Question Bought two 256gb units - Got different cameras and sensors

Search This thread
So uhh, have you people that bought 256G versions successfully installed custom roms (the same as the ones for the 64 and 128 versions) ? Any additional difficulty ?
I read that the main problem was the touchscreen that was not working on custom roms depending on goodix or focaltech version. Is there a fix now ? Thanks

Last edited:

pnin

I read that the main problem was the touchscreen that was not working on custom roms depending on goodix or focaltech version. Is there a fix now ? Thanks

You're right. I have a 6/128GB sweet that came with Focaltech (fts_ts) touch and immediately lost touch upon installing official TWRP (unnoficial OrangeFox eventually solved it).

I had to wait many months until custom ROMs started supporting my touch -- most do nowadays, since official LOS does, too, but it doesn't hurt to check...

Last edited:

fobtob387

Jan 28, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
So uhh, have you people that bought 256G versions successfully installed custom roms (the same as the ones for the 64 and 128 versions) ? Any additional difficulty ?
Newer recoveries/kernels/ROMs support all touchscreens, also not every 256gb variant has the new display (mine has the original display).

Reactions: npeo
Newer recoveries/kernels/ROMs support all touchscreens, also not every 256gb variant has the new display (mine has the original display).
You're right. I have a 6/128GB sweet that came with Focaltech (fts_ts) touch and immediately lost touch upon installing official TWRP (unnoficial OrangeFox eventually solved it).

I had to wait many months until custom ROMs started supporting my touch -- most do nowadays, since official LOS does, too, but it doesn't hurt to check...
So I should be pretty safe with having custom roms working eventually. Thank you both for reassuring me !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks.

I bought two devices of the new 256/8 version - both with exact same firmware and model codes.
    After unpacking them and running HW Info on both, I realized that:
    - One came with s5khm2_i_samsung (f1.9)
    - The other came with s5khm2_ii_samsung f(1.89) - higher angle of view.

Also, I understood that the accelerometer/gyro are different in both devices.
    - The first device includes includes a lsm6dso (STMicro supplier) with a power of 0.24+0.55 mA
    - The second device includes icm42605 (TDK supplier) with a power of 0.24+0.57 mA.

The first device counts with 31 sensors and the second device counts with 32 (includes xiaomi free fall - apparently a disk damage prevention from falls, activated from the accelerometer)

The question is:
    1) how to fully understand how different are the photographic capabilities of the main lens among the two devices?
    2) can I expect relevantly higher power consumption from the TDK accelerometer/gyro?
    Extra point - even though the screen panels are the same (from Samsung - code 38), the first device has a bit of a more reddish tint, less contrast but higher brightness, while the second device looks a bit dimmer but reveals better contrast.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)
    Even for 274€ is a great purchase. At 239€ really seemed a steal for the specs. Aren't you using it already?

Dolby Atmos is working perfectly on this MIUI 13.0.15. It is a lovely addition, making the sound richer and louder on the speakers.
    And I can add that both speakers and 3.5mm jack sound louder than my Poco F2 Pro and X3 Pro.

It won't stay on MIUI much longer, as I applied for bootloader unlock straightaway. The 256gb version should not be a problem with custom ROMs. Will let you know if it is otherwise.

Enjoy your device :)
    Mine was shipped this morning, thanks for the Dolby info.

I was actually looking for something up to 500€, was really disappointed there's nothing special in that range (battery wise). Was considering 12 Lite, but I don't like new releases, you never know how good will the community support end.
    From what I know, there isn't a 256GB version of the Redmi Note 10 Pro at all.
    It's a new version, 8/256 Gb with product code MZB0DF9EU.
    I bought two units at Mediamarkt Spain for 239€ each. It can be seen in physical and online shops across Europe already - I've seen in Germany and Portugal too.
    The production date is 10.2022.
    The reason why Xiaomi stayed silent is perhaps the fact that this 256Gb would cannibalize the sales of the newer Redmi Note 11 Pro, which besides the inferior processor, only includes a maximum of 128 Gb and has a more expensive retail price.

Cheers, mate.
    Good to see you here as well. I see two boxes there. :) Did you also buy 2 units?
    I opened a poll under the General folder, so we can keep track of the sensor mix from now on -> Sensor Lottery Poll
    Yes, bought 2 in case if one dies, good to buy now before they disappear from stores. =)