[BOUNTY!] Kernel for H990DS (Stock Oreo)

Search This thread

reza_xdv

Jan 1, 2017
As you all V20 owners know, there's only one kernel available for Rooted Stock Oreo ROM and it is MK2000. However it's a good kernel and its developer has put a great effort on it but unfortunately it doesn't function properly on H990DS variant. Some problems like intensive lags and battery draining are two major examples.
If you remember we had a good DOTS kernel in nougat. If someone could fork it for Oreo it would be great as well.

Anyways, here's what we need:

[*]Stock kernel based on H990ds Oreo sources (20a or 20b)

[*]Dirty Santa fixes applied (You can read about this in H990* root thread under TECHNICAL DISCUSSION section)

[*]RCTD, Triton and whatever related removed

[*]"ForceEncryption" and "dm(avb)verity" removed

[*]KCAL, EXFAT and USB Quick Charge support

[*]More CPU governors (We will talk about this in the group)

[*]Overclocked

[*]Make the project Open Source

If you think you can do something, PM me! I'll send you additional information required.
Also I'll give you a link for a Telegram group where you can share what you have and it can be tested out.
Anyone interested in testing potential builds, also contact me for the Telegram link.

The current list of supporters:

----------------------------------------------------
Total: $170

Due to some problems I can't manage this thread soon enough, so please contact @Daved+ for more information.
He will also collect the bounties and release the kernel when ready. Stay tuned!!! ;)

Last update: 2020-3-26 /// 16:16 (GMT +3:30)

Last edited:

reza_xdv

Jan 1, 2017
After the H990DS variant, we can ask for the other variants if people support it!

So we are looking for money to pay a dev to make a good H990DS kernel (And after that for more models). This is important! Thanks for your collaboration.

Reactions: yulbax

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5

We want the kernel to populate custom NTCODE (Being able to change ntcode for region changes)

Hey there

What exactly does this mean? Aren't you able to change the NT-code as it is?
I've actually been wanting to change the region of one of my G5's, but simply changing the code did not do the trick.
I used the hidden menu method btw, where you can also change mac address IIRC.
I also fiddled with the two partitions; cust and OP. Doesn't seem to be it either. Probably something needed to be edited in misc partition or something as well.

And BTW, I'm not offering to make this new stock kernel. Though I did just now re-upload the v2.2 kernel, here:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297449
With some fixes and stuff. Not saying it's gonna fix 990ds problems, but at least it's out there for V20 users to be aware.

reza_xdv

Jan 1, 2017
Hey there

I've actually been wanting to change the region of one of my G5's, but simply changing the code did not do the trick.
I also fiddled with the two partitions; cust and OP. Doesn't seem to be it either. Probably something needed to be edited in misc partition or something as well.

And BTW, I'm not offering to make this new stock kernel. Though I did just now re-upload the v2.2 kernel, here:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297449
With some fixes and stuff. Not saying it's gonna fix 990ds problems, but at least it's out there for V20 users to be aware.

Hey,
the AutoMID option in h990ds hidden menu doesn't allow to modify anything. OP partition in v20 is a complete waste of space and full of junk stuff. We have edited the ntcode in misc by hex editor and have addressed the custom ntcode in cust to use the desired path, but the phone reads the ntcode from the modem as we can still see the factory ntcode in the hidden menu (SVC, Version Info). If we populate the custom ntcode at the kernel level (smem) maybe we can overcome this obstacle. Read this post: https://xdaforums.com/v20/how-to/bounty-thread-lg-v20-root-h990ds-t3493062/post72323004

And thanks for the Re-uploaded kernel. It's more stable than the previous stable 2.2 build.
Personally I was using 2.2 beta 26 as it was working better than other builds, but I can confirm that the new re-uploaded build is slightly better than beta 26. Benchmarks: Antutu -> 2.2 beta 26 (156K) --- 2.2 Stable Re-uploaded (161K)

We would greatly appreciate if you could help us to fix some issues regarding the development of the stock kernel as you know how to deal with the dirty santa stuff. (We've found out that it's causing more issues than expected) If you're willing to guide us and tell us the steps I can send you the Telegram kernel development group link.

