[Bounty][Progress] Lineage Os for Samsung Galaxy S8

Are you interested in donating money for bringing AOSP and LOS Roms to Galaxy S8?

• Yes

Votes: 285 78.7%
  • No

Votes: 77 21.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

georg6400

Nov 7, 2012
Stuttgart
Donation don't work

@Fevax
I can't send you money via paypal. Do you know why? Please see error-message.

The translations is somehting like:
The donee can not receive personal payments.

Attachments

• donation.PNG
    donation.PNG
    51.8 KB · Views: 688
Reactions: Murkhadha

boydee

Oct 14, 2012
Kampala
I'm in!! My S8 coming in two days :D

$10 sent to Fevax Paypal.

Transaction ID
7AY993772V418140T

Screenshot attached.
:highfive:All the best, guys! :highfive:

Attachments

• xda1.PNG
    xda1.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 280

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Updates please here on xda (Thats why we have XDA, and not Telegram !), and not in a App.

Thanks
This just sounds lazy - The Devs are putting LOTS of TIME & EFFORT into this - Is it really too much effort to use Telegram - Many Devs are keeping in contact with users through Telegram - If we want to play the "game" it's no trouble to use what is most convenient for them... We aren't putting any effort into making the Roms - Recoveries etc.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Outsourcing is everytime a bad thing, XDA is the No.1 Address to find Stuff so why not stay here (like it was for Years) and if someone needs to use a Mobile Client : Taptalk or the modified XDA-Taptalk Client.
It's not up to the user to dictate to the Devs - The "tail wagging the dog" is not productive ?
It's the user's choice if they want to follow the work that is given to them for free.... If they are not happy with it.... They can just move on.

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 ??

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
It's not up to the user to dictate to the Devs - The "tail wagging the dog" is not productive
It's the user's choice if they want to follow the work that is given to them for free.... If they are not happy with it.... They can just move on.

My SM-G930W8

1.st No one spoke about Dictate someone something.

I just gave a constructive Critics, that outsourcing to another Platform is Foobar. Because what is better : Users and Devs have to use TWO Platforms (XDA, and Telegram), or just one ? .

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
1.st No one spoke about Dictate someone something.

I just gave a constructive Critics, that outsourcing to another Platform is Foobar. Because what is better : Users have to use TWO Platforms (XDA, and Telegram), or just one ? .
Your first post:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=73939401

Seems to appear to be suggesting how you (and one other person) want to receive updates on development - It takes ~ 2 seconds (at most) to download Telegram and pretty well every Dev is using TG for up to date information.... And it's what the Devs seem to want.

My SM-G930W8 ??

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
Your first post:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=73939401

Seems to appear to be suggesting how you (and one other person) want to receive updates on development - It takes ~ 2 seconds (at most) to download Telegram and pretty well every Dev is using TG for up to date information.... And it's what the Devs seem to want.

My SM-G930W8

Maybe just here, never seen this on other Forums (MotoZ, Sony etc) or i'm just getting to old and dont see this anymore.

TG is btw insecure : https://gizmodo.com/why-you-should-stop-using-telegram-right-now-1782557415 (Just one of many many Examples).

And honestly, i dont need : WhatsApp, Signal (Which i consider as Secure..they both use a Audited Crypto-Protocoll, Telegram not) and now Telegram too. Telegram broke a very important Rule "Don't Roll Your Own Crypto".

But anyways, i hope the final product (Firmware) will be posted here again somedays. Until that, i (and i bet others) will wait.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Maybe just here, never seen this on other Forums (MotoZ, Sony etc) or i'm just getting to old and dont see this anymore.

TG is btw insecure : https://gizmodo.com/why-you-should-stop-using-telegram-right-now-1782557415 (Just one of many many Examples).

And honestly, i dont need : WhatsApp, Signal (Which i consider as Secure..they both use a Audited Crypto-Protocoll, Telegram not) and now Telegram too. Telegram broke a very important Rule "Don't Roll Your Own Crypto".

But anyways, i hope the final product (Firmware) will be posted here again somedays. Until that, i (and i bet others) will wait.
Well TG is new to me as well - But it's the direction that Devs seem to be going in - As for encryption - The link you posted is about a year old - Aside from that I don't think that anyone is worried about encryption in these public channels - There's quite a few TG Groups as can be seen in just the ones that I'm following... Some Devs also use G+ btw ?

Screenshot_20170926-102123.png

My SM-G930W8 ??

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
Well TG is new to me as well - But it's the direction that Devs seem to be going in - As for encryption - The link you posted is about a year old - Aside from that I don't think that anyone is worried about encryption in these public channels - There's quite a few TG Groups as can be seen in just the ones that I'm following... Some Devs also use G+ btw

View attachment 4284015

My SM-G930W8

Forget it. *shakes head*. Bacxk to Topic, and i would personally happy if there is a discussion about the progress and stuff here as well. again thats what xda is for.

