[BOUNTY] OneClickRoot (CDMA)(NS4G)

Search This thread

chris378

Nov 6, 2010
Elizabethtown, KY
Seriously?

If you can't figure out directions then you have no reason to root your phone. Go buy an iPhone or something else. You bought the wrong phone.

? And im thinking your in the wrong thread..the OneClickRoot has already been created. So no reason to make crude comments. OneClickRoot wasnt for me it was for everyone else that is having issues with rooting there phone. Makes things more simple for everyone..except for you obviously because you are a know it all right? Lol please try to benifit the community not hate on the members having issues rooting there phone

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

brunsbanjo

Aug 22, 2010
Hesse
? And im thinking your in the wrong thread..the OneClickRoot has already been created. So no reason to make crude comments. OneClickRoot wasnt for me it was for everyone else that is having issues with rooting there phone. Makes things more simple for everyone..except for you obviously because you are a know it all right? Lol please try to benifit the community not hate on the members having issues rooting there phone

Sorry...but you definitly bought the wrong DEVICE with the wrong OS..
If you dont know HOW to root, then you DONT NEED root.

Im verry happy if someone like you just buy an iphone...ohh yes its apple, its shiny, its colorful...ahh colorful -> use the very shiny pwnagetool to root it.
But pwnagetool is no pwnage, because you dont need to do anything...so u're just an scriptkiddy.

EDIT:
i just saw that someone did it for you, now you can be happy to get it for free.

Last edited:

Babydollll

If your not interested or capable of creating a OneClickRoot please do not post. Everyone is complaining that it is easy but it is not for everyone. Not everyone is computer savvy. So just because a person is not computer savvy shouldnt have to be the reason why they cant get everything out of there phone as we do (Wirelesstether, Rooted apps, etc). Yes creating this OneClickRoot is benifiting me but it is also benifiting the community by creating a reason for some to create one $$$. Creating this OneClickRoot will help future and current members of XDA and will also generate $$$ for the developer that creates the OneClickRoot. Money is what motivates everyone! So if your not trying to help this cause please do not post comments, It really does not make sense too.
Also shabbypenguin seems to be the closest to getting this done. So as soon as he does i will send him the $100 so if you also agreed to chip in please do so. Thanks

Then you shouldn't root your phone. The NS HAS A LIMITATION WHERE UPON EVERY REBOOT STOCK RECOVERY IS INSTALLED. Eventually you WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO USE FASTBOOT AND ADB. Try a little harder, the first few times I had problems too. I just kept at it and read and reread everything I could I find. Eventually I got everything installed and working.... #justsayin

Sent from my NS running NSCollab cuz I lost my tin cans and string....

K@ng2011

May 30, 2010
Phoenix
Then you shouldn't root your phone. The NS HAS A LIMITATION WHERE UPON EVERY REBOOT STOCK RECOVERY IS INSTALLED. Eventually you WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO USE FASTBOOT AND ADB. Try a little harder, the first few times I had problems too. I just kept at it and read and reread everything I could I find. Eventually I got everything installed and working.... #justsayin

Sent from my NS running NSCollab cuz I lost my tin cans and string....

Incorrect Statement, I used the One-Click Root Method and it worked fine I flashed every ROM on this forum to see which I like best. Unrooted to make sure I Can and re-rooted with One-Click Root themed the NS4G to my liking going through many untold number of reboots, everything is fine. Please re-check what you believe to be facts.

Last edited:

K@ng2011

May 30, 2010
Phoenix
Sorry...but you definitly bought the wrong DEVICE with the wrong OS..
If you dont know HOW to root, then you DONT NEED root.

Im verry happy if someone like you just buy an iphone...ohh yes its apple, its shiny, its colorful...ahh colorful -> use the very shiny pwnagetool to root it.
But pwnagetool is no pwnage, because you dont need to do anything...so u're just an scriptkiddy.

EDIT:
i just saw that someone did it for you, now you can be happy to get it for free.

Since when has the Nexus brand and rooting been a privilege of a Nouveau Sheek Geek crowd? I thought Android was for everybody?

wild1z

Nov 13, 2010
Minne"snow" dah!
My goodness. Chris asked a dev for an app, he got it. Good or bad, pretty or ugly, stupid or smart, it's done. Dream about the next Nexus or 3.1 or kittens being killed by Chuck Norris because this was created. Roll with it and move on with your lives. ;)

LancerEVA06

May 5, 2010
Chicago
I just kinda skimmed through this thread... but for those of you on Windows 7 64-bit, add your Java directory in system variables. Also add adb and fastboot, it makes your lives that much easier.

rougegoat

Jul 26, 2010
Yes creating this OneClickRoot is benifiting me but it is also benifiting the community by creating a reason for some to create one $$$. Creating this OneClickRoot will help future and current members of XDA and will also generate $$$ for the developer that creates the OneClickRoot. Money is what motivates everyone!

