[BOUNTY] MSM with Global firmware for 5G McLaren (hotdogg)

• Thread starter Deleted member 807276
  • Start date
Search This thread

tserv95

Mar 1, 2015
I'm going to keep trying, but all they say is send it in to the shop which takes 7-10 business days.

Good news, I got them doing a remote support session I just told them my phone was stuck on boot logo ;) I will obtain the MSM and link soon for all the xda people.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Should be within 24-48 hours according to Oneplus's support team.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

I just attempted to get onto a chat and request a repair for my bricked device. The OnePlus guy told me they did not have a MSM tool for the TMobile version, unless they were lying. It was worth a shot.

It seems like some of their Tier 1 chat people may not know what they are talking about as they have a seperate support team contact you for remote recovery sessions. I was able to successfully get one booked for within 24-48 hours and should be able to obtain the MSM and firmware plus the RAR password. I'll make sure to update and/or/ make a post on the forums with my findings.

Reactions: Yuhfhrh

thepotatoman1

Jan 26, 2015
Good news, I got them doing a remote support session I just told them my phone was stuck on boot logo ;) I will obtain the MSM and link soon for all the xda people.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Should be within 24-48 hours according to Oneplus's support team.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

It seems like some of their Tier 1 chat people may not know what they are talking about as they have a seperate support team contact you for remote recovery sessions. I was able to successfully get one booked for within 24-48 hours and should be able to obtain the MSM and firmware plus the RAR password. I'll make sure to update and/or/ make a post on the forums with my findings.

That'd be awesome! Hopefully it works with the TMobile version too. If you could find out during the session if there is a different one for the TMobile version that'd be cool.

NEMES|S

May 12, 2017
I forgot to mention and realize I'm on the global post. This is actually for the T-Mobile variant. My bad lol.

You do know you have to make sure you have a keylogger right? Something, like StupidKeylogger or similar. You will also need to cut connection as soon as all files are in and he/she logs in or use ALL the required passwords. Basically stop connection right before flashing starts. (at that point you should already have all files & passwords) Then make a quick copy of everything... Then reconnect and let the person finish... (with keylogger working in the background at ALL time)

Last edited:

tserv95

Mar 1, 2015
You do know you have to make sure you have a keylogger right? Something, like StupidKeylogger or similar. You will also need to cut connection as soon as all files are in and he/she logs in or use ALL the required passwords. Basically stop connection right before flashing starts. (at that point you should already have all files & passwords) Then make a quick copy of everything... Then reconnect and let the person finish... (with keylogger working in the background at ALL time.

I'll make sure to do that! This is after all for the better for everyone on here. We deserve to have a way to recover our own devices.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I'm gonna back it up to Google drive ;) then copy and paste the keylogger results into a text document I got you guys !

NEMES|S

May 12, 2017
I'll make sure to do that! This is after all for the better for everyone on here. We deserve to have a way to recover our own devices.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I'm gonna back it up to Google drive ;) then copy and paste the keylogger results into a text document I got you guys !

You can cut connection by quickly unplugging Router/AP. That will make it less suspicious than you using the mouse and manually disconnecting or something.

thepotatoman1

Jan 26, 2015

I'd probably rezip it without the password. Don't want to be connected to it in case they have different passwords per instance.

luky2122

Dec 30, 2019
Good luck. As you lead the way.
giphy.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hey, if I may give you an advice, you should better not post publicly the link and the password (even if i'm personally interested by them, see my previous threads to understand why) as this stuff is extremely hard to get for carrier editions of OnePlus devices but rather rezip it as someone else suggested a few posts before mine. Otherwise OnePlus might change things for both carrier editions and unlocked ones ...

tserv95

Mar 1, 2015
Hey, if I may give you an advice, you should better not post publicly the link and the password (even if i'm personally interested by them, see my previous threads to understand why) as this stuff is extremely hard to get for carrier editions of OnePlus devices but rather rezip it as someone else suggested a few posts before mine. Otherwise OnePlus might change things for both carrier editions and unlocked ones ...

