BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Oreo for ZB602KL/ZB601KL(X00T)

Search This thread

BORETS24

Jul 7, 2015
Moscow
This ROM based on stock Oreo ROMS for M1, ZC554KL and ZE620KL, This is NOT SGSI
Screenshot_20190330-210958.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-211540.jpg
Screenshot_20190331-151455%5B1%5D.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-211329.jpg

Features​
1. ROM works freely in the standard SELinux Enforcing mode, while not very lagging and most of the ZenUI functions work
2. Added the main features of ZenUI: Asus themes, long screenshots, reassigning navibar buttons, gestures, reassigning the button of the latest applications to the screenshot action, TwinApps, GameGenie, manual and automatic voice recording of a conversation without root, different melodies on SIM cards, separate call volume adjustment and notifications, the ability to set the phone number of a specific SIM card, weather animation on the lock screen, slide shows, and more, see screenshots.
3. Whenever possible, I keep the stock ROM components and code for seamlessly working with our hardware in SELinux Enforcing, so that in some places the AOSP style with familiar with the drain settings will appear (for example, Screen color)
4. Adjusting the vibration intensity for vibration feedback, notifications and ringing tone
5. Made an extended display of system information (processor, amount of RAM on board, driver version, current SELinux status, firmware information, release date, link to my profile, etc.)
6. Added the item “BORETS ROM Settings” to the main settings menu, where you can customize the device a bit: turn on / off the internet connection speed indicator, set the number of rows and columns in the curtain, set the number of tiles in the curtain header, select the weather widget from 3 -h options, switch to the SELinux Permissive mode, if something suddenly does not work and the firmware starts to crash (after all, it’s known that bad Google made changes to SELinux policies that interfered with the operation of fully deodexed firmware, which BORETS ROM is)
7. Something is backporting with ZenUI4.0, namely the weather clock widget on the lock screen with the possibility of its complete shutdown. I consider why the place should disappear, put a weather widget on the desktop, when on the lock screen it doesn’t bother anyone and the weather is available even without unlocking the screen.
8. Advanced reboot menu in a new style, where I added a quick reboot, reboot into recovery and into fastboot mode.
9. Activated SystemUI Tuner, where I added the ability to remove the brightness slider from the curtain
10. Free recording to the memory card even from those programs that do not have an API for this. For example, it is possible through UC Browser to select for download any folder on the memory card and there will be no abuse on the policies of android
11. The Asus engine with the top-end Asus ROG Phone, which is capable of changing the style of not only the main settings menu, but also all of its sub-items (of course, except for those I added)
12. Modified by me ZenUI Launcher(better known as Asus Launcher) version 4.5.3.15 with the ability to select the number of icons in the dock bar, separate adjustment of the grid on the desktop and in the application menu. Note: I do not like Lankers of version 5.x, because they cut out almost all the best that was previously, but you can upgrade directly from the lunch menu
13. Built-in GAPPS from stock 340 ROM, some of the GoogleProg updated to the current versions
14. A lot of Asus programs instead of Google, but I tried so that users had a choice, so I left stock, Google messages, Google phone, Google contacts, etc. along with Asus Lancher, Asus phone, Asus SMS / MMS, etc.
15. Added a dictaphone tile, night mode, as well as a tile to launch the Asus flashlight into the curtain, if you use this application (if the application is not installed, this tile will not be)
16. Priority led notification over charging
17. Added 3G / 4G network mode
18. Asus Powersave modes
19. Fixed Light sensor work, it working even in dark room after reboot
18. Other modifications

How to install:​
1. Required unlocked bootloader and TWRP 3.2.3-0
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Wipe data partition only, NO NEED clean internal partition and another. If installed my previous ROM versions then NO NEED any wipe, enough dirty install
4. Flash ROM, boot phone and wait. ROM have long first boot time because fully deodexed

Download link:https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/113R03OkR7BjZezAak91ZqAADWjl6v1bf

Development is the hard work, do not forget donate to me

Telegram Gpoup for discussion: https://t.me/boretsm1

XDA:DevDB Information
BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Oreo[NOT SGSI], ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
BORETS24
Source Code: https://github.com/BORETS24/BORETS-PIE-kernel-for-ZB602KL-X00T-Oreo

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: Stock 340 ROM

Version Information

Created 2019-04-06
Last Updated 2019-08-15

Last edited:

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
This ROM based on stock Oreo ROMs for M1, ZC554KL and ZE620KL

