Bootloader unlocking for FREE

Search This thread

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
So im looking to purchase a nokia 6.1 plus global, read that you have to pay to unlock this phones bootloader tho, and i dont wanna do that. After a while of searching through videos onlin eand some blatantly fake ones, i saw one of an indian dude following a tutorial from a website called techmesto, which provides a tool that can unlock your bootloader, free of cost. the only issue is that you need to be able to get an otp on the website, and only 15 are generated in a day, so you have to be patient and keep trying. I know many people here are looking into unlocking their device for free, so can anyone test it out and reply with whether it works or not? The comments are moslty favouring it, with some asking if it works on other devices. It'd really help out the community, and would help me make the purchase with confidence too. Best of luck,

Reactions: hetboy

fake2die

Dec 14, 2011
yes it's working perfectly, already tried it on my 6.1 plus ID region.
got the otp code after 3-4 days trying and checking the website constantly.

Reactions: PhotonIce

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
Thank you so much for the info, im currently looking to upgrade from my galaxy j5 at a low cost, then an ad for a nokia 6.1 plus (4/64) showed up for around £45, with the box and charger. After taking a look at the specs, I just had to buy it, but upon looking for some good custom roms, i found that bootloader unlocking was paid, which didnt suit me. So your reply has really helped out, as now I can purchase the device with confidence!

4 other questions for you though,
1. How is the battery life on this device? Some people say it lasts a day on light usage, while others say it lasts about 4 hours (screen on time)
2. Have you ever experienced the "charging port" issue? Many people have reported a charging port manufacturing problem, which can be fixed by repalcing the port, although some claim that there are still issues after replacing the port as well.
3. Is the smaller screen size annoying? Compared to most of today's phones being 6.2" or so, does it not feel as good to use a smaller screen or do you just not notice? Are the bezel really big? I'm aware of the larger notch (which im actually a fan of), but what about the thickness of the bezels and chin?
4. Do you experience any random reboots, or slow speed/lag? People using the nokia stock rom (android 10) claim that the device will sometimes randomly reboot, and that the performance is terrible one android 10, along with the battery life becoming worse.

My final question is, do you think that it's a good device to upgrade to in 2022? Coming from the Snapdragon 410, I think the 636 will be much better, with double my previous phone's ram and 4x the storage, along with a sleek thin bezel design and a glass+alluminium construction. If you have any problems with the device, please tell me about them here, I need to make my purchase within 6 days, so your (and anyone else's) help would be appreciated.
My only other option in this price range is the redmi 9c, or the realme c11 (both of which i dont like because their chipsets are weak and they lack ram, software is also not too good and they run mediatek SoCs, so im not sure about custom roms on those devices).

I'd really appreciate if you could help me out here, sorry for the long post.
Thanks in advance!

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
And also one other question regarding the bootlaoder unlock. When did you unlock it? I've heard that it might not work if you try it on the android 10 update, but the phone im getting is fully updated, so do you know if it works on android 10 as well? Did you encounter any issues while doing it, or was it straighforward (other than the OTP)?

Bookworm Yevgen

Jan 4, 2015
1. How is the battery life on this device? Some people say it lasts a day on light usage, while others say it lasts about 4 hours (screen on time)
Sometimes it is the same. It depends on your individual using mode. Actually, the average battery life is a day of light usage :) I'm not a gamer.
2. Have you ever experienced the "charging port" issue? Many people have reported a charging port manufacturing problem, which can be fixed by repalcing the port, although some claim that there are still issues after replacing the port as well.
It's a pretty annoying problem. I have encountered it since three years of using. But after replacing the charging board my phone works perfectly. Possible bugs associated with this for different users, I think, may arise due to geographical features and using of different bands. Or just a defective board.
4. Do you experience any random reboots, or slow speed/lag?
Reboots and rare slowdowns are inherent in any device, regardless of performance. It all depends on the volume and complexity of the tasks. During normal use there are no friezes and reboots. But this is MY experience.
If you have any problems with the device, please tell me about them here
One more unpleasant thing: Another unpleasant thing that also happened after about three years of using was the vibration motor failing. But judging by the reviews of other users, this is not a mass problem, unlike the charging port.

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
Sometimes it is the same. It depends on your individual using mode. Actually, the average battery life is a day of light usage :) I'm not a gamer.

It's a pretty annoying problem. I have encountered it since three years of using. But after replacing the charging board my phone works perfectly. Possible bugs associated with this for different users, I think, may arise due to geographical features and using of different bands. Or just a defective board.

Reboots and rare slowdowns are inherent in any device, regardless of performance. It all depends on the volume and complexity of the tasks. During normal use there are no friezes and reboots. But this is MY experience.

One more unpleasant thing: Another unpleasant thing that also happened after about three years of using was the vibration motor failing. But judging by the reviews of other users, this is not a mass problem, unlike the charging port.
Alright, thank you SO much for the help!
How much did the charging port replacement cost you though? The one I'm buying claims to never have been repaired, so do you think the original port will be fine or will i be forced to get it repaired later on?

