Bootloop on newest X.x.10 Update? No TWRP only Magisk

Search This thread

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
I installed the update like i normally did. Went into magisk and installed Magisk on the "After OTA" setting. Now it's boot looping. I'm NOT using TWRP. This is the first time this has happened. Normally I update the OTA, DONT RESET, install Magisk on OTA setting and reboot and it works fine. Anyway to fix this? It boots 90%, but once it gets to main screen RIGHT before it asks for my PIN, it goes to 'rebooting'. Do I need to wipe my phone and start over?

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
I'm not rooted but From my experience you have to delete modules folder in twrp

I just wiped my phone and I'm going to start fresh. I should have done some reading before installing the new OTA. I just figured it was like the old ones. I was bootlooping so I was unable to disabled those AFTER the fact.

My fault at this point. I'll just start fresh and reinstall Magisk when I have time.

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
I just wiped my phone and I'm going to start fresh. I should have done some reading before installing the new OTA. I just figured it was like the old ones. I was bootlooping so I was unable to disabled those AFTER the fact.

My fault at this point. I'll just start fresh and reinstall Magisk when I have time.
Only disabling modules won't help,You have to delete the folder,Next time when you update

Reactions: whitak3r

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Only disabling modules won't help,You have to delete the folder,Next time when you update

Thank you. I'll do that next time, would of saved me a bunch headache if I would of just read a little bit lol
I ended up cleaning my system and everything went back to stock root. So I updated magsik and magisk man. And it fixed everything. I'm in the processes of reinstalling all my stuff now though :(

Jaco2k

Sep 11, 2010
Tampere
For me, there is only one module causing problems - the OOS call recorder enabler.
I simply remove that module and reboot before starting the OTA and all was fine.

sulliwane

May 18, 2010
Lyon
I have same problem here (bootloop). Removing the los call recorder module folder from TWRP file explorer (/data/adb/modules/folder_to_remove) worked!

h8Aramex

Oct 24, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
I have same problem here (bootloop). Removing the los call recorder module folder from TWRP file explorer (/data/adb/modules/folder_to_remove) worked!

This. But the module clearly says REMOVE before attempting upgrade!
And like I suppose most people here - I also did not follow that instruction and ended up with a bootloop. lmao. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.