[Bounty] Acer a100 USB Host/Mass Storage

Search This thread

FestivalOfRats

Feb 26, 2008
My pre-apologizes if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

I'm calling it. It's Bounty time. I want to hook up a large external usb drive to my a100, and after reading countless posts of it being a kernel level job, and things I admiralty know nothing about, I'm ready to pony up $20 for the cause. Anyone else? I'm most certainly tired of waiting, and I am sure money is a decent motivator.

Thanks.

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007

I'm calling it. It's Bounty time. I want to hook up a large external usb drive to my a100, and after reading countless posts of it being a kernel level job, and things I admiralty know nothing about, I'm ready to pony up $20 for the cause. Anyone else? I'm most certainly tired of waiting, and I am sure money is a decent motivator.

Thanks.
Why not just use the USB drive as a network drive and use ES File explorer to mount it?

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011

Thanks.
I build it in FLEX-A100-REAPER-RF1 (not yet released), but it is in testing stage and as I don't have a a100 I cannot test that feature. You can also always use drivemount.

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
We don't have kernel sources, and Russian support told me that they are not planning to release them. And without sources any money won't help to do USB Host... Also, in service manual on schemes you can see that USB Host is not available because of hardware problems...

Reactions: civato

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
We don't have kernel sources, and Russian support told me that they are not planning to release them. And without sources any money won't help to do USB Host... Also, in service manual on schemes you can see that USB Host is not available because of hardware problems...

That's exactly what I thought - that the hardware itself didn't support it

I thought that they had to legally release kernel sources as the Linux Kernel is under the GPL license? I'll do more research and hound them down for sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.