• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bounty] SM-N975U1 Note 10+ (USA unlocked version) bootloader unlock and root method

Search This thread

experbia

Nov 19, 2021
PNW, USA
Chiming in here with an intense interest in unlocking the SM-N975U1 bootloader.

I foolishly purchased this device after seeing much N10+ unlocked bootloader chatter, assuming that this one had it too. Egg on my face.

While I have very little experience with Android-specific systems, I have a fair professional and hobby understanding of embedded systems, ARM and ARMv8 systems, electronics, and cryptography - if there are efforts being made to bypass this limitation, I would love to know where I can go to contribute towards this effort, if there are any hotspots for this.

Beyond this, @117micc - I am currently willing to pledge an additional $150 USD towards the bounty stated in the OP, placing the total bounty at over $5,000 USD.

experbia

Nov 19, 2021
PNW, USA
The bounty is kind of pointless as the device has already been able to be bootloader unlocked for a long time now, but only if it's running rev 5 or lower
Via a paid service only which is not entirely reliable over time, as I understand it?

Further, are there any options for higher than rev 5? This doesn't seem like a complete solution relative to the other models of the N10+.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Via a paid service only which is not entirely reliable over time, as I understand it?

Further, are there any options for higher than rev 5? This doesn't seem like a complete solution relative to the other models of the N10+.
It's entirely reliable, if you're on rev 5 or lower.

No, no options for rev 6 and 7 currently.

What's available is as good as it gets. There will never be an exploit that works the same way as it does on the models that Samsung permits the user to unlock

experbia

Nov 19, 2021
PNW, USA

What's available is as good as it gets. There will never be an exploit that works the same way as it does on the models that Samsung permits the user to unlock
Can you supply any information on why there will never be an exploit? I'd be interested in any proof of this claim.

What I'm hearing is that you're claiming the bounty is pointless because it's a solved problem, but it's only solved under specific conditions that don't apply to everyone - so this doesn't really make it a solved problem at all.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Chiming in here with an intense interest in unlocking the SM-N975U1 bootloader.

I foolishly purchased this device after seeing much N10+ unlocked bootloader chatter, assuming that this one had it too. Egg on my face.
If it's running on Android 10 I just bought the same model. It runs very well stock if you use a package disabler or adb edits and configure it.
Disable OTA updates and do not upgrade to Android 11.
Don't go too nuts with disabling Samsung systems apks as there are many smaller new ones in the Android 10 variant that use very little resources and make it usable. Literally dozens compared to Pie.

This is still one of the best phones out there which is why I bought a second one. It's a solid gorgeous workhorse with better color rendering than most (perhaps all) of the newer ones. The variable refresh rate displays and 5G have been causing extensive issues on the newer models and not just Samsung

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
No bootloader exploit exists for any Samsung model, that works on any and all versions for that particular model. I guarantee you the Note 10+ won't be the first
Last exploit was on S5/Note4 Verizon and require root to apply. You can't root on stock or combination since S10. Life is harder now.
And all those who offered the 5K$ are updated to newer devices so its above pointless.

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce

to answer your question you are correct in that the paid token service is not eligible for any bounty since it is device specific, isnt free and doesnt work on later firmware versions among other reasons.

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce

To be fair, never say never lol.. but just bcuz the odds are slim doesnt mean they cant hope and contribute to any potential bounty lol I agree, its highly unlikely to happen but I hope one day someone proves us wrong lol

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
If it's running on Android 10 I just bought the same model. It runs very well stock if you use a package disabler or adb edits and configure it.
Don't go too nuts with disabling Samsung systems apks as there are many smaller new ones in the Android 10 variant that use very little resources and make it usable. Literally dozens compared to Pie.

This is still one of the best phones out there which is why I bought a second one. It's a solid gorgeous workhorse with better color rendering than most (perhaps all) of the newer ones. The variable refresh rate displays and 5G have been causing extensive issues on the newer models and not just Samsung
that is sort of irrelevant to the thread topic of unlocking the bootloader tho lol

Reactions: blackhawk

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Last exploit was on S5/Note4 Verizon and require root to apply. You can't root on stock or combination since S10. Life is harder now.
And all those who offered the 5K$ are updated to newer devices so its above pointless.
if there was a bounty for n4 verizon it wouldnt have been eligible for bounty either since it only worked on vzw models lol.. just sayin

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
Hello, currently trying to unlock BL on a S20 FE 5G US unlocked, so XAA carrier.
Did reseach and payed service to the rescue...
Is this model already craked?? unlockable ??
Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

that is sort of irrelevant to the thread topic of unlocking the bootloader tho lol
    Hello, currently trying to unlock BL on a S20 FE 5G US unlocked, so XAA carrier.
    Did reseach and payed service to the rescue...
    Is this model already craked?? unlockable ??
    Thx
    Can be unlocked on rev 1 or 2 bootloader only
    I wanted to start a Bounty for a root method in the SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Bounty will be awarded to the first CONFIRMED successful method to unlock the bootloader and root SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Xda rules state: No money can be collected or pooled on XDA, Bounties are PLEDGES ONLY. Thanks for understanding

Just say how much you'd be willing to put in and I'll update this post with your info including donation amount weekly.

Current Bounty:

117micc ------------------- $100

Learning0876 ------------- $300

Oneandroidnut ----------- $100

1404zone ----------------- $100

Jason123420 -------------- $200

Geekser ------------------- $300

Kapoowe ------------------- $30

maddman2k1 ------------- $500

Mike02z ------------------- $25

Firebrain ----------------- $2000

Horologist ---------------- $700

unimatrix ------------------ $20

HarroldC ------------------ $100

RomLord14495 ------------ $50

zack61797 ------------------ $40

Paddington1982 ----------- $35*

aj_vogtman ---------------- $100

Bot42 --------------------------- $50

ackaite --------------------- $100

Lovemytab ----------------- $25

Grand Total --------------- $4875

****** UPDATE ******
    PETITION TO SAMSUNG!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ bootloader unlock petition

Please copy and share this petition on all your social media accounts!
    Well, I think most people would want to keep Samsung pay, Knox, etc. Rooting is just not worth it for a Samsung flagship nowdays.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Guess I'm not most people....
    SM-N9750/ds rooted/bootloader unlocked...
    Don't use sam pay...if i really wanted to or needed to my galaxy watch will do it. Love some Viper audio, built in spam calling protection, Call rec etc. Its my phone...i require su permissions to really believe that.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Hey everyone,

I think I've mentioned this before, but can we all please be respectful and kind to one another. Regardless of who said what, when, to who, let's stay courteous to others and try to stay on topic. I understand this thread had been around for months, without any real relevant updates, but honestly it covers with the territory.

We are all crossing our fingers and hoping for the same thing, arguing, being disrespectful, or condescending to one another is not going to make an exploit for this device happen any faster. Let's all stay professional and proper please. Thank you so much!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Well if people know anyone on here we can get a team and unlock the bootloader/root I've been trying to find possible "bugs" but nothing at all its extremely hard because older tricks that people used are patched and I'm still running 9.0 on my note 10 and still nothing.... I dont want to update to 10.0 till people find a root method but its extremely hard now a days but with a team I feel like it could be done

i been (what seems like) working alone for months n months now.. nit one person has messaged me or even indicated they were also trying lol

im making headway on n960u today.. i can now write to system vendor and odm partitions on combo using my already posted n9 combo root and an olllld trick im surprised even works lol
    no negativity. but this thread will be nothing but hopes and dreams