Oh absolutely! I'm going to obtain the image extracted without a password and the tool to flash then I believe is what we'd need. This should get development going for the devs.

tserv95

Mar 1, 2015
bad news, after waiting for days for a response from Oneplus, I decided to phone them. They state that after speaking to the remote support team, they cannot even help us. As they apparently don't have the images for the T-Mobile firmware either/ firmware for the Mclaren edition. This is a big bummer as until they (if they for that matter) release the firmware on support site we have no way of really recovering a bricked device and any firmware flashing is gonna be very dangerous to attempt. So yeah.. really regretting buying a T-Mobile variant Oneplus phone atm.

bad news, after waiting for days for a response from Oneplus, I decided to phone them. They state that after speaking to the remote support team, they cannot even help us. As they apparently don't have the images for the T-Mobile firmware either/ firmware for the Mclaren edition. This is a big bummer as until they (if they for that matter) release the firmware on support site we have no way of really recovering a bricked device and any firmware flashing is gonna be very dangerous to attempt. So yeah.. really regretting buying a T-Mobile variant Oneplus phone atm.

They're saying nonsense, they have them at least internally to flash bulk devices.

Reactions: Yuhfhrh
D

Deleted member 807276

I swear I'm so close to putting the two of them on a bridged phone call. Also yeah, I was wrong, global is useless for the tmo. I would almost call it a hardware variant rather than some carrier UI nonsense. Bounty is still out though, it's useful and someone made a tmo one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevaryn

Jun 23, 2011
Washington
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wondering the same thing, the last message I saw on Telegram was "what is happening to the channel" and then gone!
That was me asking cause it got all weird. some texts started disappearing and then it kind of all just disappeared and then it showed people going in and out of the room and then poof gone

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

The development thread is also locked

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That was me asking cause it got all weird. some texts started disappearing and then it kind of all just disappeared and then it showed people going in and out of the room and then poof gone

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

The development thread is also locked

This has me concerned. I had thought I just didn't add the group or something in telegram. Very sad to see both the telegram group, and now the thread locked. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have very bad news for you T-Mobile customers that have a OnePlus Device.. and yes I am one too..

OnePlus Rather youbuy direct from them, then from Carrier, OnePlus has Crippled the carrier edition of all their OnePlus Devices starting with the 7 Series.....
    They have a MSMDownload Tool, that is now coded to each and every device it has.. meaning, if you have a T-mo edition, you will not be able to use the
    msmdownload tool that has global edition, and you cant bypass that with a hex edit of the ops file anymore..
    and you cant edit the msmdownload tool, because its VMP Protected, meaning unless you can unpack that VMP and restore all the imports
    you will not be able to hex edit that..........

the newer MSMDownload tools check project code, which is located in a few places on your device.. but the place it checks against is
    in eprom, No way to get around that.. and fastbootD which is the current way to convert. Will no longer be available to use anymore soon as well
    ,as OP has patched that too....... also, News is that Qualcomm is now implanting a new security method that will write protect your device.. and the only
    way to bypass that is with a susyq cable and or taking apart your device and turning a switch. then flashing a developers edition OS.. So good luck with that too..
    that prob wont be out for another 5 years total.... but soon all android devices will be Fully locked Down do to that.............................. This is already been implanted into chromebooks (newer)..

also, if you happen to get the ops file. well thats encrypted as well.. and because of the vmp protected msmdownload tool, the old public way to get your hands
    on the loader from the ops file is no longer possible............

pretty much the only way to convert to global is by extracting OPS, then flashing partitions manually using loader......

But there is a catch there too, Oneplus is the only idiot to protect its FireHose Loader, you can read but you cant write with it.. So no matter if you had their loader extracted. you will still run into the next issue
    of flashing each partition because it will fail.. Why will it fail, because OP write Protected it, you need a Demecia token and then you need another Project token... so in all you need
    about 520 chars total of tokens.. good luck on that too................ Just to flash a partition to the device...........

some might ask how do I know all this, Lets just just say, I know people..............

But remember, OP has managed to encrypt everything to try and keep you carrier peepz from converting to global............

I personally think OnePlus is a jacka** company that will sell the global and carrier edition of their device for the same crazy price, but well know that the carrier editions are crippled
    and nowhere near the global standard way........ Its unfair that OP took the time to lock us carrier peepz from converting.. just because they want us to buy direct and not from carrier.............

