• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[BOUNTY] Verizon Note 4 Root. - Who's in

Search This thread

sharjeelhkhan

May 2, 2011
Woodbridge, VA
Carrier Unlock

It may sound like a dumb question but is a carrier unlock is the same as an unlocked bootloader? I bought my Note 4 from Amazon but out of contract to use on Verizon. I payed full price for it so if I ask Verizon to unlock my phone, will I be able to root it? Thanks in advance!

DrSeussFreak

It may sound like a dumb question but is a carrier unlock is the same as an unlocked bootloader? I bought my Note 4 from Amazon but out of contract to use on Verizon. I payed full price for it so if I ask Verizon to unlock my phone, will I be able to root it? Thanks in advance!

No, a carrier unlock is different from bootloader unlock. Carrier unlock just means you can put any SIM card you want in it. If you bought it from Amazon, and you bought the T-Mobile or Sprint edition phone, then you can root, otherwise you have to wait.

Reactions: sharjeelhkhan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CqT9CUl.jpg

Welcome to the Official Verizon Galaxy Note 4 #Root Bounty Thread!

The day you all have been waiting for has finally come. Yes, that is correct, you can UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADERS!!! I have now seen 2 separate videos, both coming from people other than the those responsible for this feat. With this, I am satisfied that this is a real and valid and most importantly permanent method to not only root your Verizon Note 4's, but also to unlock the bootloader. With this news, a big thanks to @beaups and @ryanbg.

Now, as to the matter of all of your pledges. Collecting pledges will be @ryanbg. @beaups has very graciously said to @ryanbg. So as you are paying up, don't forget to thank them both, but congratulate @ryanbg for this as well as the news that he is getting married. I have been in talks with @ryanbg and his paypal e-mail address is [email protected]. So please send your pledges over and enjoy your root with unlocked bootloader!

Last thing, if anyone wishes to donate to both the responsible parties, once you have paid @ryanbg, any donations for @beaups, please send a donation to the "Make a Wish Foundation"

MODERATOR NOTE: Bounties are not encouraged on XDA, however some have resulted in needed breakthroughs.
    A legitimate bounty should be started by someone other than the recipient, preferably an established member of the community. The recipient should be aware of and endorse the bounty and agree to its purpose. A set goal should be announced and totals kept current. No money should be collected up front but pledged to be sent to the recipient's donation link once goal is reached. Please also note bounties should be for significant critical development projects, not to get your favorite developers a new toy....that is what their DONATE link is for.
    Please stay within these guidelines.
    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    $500

I just won a lottery scratch off for $1000 bucks.... I will donate half of it to this cause and I really hope it helps....

$500 bucks for root.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    I got my retail note 4 into developer mode!!!!! There are a few things i need to figure out before the method is released. This is a huge step!

proof below

One step closer to root! Woo Woot!

One step closer to root! Woo Woot!
    Looks like a vulnerability has been discovered for the AT&T variant. The vulnerability is in the camera group. However even with this vulnerability, because of the strengthening of security, it would be very hard to achieve an exploit without having another vulnerability from within the same group or from another group. This means we are one step closer now to achieving an exploit for root. Several senior developers and top of the class known security experts are looking into this to see what can be done. If an exploit for the AT&T variant can be achieved, it should be able to be applied to the SM-N910V variant as well. Might we see root on these devices before the release of lollipop? Well we'll just have to wait and see...
    Below is the link to the thread. Don't forget to say "Thanks!"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2961974
    lecturing everybody in this thread is not on topic

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk