• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloop issue - bootloader locked

Search This thread

Growicek

May 23, 2016
Hello everybody, I have a problems with unbricking Note 8 Pro - begonia - M1906G7G.

It stuck in boot loop. Bootloader is locked.

I have tried that python bypass and flashing firmware using SP Flash Tool. I get success / done message after a while, but when I power the phone, there are no changes. Phone is sitll in boot loop.

Is there anything, what can I do?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT:

Have just tried to flash TWRP, now I'm getting "system has been destroyed" error. So flashing probably works. Problem must be somewhere else.

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you dont care about data (I think you dont because you flashed by Sp flash tool), just unlock bootloader and flash by Sp Flash Tool again. Maybe you flash fastboot rom not same region with stock phone with locked bootloader. This is the way to unlock bootloader unofficial way you can try.

Last edited:

Growicek

May 23, 2016
If you dont care about data (I think you dont because you flashed by Sp flash tool), just unlock bootloader and flash by Sp Flash Tool again. Maybe you flash fastboot rom not same region with stock phone with locked bootloader. This is the way to unlock bootloader unofficial way you can try.
At first, I could not use that tool. Everytime I tried, I get this error: "mtk: error: argument cmd: invalid choice: 'xflash'".
I had to edit the mtkclient-gui.py with this two commands (from github)

subprocess.call(f"{runtime} mtkclient/mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc")
subprocess.call(f"{runtime} mtkclient/mtk da seccfg unlock")

Now after running the commands I get this in log: "Failed to format all partitions." and after that: "
100.0% Write (Sector 0x1 of 0x1, ) 0.05 MB/s
xflashext - Successfully wrote seccfg."

After this process, when I turn on the phone I get errors:
"dm-verify error
Android system on your device is corrupted."

When I check with fastboot mode, phone have bootloader unlocked now.

So I have tried to flash firmware using SP Flash Tool, got 100% done success message, but on phone I still can see only:
"dm-verify error

I have also tried fastboot rom and flashing using fastboot "flash_all.bat". Result was "OKAY" for every single file. Phone rebooted and again this error:

"dm-verify error
Android system on your device is corrupted.".

UPDATE:
Finally found firmware, which does not give me "dm-verify error. Android system on your device is corrupted.". But phone is still in a bootloop.

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
At first, I could not use that tool. Everytime I tried, I get this error: "mtk: error: argument cmd: invalid choice: 'xflash'".

Now after running the commands I get this in log: "Failed to format all partitions." and after that: "

"dm-verify error

So I have tried to flash firmware using SP Flash Tool, got 100% done success message, but on phone I still can see only:
"dm-verify error

I have also tried fastboot rom and flashing using fastboot "flash_all.bat". Result was "OKAY" for every single file. Phone rebooted and again this error:

"dm-verify error

UPDATE:
Finally found firmware, which does not give me "dm-verify error. Android system on your device is corrupted.". But phone is still in a bootloop.
Flash this TWRP if you using Miui 12.5.x: MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Try
- Advanced > Patch vbmeta
- Reboot > System and check

If you dont have twrp:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

And vbmeta.img take from fastboot or recovery rom you flashed

If not work, try flash custom rom same as Miui Firmware based to check if phone still can work or not.
And if Custom roms work, just throw Miui away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Growicek

May 23, 2016
Flash this TWRP if you using Miui 12.5.x: MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Try
- Advanced > Patch vbmeta
- Reboot > System and check

If you dont have twrp:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

And vbmeta.img take from fastboot or recovery rom you flashed

If not work, try flash custom rom same as Miui Firmware based to check if phone still can work or not.
And if Custom roms work, just throw Miui away.
Have tried flashing that TWRP. After doing it, I have tried: fastboot reboot recovery. Recovery never loaded. Just pure bootloop. Have also tried flashing vbmeta.img from firmware I have flashed. Then I powered on the phone. Again bootloop. When I tried to flashing few others TWRP. Same result - bootloop. Recovery never boot.

Could not find any custom rom, which is flashable through SP Flash Tool (With working scatter etc..), so I have tried to flash img files from custom rom one by one using fastboot (probably did something wrong or maybe not, idk), phone still in bootloop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canny1913

Sep 1, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro

"dm-verify error

"dm-verify error

"dm-verify error

UPDATE:
That dm-verity error is normal if you use mtkclient. You need to lock the phone in mtkclient and reunlock the phone in the normal way to get rid of that error

Also the link seems to got removed but i use Salih-Sonar's TWRP for MIUI 12.5 (search begonia-oss and download the MIUI 12.5 one)

You can just flash the full fastboot rom and it should work unless you corrupted properitary partitions (nvdata,persist,nvcfg etc)

Growicek

May 23, 2016
That dm-verity error is normal if you use mtkclient. You need to lock the phone in mtkclient and reunlock the phone in the normal way to get rid of that error

Also the link seems to got removed but i use Salih-Sonar's TWRP for MIUI 12.5 (search begonia-oss and download the MIUI 12.5 one)

You can just flash the full fastboot rom and it should work unless you corrupted properitary partitions (nvdata,persist,nvcfg etc)
I have finally after hours and hours of trying flashed firmware, which is not stuck in bootloop. Now the phone reboots after few seconds of running. I found out, that CPU is overheating, so probably hardware issue. Will try reball of the CPU chip and we will see, if it helps.

Canny1913

Sep 1, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I have finally after hours and hours of trying flashed firmware, which is not stuck in bootloop. Now the phone reboots after few seconds of running. I found out, that CPU is overheating, so probably hardware issue. Will try reball of the CPU chip and we will see, if it helps.
Well good luck then.

There is a super small chance that the overheat is be related to the firmware though. But the odds of that are really low if the phone is running normal.

Growicek

May 23, 2016
Well good luck then.

There is a super small chance that the overheat is be related to the firmware though. But the odds of that are really low if the phone is running normal.
Phone was in a bootloop, so I have unlocked bootloader, flashed latest firmware, phone was still in bootloop. So I have flashed very very old firmware and then phone booted successfuly. I was able to set language, region, connect to wifi and then freeze. After few seconds it rebooted. I have checked the temperature of CPU (with my finger) and it was quite hot.

Let's hope that reballing will help.