How To Guide [BOOTLOGO] [EXYNOS] Clean boot logo/bootscreen for G998B S21 Ultra Exynos

Search This thread
* Disclaimer: I've only tested this on a G998B/DS Exynos S21 Ultra 5G, knox tripped and rooted with Magisk *
* DO NOT TRY ON ANY VARIANT OTHER THAN G998B/DS Exynos S21 Ultra 5G, I will be no responsible if you do *

* If it works for you on other variants, please report it so I can add it to the post, thanks *

As we all know, Samsung phones render a large, ugly disclaimers on the initials bootscreens/bootlogo when booting the phone, after it has been bootloader-unlocked (e.g. to root it via Magisk, to install TWRP, etc.)

Flashing this tweaked up_param partition on Odin will restore back a nice, clean bootscreen that won't scare the hell out of you every time you turn it on :)

How to install

1. Open Odin 3.14
2. Select the attached clean_bootlogo.tar into the BL box (you can use any slot, really, but suggesting BL here as a best practice)
3. Start flashing
4. Enjoy!

If you like this, leave your (y) or thanks!

Attachments

• clean_bootlogo.tar
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,419
  • letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,105
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,165
  • svb_orange.jpg
    svb_orange.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:

onefloofysheep

Aug 24, 2020
Hello there, firstly, I would like to thank you for your hard work into coming up with this, and yes it works great on my S21 Ultra Exynos G99B/DS.

I would love to suggest a feature/addon: Remove the press power button to continue text. (If it is possible)

Also just to point out, this post would get so much more attention if it was under "How To Guides" instead of "Development".

Anyways thanks you so much for your hard work 😍🤩

Reactions: Bec07 and rodrigofd
Hello there, firstly, I would like to thank you for your hard work into coming up with this, and yes it works great on my S21 Ultra Exynos G99B/DS.

I would love to suggest a feature/addon: Remove the press power button to continue text. (If it is possible)

Also just to point out, this post would get so much more attention if it was under "How To Guides" instead of "Development".

I intentionally left the "press the power button..." text on the screen, because once the bootloader is unlocked, and the phone takes you thru these screens, it will wait those ~8 seconds on that screen, unless you press the pwr button. So leaving there, lets the end user know they can skip it and get the system booted up faster.

However, I'll upload another version without the label 👍🏻

Reactions: Bec07

onefloofysheep

Aug 24, 2020
I intentionally left the "press the power button..." text on the screen, because once the bootloader is unlocked, and the phone takes you thru these screens, it will wait those ~8 seconds on that screen, unless you press the pwr button. So leaving there, lets the end user know they can skip it and get the system booted up faster.

Hi has the version without the label been posted?

Reactions: Bec07

Ziomus

May 3, 2010
AAAAAA help me :D By mistake i flash it to SM-G996B/DS
My phone cant boot now, PC cant detect it.
It is possible to charge it but its drain battery continuously
So can I somehow recover my hard bricked s21+?

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
* Disclaimer: I've only tested this on a G998B/DS Exynos S21 Ultra 5G, knox tripped and rooted with Magisk *
* DO NOT TRY ON ANY VARIANT OTHER THAN G998B/DS Exynos S21 Ultra 5G, I will be no responsible if you do *

* If it works for you on other variants, please report it so I can add it to the post, thanks *

As we all know, Samsung phones render a large, ugly disclaimers on the initials bootscreens/bootlogo when booting the phone, after it has been bootloader-unlocked (e.g. to root it via Magisk, to install TWRP, etc.)

Flashing this tweaked up_param partition on Odin will restore back a nice, clean bootscreen that won't scare the hell out of you every time you turn it on :)

How to install

1. Open Odin 3.14
2. Select the attached clean_bootlogo.tar into the BL box (you can use any slot, really, but suggesting BL here as a best practice)
3. Start flashing
4. Enjoy!

Hey buddy thank you so much for creating this... It is really scary indeed every time we boot to see that fear mongering screen.

I also wanted to ask if you have created the version without the "press the power button screen". Although I am not sure if it possible to bypass that 8 second screen.

Thank you and I hope you are well!

AAAAAA help me :D By mistake i flash it to SM-G996B/DS
My phone cant boot now, PC cant detect it.
It is possible to charge it but its drain battery continuously
So can I somehow recover my hard bricked s21+?
Did you manage to overcome it and fix your phone?

Last edited:

Ziomus

May 3, 2010
Yep, i send it to warranty. It is back to me with new motherboard, also new backplate without imei number on it.

Haha phone was knox 0x0 with new mobo

Just for one Day XD

So this file break hardware in other models xddd

Whole repair took 9 days.

Reactions: babyboy3265

MichelH1973

Aug 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yep, i send it to warranty. It is back to me with new motherboard, also new backplate without imei number on it.

Haha phone was knox 0x0 with new mobo

Just for one Day XD

So this file break hardware in other models xddd

Whole repair took 9 days.
Here the same .. flashing seems be fine but directly after reboot black screen of death …. Buttons doesn’t react on any combination seems is death lol … also Samsung smart switch doesn’t see the phone anymore no change too reflash it back …

Samsung s21 send back for warranty 4 days old lol

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Here the same .. flashing seems be fine but directly after reboot black screen of death …. Buttons doesn’t react on any combination seems is death lol … also Samsung smart switch doesn’t see the phone anymore no change too reflash it back …

Samsung s21 send back for warranty 4 days old lol
Strange, could you post all the steps of what you did to reach a brick?

It must be something wrong you did at some point and it went sideways, or you just missed something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to install

1. Open Odin 3.14
    3. Start flashing
    4. Enjoy!

If you unroot your s21ultra will it take out the warning boot screen?
    Only unroot (flashing stock) - No
    Re lock bootloader - yes

Here is the clean up_param.tar without the "press power key message"

Work on a12 s21 ultra ?
    Yeah, it works for A12.