Bootloop after TWRP

Search This thread

HanderMohander

May 27, 2023
Hi!

I was about to end this tutorial to root my MI 9 se (https://xdaforums.com/t/...er-flashing-recovery-rooting-process.4286597/) and when I restart after install Magisk, I get a boot loop. Since then I tried this so far:

-Run uninstall.zip (from magisk apk). Resulting on "Updater process ended with error: 1"

-Install a previous versions (23 and 25). After install each version, I rebooted without success. Trying the uninstall.zip of each version result in the same previous error.

-Flash a boot.img. Doesn't seems to work

-Try the Magisk Manager tool. Running mm says that No magisk is installed, althought installing any verision of Magisk doesnt seems to fail (just the uninstall.zip part)

Since the begginning i had to figure some things by myself because adb not recognizes the device. Fastboot in other hand works perfectly (My computer only detects the device when on fastboot, no the other way. Seems to be something related to encryption by Xiaomi)

Some thoughts?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I had to go back to Stock MIUI through MiFlash Utility. After that, y tried another method with Lineage OS UNOFFICIAL, from this same forum, but I reached the same point, with a TWRP recovery bootLoop. I tried version 3.6 and 3.7 of TWRP and the result was the same.

UPDATE 2: Tried SHRP Recovery, but once flashed, pressing volume up + power button wont boot into recovery, just fastboot again (same behaviour as volume down + power). Its so strange but, well, another one more to the bag of problems.. In this try, I was able to boot again normally if just power on the device normally.