Search This thread

intell2008

Feb 27, 2019
Please, confirm the bug related to BOOTLOOP after update to latest firmware:
en.miui.com/thread-5809179-1-2.html

marioandresl

Jan 23, 2019
Can you link the ROM you used?

I opened the device, did the test point, and put the V10.0.2 rom with MiFlash, but no succes, I'd like to try the 8.1 version.

Finally I didn't send it for warranty because I didn't want to lose some pictures. The I opened the device and did test point. Used V10.0.2 with no issues. It's working perfectly, now I'm afraid with February security update. Should I update it or not?

acocalypso

Feb 7, 2011
I'm facing the same issue here. Phone does not pass the android one screen.

I checked fastboot:

Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b
Finished. Total time: 0.001s

fastboot set_active a
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

E:\Android-SDK\platform-tools>fastboot set_active a
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

E:\Android-SDK\platform-tools>fastboot set_active b
Setting current slot to 'b'                        FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Finished. Total time: 0.003s

E:\Android-SDK\platform-tools>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a'                        FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Finished. Total time: 0.004s

Not sure why I cannt change the partition.
My phone is still locked.

Any idea what I could do?

Reactions: marioandresl

quarvin

Dec 25, 2010
about.me
Had the same issue as pangyaaaaaa and others in this thread described, with Mi A2 phone I ordered from AliExpress..
Eventually gave up and fixed it with opening the phone (even though I really didn't want to), finding the Test Points, and enter EDL mode, using this video: https://youtu.be/wav1xNdJzII , I don't speak his language, but this guy is the only one I found that actually shows the full flow of entering EDL mode.
Really disappointed from Xiaomi, not the first time, probably won't be the last, because they're the only one with sane prices.. But next time, the minute I'll get a new phone I'll unlock everything right away for sure, even though I don't want to because it's not secure, Xiaomi just leaves us no choice... :rolleyes:

Sermog02

Mar 23, 2019
Huawei P10
OnePlus 5
Download this: https[:]//en.miui.com/download-353.html
(remove the [ ])
unzip
enter fastboot
double click on the flash_all.bat file in the folder
don't update it anytime soon ;)

Thanks :victory: At first I wasn't sure that this rom was the correct one but now I have no dubt.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Download this: https[:]//en.miui.com/download-353.html
(remove the [ ])
unzip
enter fastboot
double click on the flash_all.bat file in the folder
don't update it anytime soon ;)

emh I tried your method and doesn't work.

MrBeast6000

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks :victory: At first I wasn't sure that this rom was the correct one but now I have no dubt.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

emh I tried your method and doesn't work.
Did you flash the critical?
*If not try this: https[:]//xdaforums.com/mi-a2/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-xiaomi-t3831484 (remove [ ] again).
*Do the drivers update, flash only the critical and try again.
*If it doesn't work lock the bootloader with "fastboot oem lock"/"fastboot oem relock" and then unlock it again, flash critical and try again.
*If that failed try flashing the rom with the miflash tool (google it).
*One more thing you can try is to switch the partition: "fastboot getvar current-slot" if you get "a" back type: "fastboot set_active b", if you get "b" back type: "fastboot set_active a".
*If all failed I'd suggest you to lock the bootloader back and go with the warranty option. I bricked my mi a2 to a qualcomm 9008 state last month and couldn't get out of it without using test points to enter edl, so I just sent it back and got a new one right away for free. good luck!

Last edited:

Sermog02

Mar 23, 2019
Huawei P10
OnePlus 5
Did you flash the critical?
*If not try this: https[:]//xdaforums.com/mi-a2/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-xiaomi-t3831484 (remove [ ] again).
*Do the drivers update, flash only the critical and try again.
*If it doesn't work lock the bootloader with "fastboot oem lock"/"fastboot oem relock" and then unlock it again, flash critical and try again.
*If that failed try flashing the rom with the miflash tool (google it).
*One more thing you can try is to switch the partition: "fastboot getvar current-slot" if you get "a" back type: "fastboot set_active b", if you get "b" back type: "fastboot set_active a".
*If all failed I'd suggest you to lock the bootloader back and go with the warranty option. I bricked my mi a2 to a qualcomm 9008 state last month and couldn't get out of it without using test points to enter edl, so I just sent it back and got a new one right away for free. good luck!

man at least I flashed manually the images of: boot, bluetooth, system, userdata and vendor via fastboot...
Now it Works :p

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
If you have enabled 'OEM Unlock' setting in Developer settings, you will probably be good, you can unlock bootloader(oem/flashing/critical) and flash the official ROM ( as per now, 10.0.2.0 )

If not, you have 2 options
-Boot into EDL using short points and flash from there
-Warranty

Same thing happened to a friend's phone, it wasn't touched and just went brick after 10.0.2.0 OTA.
Guess everyone should enable 'OEM Unlock' in case this happens(Data Encrypted anyway, worst case stolen phone better than the chance of brick every time an OTA comes)

edit: If you want to save your data, you obviously shouldn't try the bootloader unlock way...EDL flashing allows flashing without wiping data, but haven't tested that personally

I do this as a rule now after my Mom's Mi A2 got bricked. I gave her mine and moved on.

