Both cams failure

Search This thread

HelmutK.

Jan 30, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi there,
I got a problem with my Nexus 5 32GB (D821). Frist the rear cam failured, now the frontcam failured.

I tried another rear cam modul, doesnt work.
I tested the cam modul with another nexus - it works. I tried the cam modul of the first one - it works.
So the cam modules are fine.
I tried a lot of apps, none of them worked. I've tried another custom rom - nothing changed.

Of course I deleted the cache and stoped the app.

Got anybody an idea whats wrong with my Nexus?

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Have you wiped and flashed the latest stock ROM? If the camera still doesn't work, it may be a failed motherboard.

HelmutK.

Jan 30, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Have you wiped and flashed the latest stock ROM? If the camera still doesn't work, it may be a failed motherboard.

Hi audit13 thank you for your response..
Yes, I flashed the last stock... but... there is no google camera app installed... and I can't find it in the Playstore...
Other App like OpenCamera can't connecting to the cameras..

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
There's no camera app after flashing the stock Google ROM? Strange because I recall that every Google ROM I flashed via fastboot had a camera app.

HelmutK.

Jan 30, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
There's no camera app after flashing the stock Google ROM? Strange because I recall that every Google ROM I flashed via fastboot had a camera app.

I whipped again... you're right. The google cam app is already installed but the icon is missing and I can't start the cam.
Other apps doesn't work.

But after I try the spare part again the front cam is working again..

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Maybe there is a bad connection on there motherboard? Try cleaning the connection with pure isopropyl alcohol?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like a motherboard replacement may be required.