bought stolen firestick 4K. now what

Seattleweather

Oct 30, 2016
bought a firstick 4K from CL 2 month ago. I had difficulty to pass the initial setup. Called Amazon and was told the firststick 4k was reported stolen. I gave the phone number where i bought to Amazon, they told me there is an account associate with that number, but the firestick was not purchased from that number. WTF? I got hold with the seller and he insisted that he bought the stick, and would send me the receipt. 3 days later, nothing from him. Called and texted, but nothing.

Here are my questions
(1). What if I report to police. Will they get involved?
(2). Anyway to by pass the initial setup?
(3). Can I root without initial setup? Can I setup after root?

Thanks and happy new year!

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
bought a firstick 4K from CL 2 month ago. I had difficulty to pass the initial setup. Called Amazon and was told the firststick 4k was reported stolen. I gave the phone number where i bought to Amazon, they told me there is an account associate with that number, but the firestick was not purchased from that number. WTF? I got hold with the seller and he insisted that he bought the stick, and would send me the receipt. 3 days later, nothing from him. Called and texted, but nothing.

Here are my questions

you can go with your 3rd question

And then there are threads here showing how to skip initial setup process

Reactions: Seattleweather

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK

Here are my questions

Its upto you whatever you would do mate.

Be careful in future when scanning the markets for device as its basically a these places are rife with hot goods , when something looks too good to be true. It usually is . True that 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattleweather

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
Please point me how I can skip initial setup process? I rooted one firestick 4K a while ago. For some reason I kind of remember need to sign in and turn on ADB before rooting.
This stolen firestick is a touchy subject on here mate . By asking for help you may be unwittingly leading other members into stormy waters with the mods/admin .

I think youll find what youre looking for on techkings forum (its an open forum) do a google search or search there m8
Example Using a blacklisted firestick