This 7 Pro that I have.. will most likely be the last OnePlus device I buy. and I know about 20 other people that refuse to buy another OnePlus device on the account they are locking people
    out from a so called Developer friendly device.. OnePlus lies............................................ I have 200% Proof on everything I have said above.. if you need me to do a screen record to prove it further I will.

as for ways around said issues above, It can be done.. but the way it can be done is not public use.. and I have no permission or right to release said way............
    I dont care how much money is offered, Its not in my place to release such info... But again, I dont even care about Oneplus devices anymore.. OP has shown their true colors now..
    and again, Most likely will never buy another OnePlus Device again.........................

OnePlus, I know you read this, Hope you prove that you can be just as fair to carrier editions as you are with global editions.. cause I have a feeling all carrier editions will soon fail you..
    because nobody is going to pay that kinda money for a crippled device that they cant convert.. you can pay nearly the same amount for the pixel 4 XL, and its not crippled in any way..
    its pure vanilla Android OS....................... Guess you can figure out where I might go next........................... (waiting for Pixel 5) ...................

Please Dont message me with crazy questions and so on.. I will ignore all.. I barely use XDA.. someone posted this in my channel and I just wanted to check it out.................
    only true way to reach me is on Telegram.. same nick as here...................

Good luck all...
    Good news guys. Looks like we are going top be getting our MSM Tool next week. Confirmation directly from OP.

Chris Jordan
    Please stay rest assured I will take the complete initiative and will make sure that remote session will be done.

will
    also last time your techs didnt have the tool for my phone yet

will
    can you check and make sure they have it this time

Chris Jordan
    Sure Atrocitus.

Chris Jordan
    Please give me a moment.

will
    do you want my IMEI? so they can be 100% sure

Chris Jordan
    No Atrocitus.

Chris Jordan
    Thank you for being connected Atrocitus.

will
    yup

Chris Jordan
    Upon checking I would like to inform you that the software will be available in the coming week.

will
    The software for the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G

Chris Jordan
    Yes Artocitus.

will
    The tmobile one right?

Chris Jordan
    Yes.

will
    So like next friday or?

Chris Jordan
    Yes you are right Atrocitus.

will
    ok thank you. So should i expect an email or something to set up a remote session?

Chris Jordan
    Yes you will receive it to the below email id.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

will
    ok Thanks
    You do know you have to make sure you have a keylogger right? Something, like StupidKeylogger or similar. You will also need to cut connection as soon as all files are in and he/she logs in or use ALL the required passwords. Basically stop connection right before flashing starts. (at that point you should already have all files & passwords) Then make a quick copy of everything... Then reconnect and let the person finish... (with keylogger working in the background at ALL time.

I said that the phone was NOT bricked, (on various occasions). Been there, done that. Then I asked, Are you flashing A/B? (for restoration) Some of you guys said "How?" "How if you can't flash back?" bla bla bla... I made him make a backup OF EVERY SINGLE PARTITION A/B BEFORE starting. AND YES, YOU CAN FLASH BACK. Everyone went into DRAMA/PANIC mode. You need to have patience and the ability to follow instructions. (that was one of the requirements to join the channel) Then there was one "Shut Up"; After that... **** it, I can't work that way. That RAR package was designed for HIM and ONLY for HIM. Of course we are not going to flash all those partitions; his fingerprint was NOT working and his phone is going back to TMO on monday anyway... That was the perfect chance to push it to the limit. He already has a new phone and TMO WILL ACCEPT the DAMN phone no matter what. EVERYONE HERE that REALLY knows me, already knows I work for Samsung/T-Mobile. It's ****ing obvious. THERE IS A REASON BEHIND ALL MY ACTIONS/METHODS, IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT METHOD OR SIMPLY DON'T THINK IT'S POSSIBLE OR NONSENSE THEN GET THE **** OUT of my channel.
    In for $100 USD. Without a way to restore the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G, I don't expect many developers to pick up the device. My $100 will be paid out to either a way to restore the STOCK T-Mobile firmware, OR a global image. As long as it is done via the MSM download tool.