Bootloop - Find devices closed unexpectly - Data Recovery

Search This thread

grischn

Sep 1, 2014
HI guys ... i really need your expertise in my options to recover data from my poco phone.

The Poco right now is in a bootloop after login screen. I have about 5 seconds till phone reboots after message "find devices closed unexpectly" appears (no airtel app is installed).
The USB debugging is not enabled and i have not enough time to enable it because i have to wait 10 seconds to hit ok button to enable USB debugging.

I can boot into recovery mode but the mi pc suite is not connecting then to be able to copy data. ADB in recovery can see my device (deviceno sideload) but i always get error when trying to mount filesystem or even when trying to update official ota rom. Right now theres 12.0.2.0 QJGEUXM installed.

I can also boot into Fastboot mode but dont know what my options are in fastboot.

So is there any possibility to enable anything within 5 seconds to make a data recovery happen? Or can i enable usb debugging with adb or fastboot?
- It is also connected to my Wifi in Lockscreen if that helps
- Fastboot can be reached
- Recovery mode can be reached
- device can boot in safe mode also (but still reboots after login)

Please help if you know any possibility without a wipe of the data partition.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: matiuxpy

grischn

Sep 1, 2014
flash stock fimrware using miflashtool and select save user data and done
yes i didn't give it a try yet cause i was not sure if it really keeps all the data. I read that i also have to change a file inside stock image to prevent my data getting deleted. Is that correct or is that exactly what the option "save user data" does when flashing stock rom?

tutibreaker

yes i didn't give it a try yet cause i was not sure if it really keeps all the data. I read that i also have to change a file inside stock image to prevent my data getting deleted. Is that correct or is that exactly what the option "save user data" does when flashing stock rom?
skips the format for data partition, i have do that many times to recover the firmware from bootloops due magisk modules

Last edited:

grischn

Sep 1, 2014
skips the format for data partition, i have do that many times to recover the firmware from bootloops due magisk modules
I tried to flash the ROM with MiFlash but it returns an error "flashing is not allowed in Lock state".

But when i want to unlock the Bootloader with Mi Unlock, it says that all user data will be ersaed. Is there any option to flash anything to this device without a complete wipe of my data?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI guys ... i really need your expertise in my options to recover data from my poco phone.

The Poco right now is in a bootloop after login screen. I have about 5 seconds till phone reboots after message "find devices closed unexpectly" appears (no airtel app is installed).
    The USB debugging is not enabled and i have not enough time to enable it because i have to wait 10 seconds to hit ok button to enable USB debugging.

I can boot into recovery mode but the mi pc suite is not connecting then to be able to copy data. ADB in recovery can see my device (deviceno sideload) but i always get error when trying to mount filesystem or even when trying to update official ota rom. Right now theres 12.0.2.0 QJGEUXM installed.

I can also boot into Fastboot mode but dont know what my options are in fastboot.

So is there any possibility to enable anything within 5 seconds to make a data recovery happen? Or can i enable usb debugging with adb or fastboot?
    - It is also connected to my Wifi in Lockscreen if that helps
    - Fastboot can be reached
    - Recovery mode can be reached
    - device can boot in safe mode also (but still reboots after login)

Please help if you know any possibility without a wipe of the data partition.

Thanks in advance!