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
A noob question - to update the kernel, I just need to flash it followed by magisk, right?

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Question- how much do we need to raise to make this happen?
Additionally, can we specify that this not be specific to a single variant? You might get more donors.
(btw there's already enough bounty to send a dev a used unit to experiment with too! LOL)

reza_xdv

Jan 1, 2017
Question- how much do we need to raise to make this happen?
Additionally, can we specify that this not be specific to a single variant? You might get more donors.
(btw there's already enough bounty to send a dev a used unit to experiment with too! LOL)

We need to get something working first, then we will open the game to the other variants but we need help raising money to get this done, so if you care about a new kernel for your v20 please help us with the money now.
We have about $130 now. But it isn't enough for an expert dev to make this happen.
Currently we are dealing with touchscreen issue. LG sources are trash and a real dev knows how to deal with them.

reza_xdv

Jan 1, 2017
Curious is anyone on a h990 has tried alpha kernel from my rom project. If you have let me know what was working and what wasnt.

Also why not mk2k kernel ? The dev has done a lot of work for this device.

No we haven't tried that kernel. Kindly send me the boot image so I can test it.
About the mk kernel. It's the only kernel available for us, but we have some problems with it like general lagging, apps getting killed and memory problems. And these problems are more severe for h990ds variant.
I the end, if you can help us with kernel development (building or just helping to fix few issues), I can send you the group link.

UPDATE:
I flashed the h910 stock kernel inside the AO rom.
It has static screen issue. However I fixed it by covering the proximity sensor for some seconds. (However this trick won't work on h990ds kernels.)
Sims do not being read.
The UI was smoother comparing to MK kernel but it started lagging after a few minutes.
I can tell stuff were crashing in the background.

Last edited:

imlb

Feb 27, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am ready to become beta tester for this kernel. I have this device with root and its H990DS India version. I know bit about android and give you crash reports. Please post me link of telegram. I have already replaced its thermal paste to make it cooler and this mod really worked as now device lot better than earlier hot pot condition. Even with mk2000 kernel (great respect for developer) its standby battery sucks. I have Lenovo Z2 plus which also does have same Qc 820 and poor software but due to developer efforts now it is smooth as butter. Hope this kernel solves most of the problems and I am ready to dive into depths of kernel development to save this last of its kind removable battery super phone. Kudos to all developers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you all V20 owners know, there's only one kernel available for Rooted Stock Oreo ROM and it is MK2000. However it's a good kernel and its developer has put a great effort on it but unfortunately it doesn't function properly on H990DS variant. Some problems like intensive lags and battery draining are two major examples.
    If you remember we had a good DOTS kernel in nougat. If someone could fork it for Oreo it would be great as well.

Anyways, here's what we need:

[*]Stock kernel based on H990ds Oreo sources (20a or 20b)

[*]Dirty Santa fixes applied (You can read about this in H990* root thread under TECHNICAL DISCUSSION section)

[*]RCTD, Triton and whatever related removed

[*]"ForceEncryption" and "dm(avb)verity" removed

[*]KCAL, EXFAT and USB Quick Charge support

[*]More CPU governors (We will talk about this in the group)

[*]Overclocked

[*]Make the project Open Source

If you think you can do something, PM me! I'll send you additional information required.
    Also I'll give you a link for a Telegram group where you can share what you have and it can be tested out.
    Anyone interested in testing potential builds, also contact me for the Telegram link.

The current list of supporters:

Total: $170

Due to some problems I can't manage this thread soon enough, so please contact @Daved+ for more information.
    He will also collect the bounties and release the kernel when ready. Stay tuned!!! ;)

Last update: 2020-3-26 /// 16:16 (GMT +3:30)

We want the kernel to populate custom NTCODE (Being able to change ntcode for region changes)

Hey there

After a long wait it's the time for the good news!!!
    Thanks to lybxlpsv we are going to have an H990DS stock kernel for Oreo soon which has great speed and tweaks, please have your wallets ready to send donations to him as he needs to buy a new V20 and if you're not an H990DS user please do it as well so that he will build it for the other variants. V20 is becoming stronger!!!

Good work creating the thread.

Hope more people jump in
    how do I financially support?