[BOUNTY] HBOOT 1.50 Revolutionary S-Off $815 11/21

Search This thread

focbuster78

Dec 5, 2008
Boston
It is about time that we made a "reward" of sorts for the Revolutionary devs.
I would be more then willing to give $25 for the unlock.
Is anyone else on board? :)
I would prefer not to be in charge of the money. But if someone credited would want to manage this. i.e. a well known, respected and trusted dev would be preferred.

Money talks!

Hey look guys we made the news!! :cool:
You can view the thread that gave me the idea here.

Bounty list $815.00 [As of 11/21/11]

Focbuster78 - $25
toolz - $15
bdigitalstudio - $10
Threevo - $50
m3Jorge - $50 (if delivered before 2/28/2012)

QueNerdo - $10 (before ICS) Receipt Number: 2046-3701-3975-1670
nate420 - $25
Rob The plumber - $50
Janker5050 - $50

aimbdd - $10
Nitemar3 - $15
xadidas4lifex - $15 (before ICS)
cjackxiii - $25
yousefak - $20
boost happy - $30 (before feb 2012)
subaochen - $20
aypanthony - $20
xPSYCHOTRONx - $15
mildlydisturbed - $10 (as long as it works on 1.50/S-ON bootloader unlocked via HTCdev method)
kyleg517 - $10
Ronn Plae - $25 (before ICS)
stoneworrior - $20
wilderckw - $5
chrisuan - $20
gotojanoo - $15
sacredabyss - AU$25 (unlock & S-off hboot .000012 (GSM))
kc_exactly - $15 (before ICS) He also promised a one OZ silver bullion( worth about $50)
USSENTERNCC1701E - $25
Smoothrob - $20
johnsonjs - $20
stanglifemike - $30
Lanaka - $20
CyborgBourne - $25
evod3 - $25

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Doesn't belong here. Belongs in general section. It'll get more views there anyway.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
Should extend to all other H-Boots as well namely 1.49.0011, 1.49.0012

USD10 from me (for H-Boot 1.49.0011) if I still own this device.. :) am staring at you Droid Razr... and glimpsing at you Galaxy Note...

D

Deleted member 4244585

I'll throw in $10. (as long as it comes out before ICS lol)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From what unknown said on the previous page, the other people involved feel that because he got it to work for the evo 3d, though be it, using tools they made, the other people felt that unknown deserved the bounty.

Well, that, and I'm personally donating to them for the use of their tools and help. So don't think I'm taking all the cake here, some of the donations I get are going to them anyways. I believe in the open community, everyone shares with everyone. The "Classic" XDA.

But again, I don't want people to feel obligated at all. While I feel people should honor and stand by their word, that's up to them, I'm not judging anyone at all. A donation should be a donation, not something expected in return for something in an open community. I don't like the idea of bounty's. I didn't do this for money, I did it for my 1.40.1100 S-OFF device, and then since I was able to accomplish it, why not share it for the community.

If I was in it for money, I would have just opened up an online shop and started charging people to send me their device and do it all myself. But that's silly, Classic XDA wins, always.
    here's my take:

if you promised a donation and don't you're an ass. donate to somebody in that thread by unknownforce listed in his credits, or charity, or xda as a whole, and put up your receipt/confirmation number, otherwise you're a liar and should go away forever.
    OK, so the whole "bounty" thing needs to be addressed, cause there's still some controversy here. (I will be posting this in both the downgrade thread and the bounty thread)

First thing... I started this whole shebang simply self motivated, I refused to use HTC Unlock and I wanted root... so I manned up, focused on the light at the end of the tunnel and we're here now.

With that said... I'm not going to "demand" a collection on this "bounty"... you guys chose to sign up for it of your own free will, you have the choice to do what you want whether you choose to honor that agreement or not, I don't really care as I have a far greater prize in my hands that says 1.40.1100 S-OFF.

Secondly, there have been comments made that it should go to other individuals as well, I have spoke with these people directly, via PM's. And they have all came back with the same thing, in basic terms... it was I that found the method for OUR device. They are not looking to collect on this, but obviously if you feel like donating to them anyways, more power to you. I PERSONALLY will be sending THEM donations for giving me the tools that I needed to accomplish this task.

So I say again, I am NOT going to hound people for this bounty that was created, nor am I going to list out those that have and haven't donated, I feel that's tasteless, and accomplishes nothing.

I will, though, take this time to thank each and every person who HAS donated and/or will be donating, as this was a painfully long process to get accomplished, and these beers are gonna be great :)
    It is about time that we made a "reward" of sorts for the Revolutionary devs.
    I would be more then willing to give $25 for the unlock.
    Is anyone else on board? :)
    I would prefer not to be in charge of the money. But if someone credited would want to manage this. i.e. a well known, respected and trusted dev would be preferred.

Money talks!

Hey look guys we made the news!! :cool:
    You can view the thread that gave me the idea here.

Bounty list $815.00 [As of 11/21/11]

Focbuster78 - $25
    toolz - $15
    bdigitalstudio - $10
    Threevo - $50
    m3Jorge - $50 (if delivered before 2/28/2012)

QueNerdo - $10 (before ICS) Receipt Number: 2046-3701-3975-1670
    nate420 - $25
    Rob The plumber - $50
    Janker5050 - $50

aimbdd - $10
    Nitemar3 - $15
    xadidas4lifex - $15 (before ICS)
    cjackxiii - $25
    yousefak - $20
    boost happy - $30 (before feb 2012)
    subaochen - $20
    aypanthony - $20
    xPSYCHOTRONx - $15
    mildlydisturbed - $10 (as long as it works on 1.50/S-ON bootloader unlocked via HTCdev method)
    kyleg517 - $10
    Ronn Plae - $25 (before ICS)
    stoneworrior - $20
    wilderckw - $5
    chrisuan - $20
    gotojanoo - $15
    sacredabyss - AU$25 (unlock & S-off hboot .000012 (GSM))
    kc_exactly - $15 (before ICS) He also promised a one OZ silver bullion( worth about $50)
    USSENTERNCC1701E - $25
    Smoothrob - $20
    johnsonjs - $20
    stanglifemike - $30
    Lanaka - $20
    CyborgBourne - $25
    evod3 - $25
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but I was able to get temp root with hboot 1.50.

HTC however found a way to really make writing new data to the phones partitions difficult. It can be done, after many trial and errors I was able to get some data pushed to a partition and not have it get overwritten on next boot... However now the phone is slightly bricked (can still access bootloader and fastboot). I am working to see if I can downgrade the hboot to 1.40 and run revolutionary's perm root. Not 100% sure how, but doing research.