• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloop with no recovery or fastboot options

Search This thread

jeromeof

Jun 22, 2011
Celbridge
Not sure what I did but I am now stuck in a bootloop where it reboots every 10 seconds or so but I can't get into recovery or get to fastboot no matter how I press and hold the Power and up or down volume buttons? Is there any way out of this? I left the phone overnight and the battery wasted but as soon as I plugged it into the USB on my laptop again it went back to the bootloop.

So, just wondering is there a special sequence of buttons to press on the device, that I don't know of, when this happens?

Thanks

jeromeof

Jun 22, 2011
Celbridge
Yes, I had switched from MIUI to PixelExperience (and I had unlocked the bootloader etc to do this) but I believe I did something wrong in the process and both my IMEI (which were still reported correctly) were not working - I thought this might be some firmware issue so I had flashed an update firmware but that did not help. So I went and flashed the Engineering ROM to see would that help resetting the device.

But that didn't help and I had lost TWRP so I refreshed TWRP and at that point it went into the bootloop. What I don't understand is why I can't get back to fastboot - I can understand maybe something went wrong with the version of TWRP I flashed (though I am pretty sure it was the same one I flashed originally when playing around with the PixelExperience ROM.

Anyway, just wondering if there was some other mechanism to trigger either the fast boot or some recovery as its like the boot loader fail to find anything appropriate to boot up from.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Yes, I had switched from MIUI to PixelExperience (and I had unlocked the bootloader etc to do this) but I believe I did something wrong in the process and both my IMEI (which were still reported correctly) were not working - I thought this might be some firmware issue so I had flashed an update firmware but that did not help. So I went and flashed the Engineering ROM to see would that help resetting the device.

But that didn't help and I had lost TWRP so I refreshed TWRP and at that point it went into the bootloop. What I don't understand is why I can't get back to fastboot - I can understand maybe something went wrong with the version of TWRP I flashed (though I am pretty sure it was the same one I flashed originally when playing around with the PixelExperience ROM.

Anyway, just wondering if there was some other mechanism to trigger either the fast boot or some recovery as its like the boot loader fail to find anything appropriate to boot up from.
Because you compromissed the boot process.
When your device try to boot, it make some checks first.
You need to flash the stock MIUI rom again.

Reactions: RN9_G85

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Yes, thanks, I imagine that is what happened but how can I flash when I can't get into recovery or get to into fastboot?
You need to flash the stock MIUI rom again using SPFLASHTOOL.

Reactions: RN9_G85
Not sure what I did but I am now stuck in a bootloop where it reboots every 10 seconds or so but I can't get into recovery or get to fastboot no matter how I press and hold the Power and up or down volume buttons? Is there any way out of this? I left the phone overnight and the battery wasted but as soon as I plugged it into the USB on my laptop again it went back to the bootloop.

So, just wondering is there a special sequence of buttons to press on the device, that I don't know of, when this happens?

Thanks
If you have have adb drivers installed in your pc, try connecting your phone and open power shell. Then try this command.
Code:
adb devices
If it shows the device, then simply command
Code:
adb reboot fastboot
and flash the fastboot rom.
If not works, then follow VD171.
Also you should read threads carefully before flashing anything. Like there a tread about pixelplus UI. And they recommend to force reboot when you see the boot logo. To avoid boot loop.
Good luck

Reactions: VD171

Don't flash pixel experience. It's unofficial and it's and old version. I recommend you to flash pixel extended after solving and flashing latest fastboot rom. It's official and provide update every month. This rom is also a pure aosp based Stock rom.
Always read new treads before deciding

Last edited:

Also, before doing any customization, you have to flash the Indonesian fastboot rom. Because almost every development is based on Indonesian rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you flash anything?

Because you compromissed the boot process.
    When your device try to boot, it make some checks first.
    You need to flash the stock MIUI rom again.
    Yes, thanks, I imagine that is what happened but how can I flash when I can't get into recovery or get to into fastboot?
    You need to flash the stock MIUI rom again using SPFLASHTOOL.

Thanks
    If you have have adb drivers installed in your pc, try connecting your phone and open power shell. Then try this command.
    Code:
    adb devices
    If it shows the device, then simply command
    Code:
    adb reboot fastboot
    and flash the fastboot rom.
    If not works, then follow VD171.
    Also you should read threads carefully before flashing anything. Like there a tread about pixelplus UI. And they recommend to force reboot when you see the boot logo. To avoid boot loop.
    Good luck