• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bootloop to recovery after Odin Flash

Search This thread

mati11233

Jan 9, 2017
I'm having a strange issue when flashing updates and magisk on my s21 ultra
When I try to flash an update with odin I'm using "HOME_CSC" as I want to keep the data on the device. However it results in a boot loop to recovery where I have 3 options
1. Restart the phone
2. Factory reset
3. Check logs

Restarting the phone just restarts it and boots to the same menu.

Only way to fix it is to do factory rest or flash normal CSC, but that wipes my data so I want to avoid it.

I've checked the logs and saw an error saying
Unable to set property "ro.boottime.init.mount.cache to" "3"

I've tried wiping cache in recovery as well, but that didn't help.

I also have the same issue when I flash magisk boot image with odin. it bootloops to recovery, and the only way to fix it is to do factory reset. Surprisingly the device is still rooted after the reset.

Reactions: Lif3mau5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having a strange issue when flashing updates and magisk on my s21 ultra
    When I try to flash an update with odin I'm using "HOME_CSC" as I want to keep the data on the device. However it results in a boot loop to recovery where I have 3 options
    1. Restart the phone
    2. Factory reset
    3. Check logs

Restarting the phone just restarts it and boots to the same menu.

Only way to fix it is to do factory rest or flash normal CSC, but that wipes my data so I want to avoid it.

I've checked the logs and saw an error saying
    Unable to set property "ro.boottime.init.mount.cache to" "3"

I've tried wiping cache in recovery as well, but that didn't help.

I also have the same issue when I flash magisk boot image with odin. it bootloops to recovery, and the only way to fix it is to do factory reset. Surprisingly the device is still rooted after the reset.