[Bounty] SM-N975U1 Note 10+ (USA unlocked version) bootloader unlock and root method

117micc

Apr 12, 2009
Baltimore
I wanted to start a Bounty for a root method in the SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Bounty will be awarded to the first CONFIRMED successful method to unlock the bootloader and root SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Xda rules state: No money can be collected or pooled on XDA, Bounties are PLEDGES ONLY. Thanks for understanding

Just say how much you'd be willing to put in and I'll update this post with your info including donation amount weekly.

Current Bounty:

117micc ------------------- $100

Learning0876 ------------- $300

Oneandroidnut ----------- $100

1404zone ----------------- $100

Jason123420 -------------- $200

Geekser ------------------- $300

Kapoowe ------------------- $30

maddman2k1 ------------- $500

Mike02z ------------------- $25

Firebrain ----------------- $2000

Horologist ---------------- $700

unimatrix ------------------ $20

HarroldC ------------------ $100

RomLord14495 ------------ $50

zack61797 ------------------ $40

Paddington1982 ----------- $35*

aj_vogtman ---------------- $100

Bot42 --------------------------- $50

ackaite --------------------- $100

Lovemytab ----------------- $25

Grand Total --------------- $4875

****** UPDATE ******
PETITION TO SAMSUNG!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ bootloader unlock petition

Please copy and share this petition on all your social media accounts!

Last edited:

Learning0876

Oct 11, 2019
Unlock bootloader and Root bounty

I wanted to start a Bounty for a root method in the SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Bounty will be awarded to the first CONFIRMED successful method to unlock the bootloader and root SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Xda rules state: No money can be collected or pooled on XDA, Bounties are PLEDGES ONLY. Thanks for understanding

Just say how much you'd be willing to put in and I'll update this post with your info including donation amount weekly.

Current Bounty:

117micc - $100

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I got 300 on it

pH-0+0n

Nov 20, 2019
N975U Root

Hi,
Can SM-N975U be rooted or is the same as U1 version?

Alternatively, is there a method to repair imei on N975U.

Thanks!

117micc

Apr 12, 2009
Baltimore
Hi,

Can SM-N975U be rooted or is the same as U1 version?

Alternatively, is there a method to repair imei on N975U.

Thanks!
As far as I know it can not be rooted because the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Samsung removed the OEM unlock toggle from the developer settings in the phone.

My main question is (I'm not very knowledgeable here so please excuse me if this is a dumb question) if the OEM unlock toggle is just hidden or if it is actually removed completely.

If it's hidden, maybe it can be turned on still somehow.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Well, I think most people would want to keep Samsung pay, Knox, etc. Rooting is just not worth it for a Samsung flagship nowdays.

Guess I'm not most people....
SM-N9750/ds rooted/bootloader unlocked...
Don't use sam pay...if i really wanted to or needed to my galaxy watch will do it. Love some Viper audio, built in spam calling protection, Call rec etc. Its my phone...i require su permissions to really believe that.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

1404zone

Feb 17, 2019
Mobile OS development would be comparable to Laptop/Desktop OS development if it was never commonplace to lock users to a single nonadministrator mode only OS on all mobile devices ... It's like selling you a house that comes pre furnished but you're not allowed to change anything, like buy a new bed.
I payed over a $1000 for this mobile cpu and I should be able to do whatever I want with my own mobile even if I do want to destroy it.

I got $100 on it.

Maybe if people stopped selling all the privilege escalation bugs they find to Samsung then maybe we would actually have a development community for Snapdragon especially now that they're shutting down the Exynos SoC

Last edited:

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Don't use sam pay...if i really wanted to or needed to my galaxy watch will do it. Love some Viper audio, built in spam calling protection, Call rec etc. Its my phone...i require su permissions to really believe that.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Hell yeah, Amen to that.

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Well, I think most people would want to keep Samsung pay, Knox, etc. Rooting is just not worth it for a Samsung flagship nowdays.
Why give up so easy on the right to have 100% property rights over what I paid for?
Would you like to have someone else deciding for your life decisions? Welcome to communism. Been there, I'm out and don't wanna go back.
The issue is that ppl have a tendency to accept this fist in the mouth like something normal, thus accepting the normality of locked bootloader. What if many wouldn't want to buy locked bootloader? Utopia right?
A giant tech like samsung doesn't care about a small fraction of geeks who want this unlocked bootloader.
Still, one can only hope ...

117micc

Apr 12, 2009
Baltimore
I just wanted to update everyone on our progress, we have a

Grand Total of $1100

so far for an unlocked bootloader and root!!

Thank you all who have made a pledge for this bounty! I am also planning to start a petition on change.org to petition Samsung to allow our model to be bootloader unlocked! I will update my original post with details once I have finished writing it up. I just ask that everyone whose made a pledge to sign and share it on all your social media.

I am hoping XDA will see our progress and write main blog post about this forum post, to get the word out. [emoji1696]

In my opinion I believe we should have full right to products we buy and own. I paid $1200 out right for this phone, and feel like it really isn't mine because I'm being limited on what I can and can't do with something I paid for! I know many people feel my frustration.

Please share this in the mean time and spread the word!

Thanks again!!

smuvman

Dec 16, 2007
Manchester
I miss viper! Use my note 8 in my car for that purpose.

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
As far as I know it can not be rooted because the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Samsung removed the OEM unlock toggle from the developer settings in the phone.

My main question is (I'm not very knowledgeable here so please excuse me if this is a dumb question) if the OEM unlock toggle is just hidden or if it is actually removed completely.

If it's hidden, maybe it can be turned on still somehow.
even when its there and u go through the motions it still doesnt unlock...