• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BOUNTY] $$$ for CyanogenMod on the Samsung Galaxy S2

Search This thread

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
NOTE: donations will be deposited directly to the DEV that comes up with a proven working ROM
[OP] will keep the To Be Donator list updated frequently as people pledges their donation.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the best and maybe the most powerfull phone at the moment. It will surely be a very popular phone. We really need to get the most popular Custom ROM, CyanogenMod on the device.

This is a bounty thread for developers who are able to provide a stable CM7+ CyanogenMod ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm gonna start with $20

Please write the amount you are willing to donate in this thread.

Bounty: $3394

Go here for a list of all donators.

There are Nightly Builds available for the SG2 now.

Last edited:

psb07158

May 11, 2009
Glasgow
Im in UK, but ill donate the equivalent of $30.

I hate TouchWiz too. CM would be awesome...if not CM then just any stock Android ROM.

Stitch!

Sep 14, 2010
Utrecht
FYI, you can just get a different launcher instead of touchwiz, but CM7 doesnt have the hardware acceleration that samsung has in several apps (including the browser) Trust me, browsing will never be as fast with CM as it is with samsungs tweaks. With the SGS1 there was a lot to tweak, but samsung learnt from its mistakes. (see ext4 by default, no bootlock, flash, better gps, etc)

I will put down another 10 only if it will be custom cm made for the sgs2, incorporating all the current hardware accelerations. (which will be unlikely since CM uses android source and not samsung source)

Just look at the difference in quality between custom 2.3.3 roms based on official firmware and cm7.1 for SGS1..

Edit: Please note in OP that my donation requires samsungs tweaks in browser acceleration etc and audio/video codex. (this is not the case for the SGS1, my reason not to use cm7/miui) (nice everyone is updating their post with these requirements, im not the only one!)

Last edited:
Reactions: zeuswsu

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
I put down your offer, because we all want the full experience with hardware acceleration, if possible.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
ok, who is going to be the main lead in this operation, and what are your plans to handle the donations?

and who / where is the donation going to

we need all that answered before we can approve this [BOUNTY] otherwise this is going to be locked down real soon

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
ok, who is going to be the main lead in this operation, and what are your plans to handle the donations?

and who / where is the donation going to

we need all that answered before we can approve this [BOUNTY] otherwise this is going to be locked down real soon

Well, I wanted to know here how to get CM support for the Samsung Galaxy S2, someone suggested that I should open a Bounty Thread.

If we got a large enough amount together and a dev is interested in programing CM for the S2 then we would donate the money via paypal. I would write to every participant in this thread and check with the dev if he received the money. Would that be ok with you?

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Well, I wanted to know here how to get CM support for the Samsung Galaxy S2, someone suggested that I should open a Bounty Thread.

If we got a large enough amount together and a dev is interested in programing CM for the S2 then we would donate the money via paypal. I would write to every participant in this thread and check with the dev if he received the money. Would that be ok with you?

I would suggest from past bounties that the best way to do this would be to keep this going "as is" and wait until a developer has produced such a ROM, and then users can choose to donate to them via their donate link. The OP can be edited to reflect this and point them to the person who got it running on the device.

Since it's not done yet though, no money should be getting paid around (for your own protection since it might not happen), and there will obviously be no specific recipient at this point until the task is achieved...

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
Well, that's ok with me. So we'll keep collecting donators until a dev comes up with a ROM. :)

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
FYI, you can just get a different launcher instead of touchwiz, but CM7 doesnt have the hardware acceleration that samsung has in several apps (including the browser) Trust me, browsing will never be as fast with CM as it is with samsungs tweaks. With the SGS1 there was a lot to tweak, but samsung learnt from its mistakes. (see ext4 by default, no bootlock, flash, better gps, etc)

I will put down another 10 only if it will be custom cm made for the sgs2, incorporating all the current hardware accelerations. (which will be unlikely since CM uses android source and not samsung source)

Just look at the difference in quality between custom 2.3.3 roms based on official firmware and cm7.1 for SGS1..

May the fourth be with you all

it's pretty obvious that samsung DOES have the browser hardware accelerated. i know the original galaxy s got updated by samsung to do the same hardware graphics update. but how do we know for sure, is there any official info on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: donations will be deposited directly to the DEV that comes up with a proven working ROM
    [OP] will keep the To Be Donator list updated frequently as people pledges their donation.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the best and maybe the most powerfull phone at the moment. It will surely be a very popular phone. We really need to get the most popular Custom ROM, CyanogenMod on the device.

This is a bounty thread for developers who are able to provide a stable CM7+ CyanogenMod ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm gonna start with $20

Please write the amount you are willing to donate in this thread.

Bounty: $3394

Go here for a list of all donators.

There are Nightly Builds available for the SG2 now.
    Just thought I'd share with everyone.

From Atinm's twitter:
    http://twitter.com/#!/atinm
    Finally downloaded the code for the #SGS2 so people can officially start dreaming about a #CyanogenMod SGS2 phone now. :)

In case people don't know, Atinm is one of the CM7 Devs for the Galaxy S line.
    Put me in for $50
    This is how much i hate touchwiz :)
    CyanogenMod for galaxy SII will release when galaxy .. SIII release by samsung!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Actually, it'll get released as soon as you start contributing to the development by writing some code. We're obviously waiting for your skills - we're not quite smart enough to do it ourselves.
    If our team really gets some sgs2's, we'll do it. ;-)
    fedex says, it's in transfer.