• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bounty] Verizon Pixel bootloader unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

liriolebron

Jul 16, 2014
I don't know if this is the correct place, if not, please reallocate accordingly.
As the title suggests, I'm willing to pay $30 dollars for having the verizon bootloader unlocked, hope more users get into the cause.

ismailaba

Feb 23, 2016
fes
actually there is a ''paid method" for unlocking the Pixel Verizon or Locked EE UK bootloader on any version from 7.1.1 to 8.1.0

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Also the Pixel XL supported

liriolebron

Jul 16, 2014
For anyone interested, I contacted user ismailaba and got my Verizon Pixel XL unlocked, I got it with 7.1.2, and updated to 8.1.1 when he unlocked it, here are some picks:

Attachments

• 27658770_2457686274457270_966944852_n.png
    27658770_2457686274457270_966944852_n.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 4,144
  • Screenshot_20180129-220550.png
    Screenshot_20180129-220550.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 4,209
  • Screenshot_20180129-220543.png
    Screenshot_20180129-220543.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 4,134
Reactions: Bryanx86

ironmaskusa

Jul 25, 2011
USA
https://imgur.com/a/90gkA

Ok this is what I was able to get. Ignore one pic it's from my work lol..

It's early this morning and those are the best pics I had of doing it.. I only had my old Nexus phone that has a cracked screen to try do the pics.

Last edited:

ironmaskusa

Jul 25, 2011
USA
The OEM unlock goes grey again. I have t tried locking it back.. I'm not going back! Lol this is where I wanted to be and I'm just waiting for BeansTown to bring g us purenexus 8.1 and I think we'll be golden! ????

0hfrankieboy

Oct 10, 2016
The OEM unlock goes grey again. I have t tried locking it back.. I'm not going back! Lol this is where I wanted to be and I'm just waiting for BeansTown to bring g us purenexus 8.1 and I think we'll be golden! ????

Ah ok, I already have mine unlocked but I would love to have the option to lock and relock at will. Did Ismael charge for the service to unlock? Was it done remotely?

Kream24

May 21, 2013
Smail simply uses teamviewer to remote connect to your computer and uses Flexihub to connect his computer to your phone. I did a factory reset and took out my sim card and skipped connecting wifi. I went straight to develop options and turned on USB debugging and he did the rest. He said turn on wifi and reboot and 5 minutes later i was able to toggle oem unlock. He didn't charge me he said he takes donations but not necessary. I was just as skeptical anyone but he genuinely has figured it out.

Last edited:

baknblack

Sep 12, 2010
Kentucky
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I've run custom roms on every phone I've owned but this one. Really not missing much without root. Definitely fun to tinker with but, I've been able to pretty much do anything I need to without it. Sure it involves more steps using adb and buying pda net to get around the 15 gig Verizon Hotspot. I do miss viper but, I'm having no problems with my phone.
If I were going to unlock I wouldn't be afraid to use smail's method and I'm kind of paranoid about who touches my stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ynag

Apr 29, 2017
just wanted to add that he did mine too. he didnt ask for money but i paid him $30. verizon pixel xl 8.1. he was very nice to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to LeoTheRomRasta's log, I've deciphered the log and found a way to unlock my bootloader. Here's how I did it:

1. Remove sim from phone

2. Factory reset phone

3. Go through setup, leave everything as default
    - Don't add any fingerprints or screen locking
    - Don't connect to WiFi (yet)

4. Enable developer options, and enable usb debugging

5. Connect to PC and set usb to charging only

6. Run the command from PC: adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.phone

7. Reboot

8. Connect to WiFi

9. Open Chrome and load any website (not sure if this is necessary)

10. Go back to developer options and enable OEM unlocking

11. From PC run:
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot oem unlock (confirm the unlock on phone)
    - fastboot reboot

Now enjoy your bootloader unlocked Pixel!

Edit: reboot phone
    Hey guys :) Below is a USBlyzer log of a VZW bootloader unlock session done 3 days ago. Lets hope this is IT ladies and gents!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p8c_yvF3QSe1Bod19NA7xT88RPXFQdJX
    This will be the last time we will clean this thread.
    Member ismailaba was selling a service on XDA. He wasn't asking for donations at first, he was charging members $30.
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    Please dont continue to share his service here on XDA.

thank you for your understanding
    Wolf
    I'm not going to lie, I thought this would be BS. But I sent Smail a message through FB messenger, he got back to me in a couple minutes, told me what I needed , told me his price , and after setting up the programs necessary, my "unlockable" Verizon pixel XL had a beautiful, brand new unlocked bootloader after five minutes of him clicking around on my PC screen lol.

He made a believer out of me. I was worried he was somehow going to turn my PC against me and steal all of my information or something lol. But so far so good!
    I'm just happy we FINALLY have a bootloader unlock of some sort after a year and a half.
    Can you let us know, is the method device-side or server-side? In other words, did you have to do anything to your phone (more complicated than a reboot or factory reset or SIM swap), or was it something he did behind the scenes that just made it work?

You reset the phone, pull the sim, turn off wifi, and get it off the grid. Connect it to flexihub and enable adb debugging. He does his secret sauce over adb to enable OEM unlock. You throw the toggle, reboot, confirm you want to unlock the bootloader, then roll on. It's as simple as that. If you're worried, setup a VM, like I did, or create your own flexihub account and you can share your devices with another member. He doesn't actually need remote access to your PC, only your device.