Bootloader Unlocking X00TD

Search This thread

Johnny Bû

Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am trying to unlock the bootloader of my Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) so I can then install TWRP and then LineageOS.
I followed all steps from the Wiki LineageOS, adb and fastboot work just fine (fyi my computer runs with Linux Manjaro).
The problem is happening when I try and execute the flash recovery command – I get an error message « flashing is not allowed in lock state ».
I think the Asus official unlocking app I used doesn’t work properly (ZB601KL_UnlockTool_9.2.0.0). When I agree to the terms and start the unlocking process, the app closes and nothing happens on my smartphone.

If anyone has an idea or knows another unlocking app or another process I should follow, I’d like to hear about it !
Thanks
Terminal Bootloader.png

MairaFA

Dec 20, 2012
Salvador
Hi everyone,

I am trying to unlock the bootloader of my Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) so I can then install TWRP and then LineageOS.
I followed all steps from the Wiki LineageOS, adb and fastboot work just fine (fyi my computer runs with Linux Manjaro).
The problem is happening when I try and execute the flash recovery command – I get an error message « flashing is not allowed in lock state ».
I think the Asus official unlocking app I used doesn’t work properly (ZB601KL_UnlockTool_9.2.0.0). When I agree to the terms and start the unlocking process, the app closes and nothing happens on my smartphone.

If anyone has an idea or knows another unlocking app or another process I should follow, I’d like to hear about it !
Thanks
View attachment 5193859

mzs114

Jan 21, 2021
You have to use the Bootloader unlocker app from Asus, hope you followed this link (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/X00TD/install)
Once it is unlocked, you will see a message(a warning about unlocked bootloader) when you reboot the device.

I did this like two weeks ago, also I had to use twrp 3.4.0.0 from another source, as the 3.2.3 twrp was freezing with Max pro m1.

Johnny Bû

Jan 20, 2021
Hi. The Asus official unlock tool app has no effect, it can't verify my Google account, I think
this is the problem. Tonight I will try again by enabling the option "Allow less secure applications" in my Google account.
What do you think?
Thanks @mzs114, I will search for twrp 3.4.0.0

Last edited:

mzs114

Jan 21, 2021
I did not have to verify my google account, just that it asked for the pattern/fingerprint verification, I think it did this in the background. And yeah, my account already has 'Allow less secure applications', as I use email clients.

The twrp was form this one, use this after you get the bootloader unlocked.

Johnny Bû

Jan 20, 2021
Hi, I tried again by enabling the option "Allow less secure applications" in my Google account but the unlocking still doesn't work :(
I don't know what more I can do...

Last edited:

Johnny Bû

Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone.
I finally managed to unlock the bootloader of my Asus, but using Windows. I didn't find other apps or Linux command to do it.
I followed the tuto of Sudeep Duhoon .
I installed recovery twrp 3.2.3 recommend by LineageOS
@mzs114 twrp 3.4.0 doesn't work on my X00TD , maybe only for X00T.
Now my Asus runs with LineageOS 16 and I discovered the Opensource App :)
Thank you all for your help !

abdulsattarlubna

Sep 27, 2014
Hi. I am a noob. Tried to flash the android 10. And succeed as . Now I am not getting any updates
Even if I tried to download and manually update I am not able to do so. Kindly help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-160550.png
    Screenshot_20210123-160550.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 11