• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bounty for a fully functional Exynos GCAM port

Search This thread
I am willing to donate 100USD and crowdfund another 900USD (I'm willing to inject another 400USD to help the crowdfund hit it's target) for any dev that can make a fully functional port of the gcam (with nightsight, portrait mode and a fully functional selfiecam) for the exynos version of the S10+. Spread the word, this is legit
Just buy a dslr if you're willing to spend that much for an apk port

iamkani

Jul 23, 2013
Negombo, Sri Lanka
I have no Idea to whom or where you can donet. But i confirm with my S10+ i got the most of options fully working with me. Im on Stock rooted S10 plus. And latest GCAM is working. But didn't try the video section. But photo section with Back camera and front working well. But need to say night sight also working but not for Milkyway pictures or sky pictures. 👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am willing to donate 100USD and crowdfund another 900USD (I'm willing to inject another 400USD to help the crowdfund hit it's target) for any dev that can make a fully functional port of the gcam (with nightsight, portrait mode and a fully functional selfiecam) for the exynos version of the S10+. Spread the word, this is legit
    Why? You are not missing anything with GCAM. I tried it with the Snapdragon and think it sucks compared to the stock app. Besides night mode is coming according to this post.

Stock app will always be better since it's tailored for this hardware and it's the only guaranteed software to be kept updated, plus as Misterxtc mentioned, the dedicated night camera and much more is coming soon.

Bounty for what? A third-party hackware all because you're illuded enough to still believe the gcam propaganda? This is not some cheap Xiaomi sharing the same sensor as the Pixels, our sensor is theoretically superior and the only one that can improve its processing is Samsung itself.

Spare yourself the extra money, return your S10+, buy a cheap middlerange Chinese phone and a dedicated DLSR with the same money if you are so worried about insignificant picture detail that you all are going to ruin by sharing content with compressing social media apps.
    Let's stay on track here, everyone. No flaming will be permitted. Offending posts will be deleted.
    You were already warned by a mod previously to keep it civil, and it just went downhill from there.

I suggest all of you take a deep breath and realize this looks like a group of 12 year olds fighting about who's smarter.

Some of the past few posts had nothing to do with Gcam and more to do with belittling each other. If you want to have an argument about stock vs Gcam, that's perfectly acceptable, as long as it's calm. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and there's no reason for name calling just because of someone's personal preference being different than yours.

Thread has been cleaned, let's keep it that way.
    Anandtech disabled HDR on the Exynos, they also always pick the lowest scores when comparing benchmarks, the reviews is completely and ridiculously biased towards Qualcomm.
    I should keep it classy but I must say they're full of shjt and their authors are incompetent and arrogant.

My HDR pictures are perfect and I'm sure about that, I'm not sure about Anandtech's reasoning behind their shady behaviour but it most likely involves money, if anything that will force Samsung to improve Exynos even more and purge that site of edgy geeks wannabe.

Haha I love this theory. So you're claiming they're biased towards qualcomm even though they definitely praise a lot of the other aspects of the Exynos in the review, how it has a solidly better battery life when compared to 855, and how the A55 cores on the Exynos are way better. Where do you get the "disabled HDR" idea, they put both on Auto and took the photos, they even discuss the actual HDR processing.

On the wide angle, the Exynos does a horrible result in the HDR processing. In the histrogram the top 15% of levels are nearly non-existing and this is why the image seems to flat, especially a lot of the greens are compressed far too much resulting in unnatural and flat textures on leaves and on the moss. We can also add this shot to the list of wide-angle results where the Snapdragon’s optics seem much better.
    The Mate 20 Pro is a contender for detail in this shot, but loses out in colours and dynamic range to the S10.

Hmmm based on that last sentence now you'll claim they're Huawei Kirin shills. Lol way to "keep it classy" with your conspiracy theories mate.

The fact is 99% of the reviews do not mention the fact that the Exynos camera app doesn't take full advantage of the processing like the Qualcomm model, and there is a clear difference that must be addressed by Samsung. It's a damn shame because the 9820 is a really capable beast and deserves the same amount of finesse and perfection that is present in the 855 software.