Features
1. ROM works freely in the standard SELinux Enforcing mode, while not very lagging and most of the ZenUI functions work
2. Added the main features of ZenUI: Asus themes, long screenshots, reassigning navibar buttons, gestures, reassigning the button of the latest applications to the screenshot action, TwinApps, GameGenie, manual and automatic voice recording of a conversation without root, different melodies on SIM cards, separate call volume adjustment and notifications, the ability to set the phone number of a specific SIM card, weather animation on the lock screen, slide shows, and more, see screenshots.
3. Whenever possible, I keep the stock ROM components and code for seamlessly working with our hardware in SELinux Enforcing, so that in some places the AOSP style with familiar with the drain settings will appear (for example, Screen color)
4. Adjusting the vibration intensity for vibration feedback, notifications and ringing tone
5. Made an extended display of system information (processor, amount of RAM on board, driver version, current SELinux status, firmware information, release date, link to my profile, etc.)
6. Added the item “BORETS ROM Settings” to the main settings menu, where you can customize the device a bit: turn on / off the internet connection speed indicator, set the number of rows and columns in the curtain, set the number of tiles in the curtain header, select the weather widget from 3 -h options, switch to the SELinux Permissive mode, if something suddenly does not work and the firmware starts to crash (after all, it’s known that bad Google made changes to SELinux policies that interfered with the operation of fully deodexed firmware, which BORETS ROM is)
7. Something is backporting with ZenUI4.0, namely the weather clock widget on the lock screen with the possibility of its complete shutdown. I consider why the place should disappear, put a weather widget on the desktop, when on the lock screen it doesn’t bother anyone and the weather is available even without unlocking the screen.
8. Advanced reboot menu in a new style, where I added a quick reboot, reboot into recovery and into fastboot mode.
9. Activated SystemUI Tuner, where I added the ability to remove the brightness slider from the curtain
10. Free recording to the memory card even from those programs that do not have an API for this. For example, it is possible through UC Browser to select for download any folder on the memory card and there will be no abuse on the policies of android
11. The Asus engine with the top-end Asus ROG Phone, which is capable of changing the style of not only the main settings menu, but also all of its sub-items (of course, except for those I added)
12. Modified by me ZenUI Launcher(better known as Asus Launcher) version 4.5.3.15 with the ability to select the number of icons in the dock bar, separate adjustment of the grid on the desktop and in the application menu. Note: I do not like Asus Launcher version 5.x, because they cut out almost all the best that was previously, but you can upgrade directly from the Launcher menu
13. Built-in GAPPS from stock 340 ROM, some of the Google Apps updated to the current versions
14. A lot of Asus programs instead of Google, but I tried so that users had a choice, so I left stock, Google messages, Google phone, Google contacts, etc. along with Asus Lancher, Asus phone, Asus SMS / MMS, etc.
15. Added a dictaphone tile, night mode, as well as a tile to launch the Asus flashlight into the curtain, if you use this application (if the application is not installed, this tile will not be)
18. Asus Powersave modes
20. ExFAT r/w support, NTFS support(read only)
Other modifications

How to install:
2. Reboot to TWRP
3. Wipe data partition only, NO NEED clean internal partition and another. If installed my previous ROM versions then NO NEED any wipe, enough dirty install
4. Flash ROM, boot phone and wait. ROM have long first boot time because fully deodexed

Bugs/shortcommings:
1. I don’t know why, but after almost every full reboot, the WiFi itself doesn’t turn on, you need to turn it on manually or through settings.
Note: Item 1 is not relevant if you have performed a quick reboot, and not a normal one.
2. Since I have my hands tied as the stock firmware base, I cannot add policies for the operation of some ZenUI functions, for example, changing FlipFont fonts, will work only in SELinux Permissive and not completely.
3. Fast charging is supported, as on the stock ROM, but not displayed, since SystemUI ZenUI-like firmware determines the charging speed not by the remaining time before full charging, but by other parameters that are not in AOSP
4. Lags are possible, especially with a large number of installed programs, to eliminate this, you need to switch SELinux to Permissive and restart the phone (thanks to Google for creating all sorts of obstacles to the normal operation of deodexed firmware, see details in item 6 of the description).
5. In the application from Asus-SMS / MMS, the choice of a melody for the second SIM and problems with MMS does not work. If it is critical, then use the "Messages" from Google, which is included in the firmware package (or another client to your taste)
6. VoLTE mode on SIM2 cannot be disabled

Download link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f0rTmAHQypNWEoy-eGKZaYAwdmonog3f

Telegram Gpoup for discussion:https://t.me/boretsm1

BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Edition, ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
BORETS24
Based On: Stock

Version Information

Created 2019-04-06
Last Updated 2019-04-06
Wow! @BORETS24, Loved your customisation of stock ROM on the ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML). Downloading for use. Thanks and С наилучшими пожеланиями.

