• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bought a Watch4 on eBay...model R890X...has Retail Mode installed and can't do much?

Search This thread

Mirceaxo

Apr 19, 2019
You should go to the police ,report crime and return stolen watch. I do not know how it is in you country but in mine it is called : handling stolen goods ( or fencing ). Punished up to 2 years in prison.
I payd for that!

{Mod edit: Language in violation of rule no. 2 of the XDA Forum Rules removed! - Regards Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}

Last edited by a moderator:

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda

If you have bought the watch for a very cheap price, you could have known that something was wrong with it.
So the watch COULD be stolen, especially since it's a demo model and has special software on it.
And if you have bought it, that makes you an accomplice to a crime and you could face prison time when caught.

So stop asking this community for their help, they are not going to help you in criminal activities.
This is a respectable community and it wants to stay that way.

BTW, it is always funny to see that "new members" (read : member for 1 day) are coming to this community and directly asking for help in something they know is wrong in the first place....

Last edited by a moderator:

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
IMHO
Live Demo Unit aka LDU is part of XDA since many yearS...

I have few LDU like GT-I9300X...

Also Prototypes from BenQ Siemens... Siemens...

They have also Labels:
Not for Sale...

IMHO Samsung not only have LDU in Stores...
IMHO also as Gift for Developers...

IMHO their is more then 1 way to get LDU... without shooting someone or steal in Samsung Mega Store...

In case of Galaxy Watch 4 crap...

NO Firmware exists for Retail nor for LDU nor for RDU nor for Prototypes...

Congratulation...

Please stopp posting nonsense...

If you can NOT sleep. Inform Moderator to close thread... instead posting Räuberkanone...

My personal opinion. :poop:

Best Regards

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
IMHO
Live Demo Unit aka LDU is part of XDA since many yearS...

I have few LDU like GT-I9300X...

Also Prototypes from BenQ Siemens... Siemens...

They have also Labels:
Not for Sale...

IMHO Samsung not only have LDU in Stores...
IMHO also as Gift for Developers...

IMHO their is more then 1 way to get LDU... without shooting someone or steal in Samsung Mega Store...

In case of Galaxy Watch 4 crap...

NO Firmware exists for Retail nor for LDU nor for RDU nor for Prototypes...

Congratulation...

Please stopp posting nonsense...

If you can NOT sleep. Inform Moderator to close thread... instead posting Räuberkanone...

My personal opinion. :poop:

Best Regards
I'm a big fan of yours, adfree - I have followed you over the years and have always found you to be exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful - but I have to respectfully disagree with you here, for two main reasons:

1) While, based on your experience, it certainly appears possible that someone might be in legal possession of a Live Demo Unit - it is vastly more likely that this is not the case, based on statistical probability alone, and

2) If, in fact, LDUs are 'part of XDA' as you say - I would suggest that helping people make these units fully functional shouldn't be, for the reason stated above - and the devs who might be legally in possession of these units shouldn't be seeking that help either.

Posting here to discourage people from seeking help with what are most likely stolen goods is not 'nonsense' (if that's what you were referring to? Not clear...😕) - it's good practice, helps keep XDA reputable, and hopefully, discourages the purchase of stolen goods.

My personal opinion...😉

And truly, best regards - still a big fan! 👍😊

Last edited:
Reactions: pabgar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have bought the watch for a very cheap price, you could have known that something was wrong with it.
    So the watch COULD be stolen, especially since it's a demo model and has special software on it.
    And if you have bought it, that makes you an accomplice to a crime and you could face prison time when caught.

So stop asking this community for their help, they are not going to help you in criminal activities.
    This is a respectable community and it wants to stay that way.

BTW, it is always funny to see that "new members" (read : member for 1 day) are coming to this community and directly asking for help in something they know is wrong in the first place....
    Even thinking that the previous post is a bit rude, still I have to agree with the main message - you should ask for local police rather than the forum for help in your situation.
    Not rude - angry. He knew what he was buying (or he should have, for a nearly new watch in a second hand marketplace at an unusually low price) - that's why he doesn't go to the police. I have no sympathy for people who buy stolen goods, and it makes me angry when they come here asking for us to help them (this is not the first time I have seen this here).
    Live Demo Unit...
    Not for Sale...

SM-R890X

Latest LDU firmware for this is:
    R890XXXU1AUH2/R890XOXA1AUH2

No Stock Firmware leaked yet...

Only as info...

Best Regards
    'Paying for it' does not mean it's not stolen - and retail software on a not-for-sale version of the watch does. Also, you don't get to make demands here, and no one should help you make a stolen watch functional.
    It was not stolen.

I bought it from a secondhand deal app that deals with local people. I have no doubt that it is not stolen because the seller blocked me instantly.

I am simply looking for a solution to my problem. I think moral ethics can be set aside.
    Wouldn't the seller blocking you instantly indicate that it was stolen? And no, I don't think 'moral ethics' should be set aside so you can enjoy your dubiously procured watch - this is why stuff gets stolen, because some people set 'moral ethics' aside when they see what they think is a deal too good to pass up.

You took a chance; you lost. Suck it up.