Bottom microphone faulty?

Search This thread

Harrygsr

Mar 23, 2016
Dublin
Has anybody had any issues with the bottom microphone on their S10 plus not working?
If I'm on a call the person on the other end can hardly hear me. If I hold the phone upside down and speak into the top mic or put the call on loudspeaker they can hear me fine.
I sent the phone to a Samsung authorized repair centre and they said the microphone was faulty but they wouldn't cover the repair because knox was tripped and they wanted me to pay for a new motherboard.
Has anyone had any similar issues or any success with changing the microphone?
TIA.

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi
Has anybody had any issues with the bottom microphone on their S10 plus not working?
If I'm on a call the person on the other end can hardly hear me. If I hold the phone upside down and speak into the top mic or put the call on loudspeaker they can hear me fine.
I sent the phone to a Samsung authorized repair centre and they said the microphone was faulty but they wouldn't cover the repair because knox was tripped and they wanted me to pay for a new motherboard.
TIA.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, but his phone was under warranty and, indeed, his motherboard was replaced. After about a year it happened again and he sent it back for repair. My friend suspects it happened because of the strong electromagnetic fields at work ... Fortunately, everything was repaired for free under warranty.

Savio96

Oct 26, 2017
Honor 4C
Samsung Galaxy S10
TIA.

with knox tipped samsung wont repair it , also all this parts like charging port ,microphone etc are soldered onto the motherboard,replacing the motherboard is the only way i see it.

NowLearn

Sep 18, 2016
Did you try to replace mic? I have noticed my mic has a low volume only during phonecalls. When I record video it's normal.