Sermog02

Mar 23, 2019
Huawei P10
OnePlus 5
Hers was hard bricked. I unlocked the bootloader on mine before giving it to her. It happened again and I was able to flash it. I will probably open hers this weekend and do an EDP flash since the seller is not responsive.

That's a tough nut to crack, soo good luck !
Try to remove every sensor of the phone like: the camera , the vibration motor, the microphone and proximity ecc...
My Sony z3 had the same problem and at least after many attemps I discovered that the proximity sensor was broken.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A2 using XDA Labs

MIN313

Feb 28, 2018
Islamabad
Xiaomi Mi A1
The only way to get it back is EDL, dont waste your time by posting new threads and asking for help.
Your phone is bricked but not with ota update , the only way get it back to life is the test point near battery .
but before doing this search read read read .
After that when you will be going to flash with test point , do understand that you have only 15 to 20 seconds after you touches the test point , it means when the phone is in recovery/edl mode you have a specific period of time to start flashing else you cant flash either in edl.
Good Luck.

Reactions: Sermog02

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just an advice for everyone reading this message from a Xiaomi Android One device: ALWAYS KEEP UR BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED, IT DOESNT MATTER IF USB DEBUG ISNT ACTIVE, JUST UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

sorry for caps, is just an important thing, i also had the issue but with unlocked bootloader i solved it easily
    Hello Community,

i have a Problem after the installation of the newest android Update (OTA).
    The A2 just Boot till the white AndroidOne Logo and it hangs there after a time it seems it shut down itself.

My Device:
    -USB Debugging is disabled, its a new testing device.
    -I cant boot in recovery mode (vol-UP+Power) just boots to the white androidOne Screen and there it hangs
    - I can enter fastboot(VOL-Down+power) mode and the device is listed when i type fastboot devices in my terminal on pc
    - when i fire up MiFlash tool it list my device after clicking refresh, if i want flash the latest FW (http://en.miui.com/download-353.html) i get the error:
    error:"Flash bluetooth_a error"
    - My bootloader is locked.

Question:
    How can I flash a offical Android with a locked bootloader?
    is it a good idea? or better send it back for a warranty solution (i dont want wait)
    is there another way to solve my problem? i really dont know whats the problem is. i did not rooted the device or anything.
    would be lovely if someone could help me. with an instruction what i can try.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Regards :cowboy:
    If you have enabled 'OEM Unlock' setting in Developer settings, you will probably be good, you can unlock bootloader(oem/flashing/critical) and flash the official ROM ( as per now, 10.0.2.0 )

If not, you have 2 options
    -Boot into EDL using short points and flash from there
    -Warranty

Same thing happened to a friend's phone, it wasn't touched and just went brick after 10.0.2.0 OTA.
    Guess everyone should enable 'OEM Unlock' in case this happens(Data Encrypted anyway, worst case stolen phone better than the chance of brick every time an OTA comes)

edit: If you want to save your data, you obviously shouldn't try the bootloader unlock way...EDL flashing allows flashing without wiping data, but haven't tested that personally
    Some users reported that getting in and out of fastboot mode while the phone is connected to the charger fixed their bootloop after january ota update.

Same problem here. Tried all your advises since several hours. Nothing worked so far.

I unfortunately updated the phone in the morning. The phone just boots until Android One appears. Nothing else.
    I tried almost everything and actually I am really pis**d right now because XIAOMI does not seem to be interested in all the people having the same issue with this update.

On my phone USB Debugging is disabled, I bought it a week ago - and actually why should I activate USB debugging?
    I cant get into recovery mode. I just can enter FastBoot (Vol down and power buttom) or Android One Logo appears where it stucks all the time.
    I cant either use MiFlash nor Mi Unlocker, XiaoMiTool or MiPCSuite as the device gets always error messages in all applications due to Lock State and not activated USB debugging.

How can we fix this bug???