• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bounty verizon note 7 root

Search This thread

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
are we to assume that you have already done this successfully?
No i have not tried it yet but theres no harm in trying. If it fails just reflash vzw firmware. I am running at&t firmware on the Verizon note 7 so it doednt apply to Me, as that gentleman achieved root with at&t firmware already using this method. I dont see any difference between using a AT&T note 7 vs Verizon note 7 at this point when flashing the Sprint firmware.

I am 99% sure it will work all the same considering I'm running another carrier's firmware on the verizon note 7 already. Not to mention youd be flashing the Verizon CP, CSC, and BL back onto the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: jal3223

raneym305

Jan 17, 2015
Olympia, WA
No i have not tried it yet but theres no harm in trying. If it fails just reflash vzw firmware. I am running at&t firmware on the Verizon note 7 so it doednt apply to Me, as that gentleman achieved root with at&t firmware already using this method. I dont see any difference between using a AT&T note 7 vs Verizon note 7 at this point when flashing the Sprint firmware.

I am 99% sure it will work all the same considering I'm running another carrier's firmware on the verizon note 7 already. Not to mention youd be flashing the Verizon CP, CSC, and BL back onto the device.

What's the benefit to running the AT&T firmware vs. the Verizon firmware? I was under the impression that AT&T stripped away the same useful features that Verizon did on their firmware?

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
I wonder if this is why the day one patch was released... verizon knew something was up! Lucky I havent updated yet! =D

What do you mean?

This would replace the firmware you're on whether you updated or not

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

just follow your guide but use verizon files correct?

It's not my guide but yes just use the Verizon CP BL and CSC files instead of the at&t ones.

If you are successful I will write up the Verizon root guide for this forum.

When you are successful please send me screenshots of root checker, your about phone screen with build number, model number etc, and super su

Last edited:

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on

Root is achieved which is a great thing. Now just need to add APN settings to the phone. Try an APN app

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas

no wayyy... so we have root!? Just issues with data on your phone? Wooweeeee

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
Try this.. old suggestion but may work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160826-123326.png
    Screenshot_20160826-123326.png
    252 KB · Views: 243

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success!! everything working..I'll throw up a guide
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-vzw-note-7-t3448711

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Does VoLTE, wifi calling and Samsung Pay work?

Samsung pay doesnt work, Im assuming because its a developer build. When you open it it says coming soon

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Cool! Able to tell me how you got data working really quick? Have to leave for work in like 10 minutes!!!

My bad, was trying to get the steps down without missing something but you can do it on your phone if you get wifi for like 3 mins

Root is achieved which is a great thing. Now just need to add APN settings to the phone. Try an APN app
    You can also use xposed if you are into it. I myself love xposed.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk