[BOUNTY] Looking to totally take over HD8 2020 or HD8 2022

Search This thread

rhandel

Jul 10, 2010
Here is a [BOUNTY] you will not want to miss out on. First complete set of instructions on how to totally jailbreak the HD8 2020 or HD8 2022 gets a cool $1000 cash once the instructions are completely verified. And another sum of equal or greater value upon full testing.

Here are the details:

The device should have no remnants of the old OS visible to the user. The interface should look as close to stock Android as possible. Setup menu, some file manager application, and a few other applications should be available if necessary. There should be no ability to side load other apps.

I am looking to push one app onto the device, which is being developed. That application is a specialized audio player taking advantage of the very decent audio properties of the HD8 2020 or 2022. The app will take a LOT of the processing power so all radios will be turned off and fixed to be non-functional. USB will work and stay in debug mode for updates and additional data xfers. Graphics will be used at a minimum. Much of the compute power of the device will be tasked with calculations and playing audio. Some of which will be calculated on the fly. Please reply if you have any further questions.

There may be other paid design/programming activities associated with this project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknishun

rhandel

Jul 10, 2010
I hope this is a joke.
What part is unclear? This is not a joke.

The purpose of this request is to limit the functionality of the tablet for safety of the individual using my product. Taxing the processor to do other things will take away from all of the work the processor must do maintaining the functionality of the device plugged into the USB C port that I am designing. It is not yet clear that the device needs to be rooted. At least the GUI menu needs to be closer to Android stock. I really presume that current work is fairly close to what I will need except for the following: Turn off radios permanently, replace the menus with something better than currently offered, and prevent loading other software.

Current setup that I have makes some noise, (popping) on the audio output that is not so good.

Last edited:

Rortiz2

What part is unclear? This is not a joke.

The purpose of this request is to limit the functionality of the tablet for safety of the individual using my product. Taxing the processor to do other things will take away from all of the work the processor must do maintaining the functionality of the device plugged into the USB C port that I am designing. It is not yet clear that the device needs to be rooted. At least the GUI menu needs to be closer to Android stock. I really presume that current work is fairly close to what I will need except for the following: Turn off radios permanently, replace the menus with something better than currently offered, and prevent loading other software.

Current setup that I have makes some noise, (popping) on the audio output that is not so good.
I'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble of illusion but I'm afraid that if all you want to do requires root, you can start by buying another device (and make sure it's not from Amazon).

Your idea sounds cool, stock Android and forget about FireOS, the usual dream of Amazon Fire users. However, this is not possible in recent generations since Amazon made sure to close all the backdoors that helped us unlock older generation tablets. This includes patching the LK vulnerability (amonet), disabling bootrom mode (with efuses), always updating security patches (Amazon has always been a stickler for this), and among other very extreme security measures.

In short, the devices you are talking about are not unlockable and I really doubt that in the future they will be. My personal recommendation; try to find one of the early Amazon Fire HD10 2019s, which can be temporarily unlocked and have several ROMs based on AOSP (LineageOS, ArrowOS).​

rhandel

Jul 10, 2010
Thank you for the impassioned recommendations. I get that, and now have a better appreciation of the task.

Do you have any recommendations for newer hardware that can fill the bill? This project requires octicore hardware or better because of the need for speed/performance of newer processors to do the heavy lifting. I have had several other Android devices (off brand Chinese attempts at hardware), that are too under powered for the purpose and have too many bugs to be considered.

Here are the basics: I am looking to push one app onto the device, which is being developed. That application is a specialized audio player taking advantage of the very decent audio properties the device. The app will take a LOT of the processing power so all radios will be turned off and fixed to be non-functional. USB will work and stay in debug mode for updates and additional data xfers. Graphics will be used at a minimum. Much of the compute power of the device will be tasked with calculations and playing audio. Some of which will be calculated on the fly.

All of this can be done on an RPi 4 but I am looking to shave costs off of the device. I don't NEED android. It's a means to an end. Development costs are not the issue but ongoing costs adding to product cost are.

Last edited:

MarvinGS

Dec 21, 2022
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Your idea sounds cool, stock Android and forget about FireOS, the usual dream of Amazon Fire users. However, this is not possible in recent generations since Amazon made sure to close all the backdoors that helped us unlock older generation tablets. This includes patching the LK vulnerability (amonet), disabling bootrom mode (with efuses), always updating security patches (Amazon has always been a stickler for this), and among other very extreme security measures.

In short, the devices you are talking about are not unlockable and I really doubt that in the future they will be. My personal recommendation; try to find one of the early Amazon Fire HD10 2019s, which can be temporarily unlocked and have several ROMs based on AOSP (LineageOS, ArrowOS).​

Can we put this information somewhere easy to find for people (like me) searching for ways to "free" the newer generations? I have spent quite some time to find information about rooting possibilities for the 12th generation of Fire 8 HD and not been able to find it. But here, in a Thread certainly not meant fo me, i found them ;)

rhandel

Jul 10, 2010
Can we put this information somewhere easy to find for people (like me) searching for ways to "free" the newer generations? I have spent quite some time to find information about rooting possibilities for the 12th generation of Fire 8 HD and not been able to find it. But here, in a Thread certainly not meant fo me, i found them ;)
MarvinGS,

The bottom line is that the prospects are fewer and fewer because of the tightening down of the Android system. And the very custom hardware used in many new devices. It is NOT as trivial as it used to be. And intentionally so. Amazon has a vested interest in keeping things from people like you and I.

I am looking for cheap hardware to make a larger project and will probably go with dedicated hardware to get the features that I need. I was merely looking for the video and some light computing to be done by Android. The devices still don't have enough power to do what I need them to do.

RAH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a [BOUNTY] you will not want to miss out on. First complete set of instructions on how to totally jailbreak the HD8 2020 or HD8 2022 gets a cool $1000 cash once the instructions are completely verified. And another sum of equal or greater value upon full testing.

Here are the details:

The device should have no remnants of the old OS visible to the user. The interface should look as close to stock Android as possible. Setup menu, some file manager application, and a few other applications should be available if necessary. There should be no ability to side load other apps.

I am looking to push one app onto the device, which is being developed. That application is a specialized audio player taking advantage of the very decent audio properties of the HD8 2020 or 2022. The app will take a LOT of the processing power so all radios will be turned off and fixed to be non-functional. USB will work and stay in debug mode for updates and additional data xfers. Graphics will be used at a minimum. Much of the compute power of the device will be tasked with calculations and playing audio. Some of which will be calculated on the fly. Please reply if you have any further questions.

There may be other paid design/programming activities associated with this project.