**** everything about this statement. Money is a nice bonus, but every dev I've ever talked to directly didn't have it as a motivation. The ones who did generally had ****ty roms and general "customer service", and as such I never bothered talking to them.

A good dev here isn't motivated by money. They're motivated by a desire to tinker, a love of developing, and a bit of an ego trip. There's tons of motivations for them. But money just shouldn't be one of them, doubly so since this is over Open Source code.

Sent from my Droid Eris "Kryten" using XDA Premium App

(edit) Apologies for profanity, but it's needed to get the point across. (/edit)

Last edited:

simon.ponder

May 12, 2010
Burlington
No Money?

Dude, you are wrong. You haven't paid Shabby and you haven't paid me, if you had chosen me instead of him.

You posted the one click thread over a week ago, thanking him. Do what's right, pay the man.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
**** everything about this statement. Money is a nice bonus, but every dev I've ever talked to directly didn't have it as a motivation. The ones who did generally had ****ty roms and general "customer service", and as such I never bothered talking to them.

A good dev here isn't motivated by money. They're motivated by a desire to tinker, a love of developing, and a bit of an ego trip. There's tons of motivations for them. But money just shouldn't be one of them, doubly so since this is over Open Source code.

Sent from my Droid Eris "Kryten" using XDA Premium App

(edit) Apologies for profanity, but it's needed to get the point across. (/edit)

:O

who says i dont have an ego?

https://twitter.com/#!/Shabbypenguin/status/76160444712222720

Quis89

Mar 21, 2010
Please don't clutter the development forum with requests. Put requests in General.

Edit: also, if you can't root the Nexus S you should really consider whether or not you should be tinkering with your phone at the system level. Because this is the easiest phone on the market to root.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

The Epic is easier. The Nexus isn't hard at all though.

mingkee

First of all, you have to have compatible custom kernel for the corresponding version.
Second, have ADB with driver installed.
Third, backup your applications and data (your personal data WILL BE ERASED ON THE NEXT PROCEDURE!!!).
Fourth, fastboot oem unlock
Fifth, fastboot flash boot (your kernel.img)
Sixth, when you go to standby screen, go to settings->applications->development->enable USB debugging
Seventh, run the latest Superoneclick and choose Gingerbreak.
Eights, reboot the machine, done.

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
I unlocked the bootloader after spending 5 hours on it:)

Last edited:

dino993

Jun 20, 2011
unforgiven512 cant install drivers

when i connect the nexus s to the computer in fastbootmode the computer detects it as android 1 and when i install the drivers it say thats not the correct drivers,(windows 7 ,nexus s 2.3.4 GRJ22)

dino993

Jun 20, 2011
hey unforgiven512 the drivers wont install to android 1.0 detected device(windows 7)
what should i do.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I just kinda skimmed through this thread... but for those of you on Windows 7 64-bit, add your Java directory in system variables. Also add adb and fastboot, it makes your lives that much easier.

When you say system variables, do you basically mean the same as path? For example, I put C\android-sdk/platform-tools in my path, you're saying also add Java? I mean, it works as is, but am I understanding you correctly?
Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously?

If you can't figure out directions then you have no reason to root your phone. Go buy an iPhone or something else. You bought the wrong phone.
    Its maybe four commands, are you serious?

Very serious! I have no issues with the commands but alot of my customers do have issues following the instructions. Just trying to make it easier on them, i do not mind investing money to make it easier on them.
    There is a app that you can install right on your phone like you would with a app that does everything for you. Cant get any easier then that. Its called Gingerbreak. I recently used this on my Nexus S 4g on Saturday so it still works. Its faster then fastboot oem unlock.
    Actually. I am willing to do this. Maybe. But the ns does really need a one click root option, and I know how to, so I may.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
    www.holylivingfuck.com/Stuff/One-Click-Nexus-S-4G.zip

While this will indeed work on a nexus s. the recovery image was used from the NS4G i cannot promise that the cwm image will work for NS owners
    it will however still root you and unlock your phone

download
    extract
    enable usb debugging by going to settings > applications > development > usb debugging and make sure its checked on
    run Drivers.exe
    run Run.bat
    follow the onscreen prompts (as there is no way to make a "one click" due to the fasboot oem unlock needing interaction)

this will wipe data, there is no way around it due to unlocking the bootloader. sorry #blamegoogle