Akibtech

Sep 23, 2017

Features
12. Modified by me ZenUI Launcher(better known as Asus Launcher) version 4.5.3.15 with the ability to select the number of icons in the dock bar, separate adjustment of the grid on the desktop and in the application menu. Note: I do not like Asus Launcher version 5.x, because they cut out almost all the best that was previously, but you can upgrade directly from the Launcher menu
13. Built-in GAPPS from stock 340 ROM, some of the Google Apps updated to the current versions
18. Asus Powersave modes
Other modifications

How to install:
2. Reboot to TWRP

Bugs/shortcommings:
1. I don’t know why, but after almost every full reboot, the WiFi itself doesn’t turn on, you need to turn it on manually or through settings.
Note: Item 1 is not relevant if you have performed a quick reboot, and not a normal one.
2. Since I have my hands tied as the stock firmware base, I cannot add policies for the operation of some ZenUI functions, for example, changing FlipFont fonts, will work only in SELinux Permissive and not completely.
3. Fast charging is supported, as on the stock ROM, but not displayed, since SystemUI ZenUI-like firmware determines the charging speed not by the remaining time before full charging, but by other parameters that are not in AOSP
4. Lags are possible, especially with a large number of installed programs, to eliminate this, you need to switch SELinux to Permissive and restart the phone (thanks to Google for creating all sorts of obstacles to the normal operation of deodexed firmware, see details in item 6 of the description).
5. In the application from Asus-SMS / MMS, the choice of a melody for the second SIM and problems with MMS does not work. If it is critical, then use the "Messages" from Google, which is included in the firmware package (or another client to your taste)

Download link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f0rTmAHQypNWEoy-eGKZaYAwdmonog3f

Contributors
BORETS24

Version Information

Created 2019-04-06
Last Updated 2019-04-06
Sir please make ROM based on oxygen os For max pro m1

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Features
18. Asus Powersave modes
Other modifications

How to install:
2. Reboot to TWRP

Bugs/shortcommings:

Contributors
BORETS24

Version Information

Created 2019-04-06
Last Updated 2019-04-06
Please make a ROM based in stock Asus but with some features

adityaon

Feb 5, 2017
Indore
Thank you so much for adding zen features to this stock rom... Hope so you'll be adding zen features in upcoming pie build as well. Till then tnnx and best of luck with ur work.:good:

BORETS24

Jul 7, 2015
Moscow
Sir please make ROM based on oxygen os For max pro m1

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Please make a ROM based in stock Asus but with some features

Sir, but ROM already based on stock 340. And this thread about BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Edition ROM only but not requests about another ROMs. My specialization is ZenUI styled ROMs and I hate AOSP, MIUI etc User Interface.

Akibtech

Sep 23, 2017
Sir, but ROM already based on stock 340. And this thread about BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Edition ROM only but not requests about another ROMs. My specialization is ZenUI styled ROMs and I hate AOSP, MIUI etc User Interface.
Sir Are you joking Oxygen Os is most beautiful rom

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Just buy Oneplus ;)
Just buy asus 5z if you want to use zenui

elemenTRI

Jan 26, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
Thanks Borets for the stable ZenUI rom. The previous ZenUI from other Dev BT was not fix. Good choices for the ZenUI Launcher, the updated one, icon resizing option was taken out. Thanks again.

Last edited:

BORETS24

Jul 7, 2015
Moscow
Thanks Borets for the stable ZenUI rom. The previous ZenUI from other Dev BT was not fix. Good choices for the ZenUI Launcher, the updated one, icon resizing option was taken out. Thanks again.

Yes, new Asus Launcher 5.x is bored and terrible where cut many functions which was like many users... therefore I take lastest 4.x version with icon resizing, text size etc and modified it for adding some features: split grid size on home screen and app menu, choose number of dock bar icons etc.

