• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bounty verizon note 7 root

Search This thread

SomeGuy2008

Aug 22, 2008
Good thing. Everything else I was reading was starting to make me think the verizon note 7 would likely never get root, but now that doesn't seem the case. :) Now to wait for a bootloader unlock like the last eng leak that allowed the bootloader unlock for s5.

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Awesome, please post results!

Confused everytime I try to push the sun7 folder it says no file exist...:confused:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

found a file that could possibly help, restarting the entire process now

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...?

Trying to push the sun7 folder but get a message saying no file exist? The sun7 file is on my desktop

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
Confused everytime I try to push the sun7 folder it says no file exist...:confused:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...?

Trying to push the sun7 folder but get a message saying no file exist? The sun7 file is on my desktop
extract sun7 from the zip to regular sun7 folder

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
folder had to be in the same location as your adb file

That's what confuses me. Not too good with adb. Are you able to show me where your adb file is or how you have it set up? Would help me alot!

Like this in my picture?

That's the error I get..

Attachments

• adb.png
    adb.png
    98 KB · Views: 181
  • wtf.png
    wtf.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

nu2droid

Aug 10, 2010
Georgia
I do not know how many files are in the folder. But if I am not mistaken the files that are in the sun folder need to be in the a d b folder not in another folder

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
That's what confuses me. Not too good with adb. Are you able to show me where your adb file is or how you have it set up? Would help me alot!

Like this in my picture?

That's the error I get..

shouldnt be in sun 7 folder for it, open the command window in the folder that holds the sun7 folder
for you, your platform-tools window

Attachments

• adb.jpg
    adb.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 169

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Is anyone going to write up a guide? I'm browsing through the ATT one, but I don't know if Verizon owners have to do anything differently. Also does this not work if we accepted the Verizon update? If so can we go back to a previous version?

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
Success!! everything working..I'll throw up a guide

Nice job!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Awsome guys and thank you for all your work. I think this is the fastest root achieved for me lol when is the guide gonna be up? So we will have at&t version? If so does that include the system monitor they removed?

No it will be a bloat free version.

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-vzw-note-7-t3448711

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Does VoLTE, wifi calling and Samsung Pay work?

Samsung pay doesnt work, Im assuming because its a developer build. When you open it it says coming soon

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Cool! Able to tell me how you got data working really quick? Have to leave for work in like 10 minutes!!!

My bad, was trying to get the steps down without missing something but you can do it on your phone if you get wifi for like 3 mins

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Samsung pay doesnt work, Im assuming because its a developer build. When you open it it says coming soon

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

My bad, was trying to get the steps down without missing something but you can do it on your phone if you get wifi for like 3 mins

I can probably live without Samsung Pay, but does wifi calling work? That's a biggie for me as reception is a bit spotty in my house. Also will this work if we accepted the Verizon update?

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
when I click activate wi-fi calling, I get nothing

Ok thanks for the info, so that's a negative so far for Samsung pay and wifi calling. Dang, I had high hopes for this. Still it's great that you guys achieved this and enjoy root!! Hopefully someone can figure out how to get wifi calling at least.

Edit: Also to revert back to stock is it just a matter of flashing the stock rom back on? Or do you guys anticipate any difficulties going back to stock?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success!! everything working..I'll throw up a guide

Does VoLTE, wifi calling and Samsung Pay work?

Cool! Able to tell me how you got data working really quick? Have to leave for work in like 10 minutes!!!

so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on
    so I have root and my beloved adaway is back but I cant use phone data. Phone calls work but, wont let me change apn settings, wifi and everything else works. No bloat apps and status bar isnt the verizon version in anyone cares. I will factory reset and start from the root part of the steps to see if I can get phone data back on

Root is achieved which is a great thing. Now just need to add APN settings to the phone. Try an APN app
    You can also use xposed if you are into it. I myself love xposed.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk