Bootlooping Sprint LG G5 . Trying to recover text messages / app data

Search This thread

imekul

Aug 4, 2008
Illinois
I have a Sprint LG G5, and it looks like I'm having some bootlooping issues. The phone keeps restarting itself. It will often get to the lock screen and ask for my password (it's encrypted). If I enter the password in time, the password prompt will go away but I'll just see the yellow spark animation on the black background, and I'll never get to my home screen. Ultimately the phone will reboot itself. If I just let the phone sit without entering the password, it will reboot itself as well.

Things we have tried:

Swapping batteries
Letting the phone sit for hours while turned off (in case it was overheating)
Clearing cache from recovery mode
Rebooting into safe mode. Pretty well the same behavior in safe mode.

My main concern is retrieving text messages and possibly other app data that was not backed up otherwise. Any ideas on what I can do to possibly retrieve / extract text messages? I have the option to factory reset the phone from the recovery mode, and I know this could (potentially) solve the bootloop issue, but obviously I would lose the text messages.

Would appreciate any suggestions!

Debini

Jun 7, 2017
Messages Recovery: How to Export Text Messages from Android

There is no doubt that cell phone text messages play a critical role in our everyday life. And there are also many cases that people mistakenly delete important chatting history from Android phone. When this happens, how to recover deleted text messages from Android phone?
Actually, in most cases, the “deleted” text messages are not really erased from your phone. They'll be temporarily kept on your phone for a period of time after you delete them and then overwritten by other data. Thus, you can turn to some reliable Android data recovery tool to help you retrieve deleted text messages on Android before they are permanently erased.
Here in this article, we’ll show how to recover deleted text messages from Android device using FoneDog toolkit- Android Data Recovery one powerful Android & iOS data recovery tool. FoneDog toolkit- Android Data Recovery supports retrieving Android data and files that matter to you most, including messages, call history, photos, contacts, videos events and more.
Step 1. Open FoneDog toolkit -Android Data Recovery and connect your Android phone
Step 2. Select Messages > Click Next.
Step 3. Preview and select the messages you want to recover
Completed guide:
Messages Recovery: How to Export Text Messages from Android

DizturbedOne

Nov 9, 2012
Sacramento
Exactly how mine died. got it running again but now it gets really hot, acts laggy, won't take a charge unless I bump charge it a bunch, won't fast charge. On my 4th phone that I cobbled together from 3 other failing G5's. The thing is unreliable junk. Tried to use it as a backup when my wife's Note 8 died, and of course it crops up with all these issues when it was the only G5 we had that worked (except light bleed, crap GPS, and the occasional random reboot) LOLOLOL ☠ the G5. *rant over*

Dude, when mine was doing this I let it sit over and over for a few days at a time and kept trying to boot it into safe mode. if finally worked and I bump charged it for like a half hour (had my son do it LOL) and after roughly 20 tries it finally started charging. From there it was acting laggy and weird so I was frantically killing all of the processes and when it finally cleared up enough to run kind of decent I was able to just let it charge enough to update it. Now that the updates are done (I accidentally went one too far and got ZVC though dammit) it still does the weird charging stuff but is running smooth again for now.