Bookworm Yevgen

Jan 4, 2015
A charging board that looks like the original one costs about $5. She works perfectly for me. WiFi, microphone and so on. I ordered it on AliExpress and replaced it myself. So, it cost me less than I would have paid at a service center.
But in this case, you need to have tools and skills to do it yourself.

You can only replace the type-c connector. This is more reliable(I think so...), and the connector itself is cheaper than the board (its cost is about $1.5-2), but the repair is more complicated and requires more serious tools and qualification, which involves soldering the connector.

How long such a repair will work is unknown. The factory connector worked a long time, I wrote above. But this is not a guarantee that a new or refurbished one will work as much.

Last edited:

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
Alright, thanks for the info
The entire charging port board is only $8 in my area, so that shouldnt be a problem. The adhesive on the back glass isnt too strong is it? I dont want to break the glass when replacing the port if I ever have to.

Last edited:

fake2die

Dec 14, 2011
Thank you so much for the info, im currently looking to upgrade from my galaxy j5 at a low cost, then an ad for a nokia 6.1 plus (4/64) showed up for around £45, with the box and charger. After taking a look at the specs, I just had to buy it, but upon looking for some good custom roms, i found that bootloader unlocking was paid, which didnt suit me. So your reply has really helped out, as now I can purchase the device with confidence!

4 other questions for you though,
3. Is the smaller screen size annoying? Compared to most of today's phones being 6.2" or so, does it not feel as good to use a smaller screen or do you just not notice? Are the bezel really big? I'm aware of the larger notch (which im actually a fan of), but what about the thickness of the bezels and chin?
4. Do you experience any random reboots, or slow speed/lag? People using the nokia stock rom (android 10) claim that the device will sometimes randomly reboot, and that the performance is terrible one android 10, along with the battery life becoming worse.

My final question is, do you think that it's a good device to upgrade to in 2022? Coming from the Snapdragon 410, I think the 636 will be much better, with double my previous phone's ram and 4x the storage, along with a sleek thin bezel design and a glass+alluminium construction. If you have any problems with the device, please tell me about them here, I need to make my purchase within 6 days, so your (and anyone else's) help would be appreciated.
My only other option in this price range is the redmi 9c, or the realme c11 (both of which i dont like because their chipsets are weak and they lack ram, software is also not too good and they run mediatek SoCs, so im not sure about custom roms on those devices).

I'd really appreciate if you could help me out here, sorry for the long post.
Thanks in advance!
get other phone, nokia 6.1 plus is not worth for 2022.

fyi, now my phone constantly reboot and looks like my battery had a problem and to replace it i would had to wait 1 month or more.
after searching online, this problem is common in nokia after 3-4 years usage.

so if u had the money, get other phone like redmi note 10 pro or other.

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Redmi 9
i can get this nokia 6.1 plus used for around $50, while a brand new redmi note 10 costs $250.
Coming from a phone with a snapdragon 410 and terribly slow ram and emmc, this nokia will surely be 4-5x faster in terms of computing power. That's more than enough for me.

Either way, I won't actually be buying it as the listing I saw when I made this post was sold, and the other options aren't in such great condition for around $60.

Bookworm Yevgen

Jan 4, 2015
get other phone, nokia 6.1 plus is not worth for 2022.

fyi, now my phone constantly reboot and looks like my battery had a problem and to replace it i would had to wait 1 month or more.
after searching online, this problem is common in nokia after 3-4 years usage.

so if u had the money, get other phone like redmi note 10 pro or other.
About battery life - it's not true as for me. Nokia has good charge controllers and batteries themselves. It all depends largely on the mode of using. Specifically, my nokia 6.1+ has a battery capacity level of 84% from the date of purchase, which is more than three and a half years. In addition I don't observe any random reboots. This is my experience though...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So im looking to purchase a nokia 6.1 plus global, read that you have to pay to unlock this phones bootloader tho, and i dont wanna do that. After a while of searching through videos onlin eand some blatantly fake ones, i saw one of an indian dude following a tutorial from a website called techmesto, which provides a tool that can unlock your bootloader, free of cost. the only issue is that you need to be able to get an otp on the website, and only 15 are generated in a day, so you have to be patient and keep trying. I know many people here are looking into unlocking their device for free, so can anyone test it out and reply with whether it works or not? The comments are moslty favouring it, with some asking if it works on other devices. It'd really help out the community, and would help me make the purchase with confidence too. Best of luck,
    4. Do you experience any random reboots, or slow speed/lag?
    If you have any problems with the device, please tell me about them here
    A charging board that looks like the original one costs about $5. She works perfectly for me. WiFi, microphone and so on. I ordered it on AliExpress and replaced it myself. So, it cost me less than I would have paid at a service center.
    But in this case, you need to have tools and skills to do it yourself.

You can only replace the type-c connector. This is more reliable(I think so...), and the connector itself is cheaper than the board (its cost is about $1.5-2), but the repair is more complicated and requires more serious tools and qualification, which involves soldering the connector.

How long such a repair will work is unknown. The factory connector worked a long time, I wrote above. But this is not a guarantee that a new or refurbished one will work as much.