don't apply here, and i'm not exactly sure what is safe to remove and what is not, as a few days ago when i did this (via the /d/gapps app from f-droid) the system got stuck in a bootloop.

any ideas?

Code:
- Reboot

Try it at your own risk.

Hi, is possible flash custom Rom without recovery? I saw that it is already available for download Pixel Experience for our device. Thanks for replay.

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi, is possible flash custom Rom without recovery? I saw that it is already available for download Pixel Experience for our device. Thanks for replay.
I have no idea (I've never played with custom roms - stock only).
Pay attention to the 2020/08/19 build, it has a recovery image file available (as per I could see).

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
The only custom ROM for our device I found Pixel Experience here ... But unfortunately I failed to flash the their recovery and twrp is not yet.

:( That doesn't sound great. I'm looking for ways to de-google it, remove tracking apps, etc. Looks like now only way is to remove apps manually via `adb`. But I'm not sure what apps to remove.

xdauserart

Oct 13, 2020
Will installing AOSP for Android 11 with Sony image be without Google apps (like Google Play and other bloat)? Did anyone try installing this? Sony has added Xperia 10 II to Open devices program recently.

Reactions: Oneamong

JDCV

Sep 27, 2020
@xdauserart, @Thapsus-cz, Do you know if after Unlock BL of xperia 10 II, boots with the message "Your device can't be checked by corruption. Please lock the bootloader '? And if its available some method to backup TA before, for this model? Thanks......

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony's bootloader unlock page added the xperia 10 II to the list.
    It's wrongly listed as "Xperia X10 II", so it's near the middle of the list, but gives the code with the IMEI

Edit:
    Can't post link yet, the unlock page is:
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/​

Code:
    - Reboot

Try it at your own risk.

Code:
    - Reboot

Try it at your own risk.

Glad to know that.

Sure you are! You can flash EdExposed and, for e.g., install my xposed modules ( Home Xposed for Q and Call Recording ).
    Also any other hack you want to (my debloat script >> here << may also work).

Just a warning: due the lack of a recovery, if you face a bootloop after mess with something, you'll need to disable all the installed magisk modules to be able to boot up device, and to do so, you'll need to create a Core Mode Only magisk (google it) and fastboot it.