Kulwinder Singh

Feb 1, 2012
Mohali
Forget it. *shakes head*. Bacxk to Topic, and i would personally happy if there is a discussion about the progress and stuff here as well. again thats what xda is for.
xda was not meant for discussion.it was meant for development only.and when the rom development gets completed you would find it here in xda.and am just suggesting not forcing anyone to join the group.its up to an individual how much he wants to indulge into this experience.you should admit that group discussion is much easier in messaging apps than here on xda.

Reactions: shaggyskunk

srdjanLeo

Feb 9, 2011
Belgrade
A problem with Telegram chat is that there you can't find absolutely any info on anything. Just some gifs, memes, and ridicolous chat about anything but the ROM and development. I think XDA should forbid that kind of interaction, promoting other clients. We have XDA and we are used to it, so if anything, OP can make daily updates here to let us know about development, if devs realy are demanding interaction on Telegram.
Just my opinion, so no need for anyone to bark at me. ;)

Last edited:

n2851991m

Nov 20, 2012
Bangalore
cmon guys, literally anyone who is on the telegram thread can post updates here. Why wont someone post updates here instead of debating what the better platform is. (And I dont mean only the dev )

Reactions: goRt

boydee

Oct 14, 2012
Kampala
xda was not meant for discussion.it was meant for development only.and when the rom development gets completed you would find it here in xda.and am just suggesting not forcing anyone to join the group.its up to an individual how much he wants to indulge into this experience.you should admit that group discussion is much easier in messaging apps than here on xda.

Hi OP,

Just wondering if you saw my donation post. Page 17 I think.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73938888&postcount=165

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this question annoys a lot of xda fellows but am not asking any eta or anything,just a simple question that is anyone working on a lineage os or any aosp rom for our galaxy s8?because our phone deserves it :)

Edit : Poll Added for opinions.Will Start collecting donation when we get at least 50 positive votes.

Edit 2 : Ok,so now that we have got so many positive votes and xda-ians willing to donate for a fast and stable AOSP rom for our galaxy s8 we should start the bounty.Am going to maintain a list of donators here in the OP so that we keep track of donations

So those who want to donate just tell how much they want to donate and i will update it here.When we will have enough bounty for buying a new galaxy S8 then we will transfer it to @Fevax then he can start the development :)

Join this Telegram Group for all the latest updates regarding development :
    https://t.me/joinchat/F-2RMw3YxnzjkyAbhveayQ

And those who don't want to join :
    All will be updated when i decide to make the thread for the rom :) No need to use telegram

Progress 1 :
    OK, time to start the work
    Tnks to everyone who sent donations directly to me, and I hope the others keep their words ;)
    Progress 2 :We have a booting build now.Not available for downloading and testing yet though

First Look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpyh_Zildlw

Here we go...Rom is live : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/development/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-galaxy-s8-t3684397

DONOR LIST
    1. Furyau = $25(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    2. Billyx1 = $10(Pledged)
    3. Pesci2k = $20(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    4. Midac333 = $55(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    5. Itsecguy = $50(Pledged)
    6. `SBR` = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    7. Janver22 = $50(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    8. Codgedodger = $65(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    9. Surfsyco = $5(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,73L03213HK8230449)
    10. Dianxxyyzz = $50(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    11. Luvgirl12345 = $10(Pledged)
    12. Sams26 = $20(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,3P546047567497739)
    13. Gabu8balls = $15(Sent to Fevax's Paypal)
    14. Elhombre92 = $50(Sent to Fevax's Paypal)
    15. Hasabeard = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,09T660156J393794W)
    16. Felicze = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,5WC54314661191238)
    17. 深蓝火之舞 = $5(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,6ES59259SL901853G)
    18. Boydee = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,7AY993772V418140T)
    19. Murkhadha = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,7NP604119M699323R)
    20. Ipharus = $6(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,5JK36353P4522322F)
    21. Xeqtorcreed = $20(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    22. Mchtt = $11(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,47498922VW907513J)
    23. Georg6400 = $10(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,1GH43128NK710084T)
    24. Martepato = $50(Sent to Fevax's Paypal,Screenshot Attatched to OP)
    Total Pledge = $577​
    Total Sent(till now) = $507​
    OK, time to start the work ☺️
    Tnks to everyone who sent donations directly to me, and I hope the others keep their words ;)
    All will be updated when i decide to make the thread for the rom :) No need to use telegram
    Some screenshots :)
    No problem for me, i only need the device to start :) If you want, I can receive all the money and show the transactions, or you can collect the money and send it to me, or you can buy the phone and send it, no problem with that