• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bounty verizon note 7 root

Search This thread

solos420

Apr 20, 2013
I'd like to officially kick off the bounty for rooting the verizon note 7. I'm certainly no pro at this stuff which is why I come to you guys for the knowledge I'm always seeking. That being said I'm not even sure how to go about donating to said bounty fund. If someone smarter than myself would like to setup said fund I'll happily throw a good chunk of cash in there for the cause. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: matrix3148

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
I read something about how they are pretty much the same under the table.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Verizon and AT&T phones have been nearly identical in recent years. Both are usually more locked down than T-Mobile (for example). Starting with the S7 and S7edge and now with the Note 7, almost all firmware can be universally flashed. Verizon is the best platform as they are already Sim-unlocked.

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
Hopefully this works out. Maybe we can get some of the stuff our dictator carrier removed
It will. The system file is what you keep from the Sprint rom.. The nice thing is that the rom is a pre-carrier release so basically before Sprint got their hands on it to add their own bloatware.

You essentially perform the Sprint root guide but right before rooting via adb, you flash the CP, BL, and CSC from the Verizon firmware.

Reactions: Rippley05

JohnShaft69

Feb 3, 2009
It will. The system file is what you keep from the Sprint rom.. The nice thing is that the rom is a pre-carrier release so basically before Sprint got their hands on it to add their own bloatware.

You essentially perform the Sprint root guide but right before rooting via adb, you flash the CP, BL, and CSC from the Verizon firmware.
are we to assume that you have already done this successfully?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success!! everything working..I'll throw up a guide
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-vzw-note-7-t3448711

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Does VoLTE, wifi calling and Samsung Pay work?

Samsung pay doesnt work, Im assuming because its a developer build. When you open it it says coming soon

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Cool! Able to tell me how you got data working really quick? Have to leave for work in like 10 minutes!!!

My bad, was trying to get the steps down without missing something but you can do it on your phone if you get wifi for like 3 mins
    so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on
    so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on

Root is achieved which is a great thing. Now just need to add APN settings to the phone. Try an APN app
    You can also use xposed if you are into it. I myself love xposed.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk