Bootloop after magisk module install

PsyCoil

Sep 6, 2013
Hello everyone,
I recently installed Magisk and TWRP and at first everything was working completely fine, than I installed the f-droid privileged extension module the device started bootlooping.
I managed to fix the issue through TWRP (Fix bootloop option) and completely uninstalled Magisk through the official uninstaller. Thing is every time I'm trying to reinstall Magisk the problem returns.

Please help.

James Blode

Jul 22, 2016
Armenia
Happened to me to....you need to uninstall that exact module from your system....
You can uninstall any modules even from TWRP...
go to file explorer on TWRP
Open data then adb an then modules and delete unnecessary folder otf module...

Reactions: bebop80

PsyCoil

Sep 6, 2013
Happened to me to....you need to uninstall that exact module from your system....
You can uninstall any modules even from TWRP...
go to file explorer on TWRP
Open data then adb an then modules and delete unnecessary folder otf module...
Thank you for replying but the adb folder is empty.

Hitman478™

Aug 9, 2014
Mother Base
Hello everyone,
I recently installed Magisk and TWRP and at first everything was working completely fine, than I installed the f-droid privileged extension module the device started bootlooping.
I managed to fix the issue through TWRP (Fix bootloop option) and completely uninstalled Magisk through the official uninstaller. Thing is every time I'm trying to reinstall Magisk the problem returns.

Please help.
This is strange :confused: normally when you flash magisk uninstaller every module will be uninstalled, it's used to do a clean flash of magisk, infact when you reinstall magisk no module will be there and you need to reinstall everything

PsyCoil

Sep 6, 2013
This is strange :confused: normally when you flash magisk uninstaller every module will be uninstalled, it's used to do a clean flash of magisk, infact when you reinstall magisk no module will be there and you need to reinstall everything
Indeed. How should I proceed then? Could the "Fix bootloop option" in TWRP caused the issue?

Hitman478™

Aug 9, 2014
Mother Base
Indeed. How should I proceed then? Could the "Fix bootloop option" in TWRP caused the issue?

Let me think :confused:

Try this:

1) flash latest magisk uninstaller
2) reboot to system and make sure it's starting and working (no bootloop and/or no other problems)
3) Reboot to TWRP and flash magisk, don't let TWRP doing anything else
4) reboot to system, it must be works

Alternative is:

2) reboot to system and make sure it's starting and working (no bootloop and/or no other problems)
3) reboot to TWRP, dirty flash latest oos (10.3.1), then TWRP, reboot to TWRP
4) same as point 3
5) once you've reboot to TWRP at least one time after flashing oos, flash latest magisk
6) reboot to system

Only question is: which magisk version are you using?

EDIT: If "Fix bootloop option" is a flashable TWRP file, then follow directly the alternative way

Last edited:
Reactions: PsyCoil

PsyCoil

Sep 6, 2013
I have just tried the first method and unfortunately it did not work. The device keeps booting into fastboot instead of system. I will try the second method tomorrow and report here. Just to make sure I have it right, dirty flash is flashing the ROM without wiping the data first?
Magisk version is latest stable v20.3

Try this:

Alternative is:

4) same as point 3
5) once you've reboot to TWRP at least one time after flashing oos, flash latest magisk
6) reboot to system

EDIT: If "Fix bootloop option" is a flashable TWRP file, then follow directly the alternative way

PsyCoil

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks! The second solution did the trick. I'm pretty sure TWRP "Fix bootloop option" somehow caused the issue.

Try this:

Alternative is:

4) same as point 3
6) reboot to system

Reactions: Hitman478™

GhanemGh

Jan 2, 2021
hahaha i think magisk rooting method fail from safetynet check and module install. After a bootloader from specific module (disablerliboemencrypto) i restore my stuff to try another module (Bluetooth ..) a bootloop again happen :)
sorry but,GOOGLE beats YOU @topjohnwu.