[Bounty] root@firetv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LiquidXed

Jul 10, 2010
If u want to reboot https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=simple.reboot.com works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
edit: im not 100% sure if it is really the bootloader cuz it just sits @ amazon screen. but u can use apex to reboot into bootloader. maybe someone with a male to male usb cable can test some fastboot commands

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Found a male to male and it works... Aleast fastboot reboot command does

ahoslc

Mar 30, 2010
salt lake city
edit: im not 100% sure if it is really the bootloader cuz it just sits @ amazon screen. but u can use apex to reboot into bootloader. maybe someone with a male to male usb cable can test some fastboot commands

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Found a male to male and it works... Aleast fastboot reboot command does

Try Fastboot oem unlock

wunderdrug

Jun 5, 2014
Cifs/smb/samba

Anyone have any luck trying to mount CIFS/SMB/SAMBA shares on the filesystem? Tried various things and no go.

LiquidXed

Jul 10, 2010
Try Fastboot oem unlock
just did.. nothin happened.. all other commands seem to be working..
is there a command to check the lock status?
Fastboot devices works with a return
But
Fastboot oem ? It just sits there

Last edited:

LiquidXed

Jul 10, 2010
Works fine here

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Rom toolbox pro works too

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
If anyone is ballzy enough to change the clocking speed of any given app by using something like SetCPU,can you do various Reicast tests with Sonic Adventure 1 and/or 2 with an underclocked rate like 1.2Ghz or maybe even insanely lower like 0.8Ghz?
I may try myself after putting my SA2 copy back on my Fire TV.

Another thing to get working is optimizing the quad cores to greatly boost overall performance if possible.

I neglected to mention that seeder has increased my performance quite a bit since rebooting after enabling lag reduction.
Sites even load faster.
I wonder if Dolphin Browser can now be installed somehow?

Esso1001

Apr 5, 2014
Can someone explain what are the advantages of using superuser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
SuperUser is the only way for apps to access root easily.

I already tried just underclocking with SetCPU from none other than xda itself.
Reicast still flipped out though,but at least setting the mode to performance and the minimum to 486Mhz gives me a nice speed boost.

bradr00lzd00d1

Oct 1, 2011
I wonder if anyone can get the ouya launcher on here. It would be a nice alternative launcher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: LiquidXed

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Strange.
I did not get an error on SuperSU.

I installed both APKs in the same ADB session via terminal app,then got root from opening tr.
Then I opened SuperUser and updated it successfully,and I set it to automatically grant access.
All is working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's bad form to ask a dev about updates... it's equally bad form for a dev to not release updates for extended periods of time.

How the heck do you want me to update something that hasn't been released? FireTV hasn't even been out long.

Do it yourself instead of complaining if you don't like me doing things on my own terms.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'll believe it when I see it. The kallsyms dump is pretty convincing but isn't absolute proof. I'll continue beating my firetv up in the meantime I guess. If i root mine first, I'll send myself the BTC. ;)

On that note any one know why adb shell has an LD_PRELOAD library called libnimswrap.. looks like it touches a few interesting calls.

Personally I don't care if anyone believes me or not, any looking back at the history of Android exploits will likely see my work more often than not, especially with the Amazon FireOS. When appropriate, I will release.

Bonus tease for everyone else, modified recovery booting (just edited /res/ images to test booting unsigned code)

You are the first person to post "everything <but> root" in the whole thread.

This thread should be closed.. Started off as a bounty.. bounty was paid and root was received..
    A different thread should be started if we are still looking for root. Very inconvenient for people to have to read the headlines on the internet that this device was rooted on the release day, then to have to read this whole thread to discover we still dont have root.
    please share the root:(

The root will be shared when the dev is ready. Asking for it is in poor taste and it was said that if it were released now, then amazon would be able to patch it with their next update. As soon as amazon releases the next update, then it will be shared when it is ready
    Root and recovery would be good. I got like 28 days left before I can return my FireTV. Hopefully this will be done before then.

Current issues with releasing my work right now:

1) No way to interact with a custom recovery (possibly doable with keyboard) and no way to load files to flash without booting into android (possible to mount usb disk in recovery mode?).

2) Looking for a bug to exploit that is less abusable by others

#1 Someone more versed at recoveries is lookign at

#2 I'm working on currently.