AKILXDA

Nov 14, 2015
KOTTAYAM
Sir Are you joking Oxygen Os is most beautiful rom

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Just buy asus 5z if you want to use zenui

You are just everywhere man. Why are you requesting for some other ROM. In the thread made for zenui based ROM. When you can find oxygen port threads on XDA why are you irritating everyone? :eek: :confused:

Reactions: hover_rucky

ripeshsadhu

Jul 14, 2013
jammu
#request , addition of advanced menu in settings where we can customize the rom like battery bar , clock color , recent ram , long pressing back button etc , same as we do get in almost all custom roms.

thanks in advance . best of luck for your work in future and appreciation for this mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM based on stock Oreo ROMS for M1, ZC554KL and ZE620KL, This is NOT SGSI
    Screenshot_20190330-210958.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-211540.jpg
    Screenshot_20190331-151455%5B1%5D.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-211329.jpg

Features​
    12. Modified by me ZenUI Launcher(better known as Asus Launcher) version 4.5.3.15 with the ability to select the number of icons in the dock bar, separate adjustment of the grid on the desktop and in the application menu. Note: I do not like Lankers of version 5.x, because they cut out almost all the best that was previously, but you can upgrade directly from the lunch menu
    13. Built-in GAPPS from stock 340 ROM, some of the GoogleProg updated to the current versions
    18. Asus Powersave modes
    18. Other modifications

How to install:​
    2. Reboot to TWRP

Download link:https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/113R03OkR7BjZezAak91ZqAADWjl6v1bf

Telegram Gpoup for discussion: https://t.me/boretsm1

BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Oreo[NOT SGSI], ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
    BORETS24
    Source Code: https://github.com/BORETS24/BORETS-PIE-kernel-for-ZB602KL-X00T-Oreo

Based On: Stock 340 ROM

Version Information

Created 2019-04-06
    Last Updated 2019-08-15
    Here will be post with changelog
    Note: if stuck on logo or throw to bootloader then long press power button, phone rebooted and should to boot
    Changelog

BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Oreo
    06/11/2019
    Re-branding to BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Oreo

Kernel updated, now using stock 9.0 kernel configuration and also added TTL fixation

Improved interface responsiveness and app launch speed

SIM card settings now fully from ZenUI 5.0 and stock SIM settings removed

Increase double tap and gestures work

Updated many apps to actual versions

Easiest method of donations, now my Qiwi and Yandex money accounts is a clickable links in the settings

Changes in the main Settings menu and main menu of the BORETS ROM settings aviable to change by ZenUI themes

Added system color accents form LineageOS

Removed screen resolution settings because caused bugs with pattern in HD mode

Many other
    04/17/2019
    Updated SystemUI

Added selection of reboot menu style

Added screen resolution selection between Full HD + and HD +

Removed the "Support" item from the settings, deleted the Service Center app

Added to the settings access to the engineering menu of networks - the item "Testing"

The dialer, contacts and call screen are now with ZenUI4.0, because they are more functional than with ZenUI5.0 (setting the photo full screen for contacts, the contact list has contact photos, in the call log and the call screen displays not only the but the number, in the call log there are photos of contacts and icons of missed and incoming calls, and not an empty space, etc.) ATTENTION !!! It is required to clear the data of the "Asus Contacts" and "Asus Calling Screen" applications, otherwise they will be crash and there may be problems with the proximity sensor during a call !!

Removed the Ambient Display function, which worked incorrectly and caused problems with the fingerprint operation.

In Settings> Advanced> ZenMotion added the item "Gestures" to enable / disable the camera launch function by double pressing the power button

boot.img is patched with the latest Magisk 19.0 canary (19004)

Fixed: WiFi did not automatically turn on after phone reboots

Other
    The final blow to the lags of the interface, it is better not to do

Updated Page Marker

The installer has slightly changed, now there is less chance that after the first boot after installation, it will throw it into fastboot

Fixed: crashes and inoperability of some items in the Acessibility settings

Fixed: the "Smallest width" item did not work in the settings for developers
    The interface is even smoother

Slightly reduced the consumption of RAM

Removed some Google apps: Video, Google contacts, Duo, Google Dialer, etc.

Added some proprietary ZenUI features: Page Marker, Kids mode, Easy mode

Added support for Asus Mobile Manager, but I will not include the firmware as I think that killing processes and autorun is bad, it makes things worse

boot.img patched Magisk 19.0 Canary, so, it seems, there are no longer random random throws to the fastboot during reboots, as it was on Magisk 18.2-19.0

Updated some Asus services and apps

Added the Ambient Display function, but it does not work correctly, for some reason, a transparent background, and not black

Fixed: “Mobile data” item crashed for some users

As usual, no wipes are needed if one of my previous versions was installed.
    Is it a compiled rom?
    Or sgsi?

No source code, no sgsi. This is stock 340 based ROM. I cover stock 340 with ZenUI5.0 style and functions.
    ROM updated, changelog in the post #22

Yes, new Asus Launcher 5.x is bored and terrible where cut many functions which was like many users... therefore I take lastest 4.x version with icon resizing, text size etc and modified it for adding some features: split grid size on home screen and app menu, choose number of dock bar icons etc.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone