• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bounty] Verizon Pixel bootloader unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bravosix47

Sep 13, 2019
Android 10 google pixel xl Verizon Oem unlock

Thanks to LeoTheRomRasta's log, I've deciphered the log and found a way to unlock my bootloader. Here's how I did it:

1. Remove sim from phone

2. Factory reset phone

3. Go through setup, leave everything as default
- Don't add any fingerprints or screen locking
- Don't connect to WiFi (yet)

4. Enable developer options, and enable usb debugging

5. Connect to PC and set usb to charging only

6. Run the command from PC: adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.phone

7. Reboot

8. Connect to WiFi

9. Open Chrome and load any website (not sure if this is necessary)

10. Go back to developer options and enable OEM unlocking

11. From PC run:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock (confirm the unlock on phone)
- fastboot reboot

Now enjoy your bootloader unlocked Pixel!

Edit: reboot phone

is there any way to unlock Pixel Xl Marlin Verizon locked bootloader?

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta

choder

Feb 26, 2010
looks like its patched now, no more unlocked bootloader for Pixel XL anymore

I tried under Pie but it didn't work so I updated to Q still OEM is gray out, this runs fine without any issues

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.phone

after I boot back with wifi enabled nothing is working in OEM, it stays gray

Just got another Verizon Pixel XL with Android Pie 9.0 from February. But I cannot unlock the bootloader!

I have successfully unlocked 4 Verizon Pixel XL's previously.

Reactions: zfk110

bravosix47

Sep 13, 2019
Android 10 google pixel xl Verizon Oem unlock

Thanks to LeoTheRomRasta's log, I've deciphered the log and found a way to unlock my bootloader. Here's how I did it:

1. Remove sim from phone

2. Factory reset phone

7. Reboot

8. Connect to WiFi

11. From PC run:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot reboot

is there anyway to unlock bootloader verizon pixel xl with android 10 ? beacaus this method not working oem unlocking still grayed out

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I tried under Pie but it didn't work so I updated to Q still OEM is gray out, this runs fine without any issues

you got any luck? pr still no method for android 10 bootloader?

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
is there anyway to unlock bootloader verizon pixel xl with android 10 ? beacaus this method not working oem unlocking still grayed out

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

you got any luck? pr still no method for android 10 bootloader?

I already spent hours but nothing worked, if its patched by Verizon then I think we are done with Pixel no more bootloader unlocked.

Edit: I quoted original founder for this mod, let see if they can re do it again? if not then I don't know if someone else can??

Last edited:

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Hey guys :) Below is a USBlyzer log of a VZW bootloader unlock session done 3 days ago. Lets hope this is IT ladies and gents!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p8c_yvF3QSe1Bod19NA7xT88RPXFQdJX

bravosix47

Sep 13, 2019

is there anyhope in future for new method to unlock this on android 10? or is there anyway to downgrade it to pie or oreo? with locked bootloader.,

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
is there anyhope in future for new method to unlock this on android 10? or is there anyway to downgrade it to pie or oreo? with locked bootloader.,

Downgrading wont work since its locked bootloader, but as it seems that older build wont make any difference since I had 2018 build and then I upgraded to earlier 2019 to all the way to Q and on any of those build from 2018 to latest Sep build, it didnt enable oem unlock

samcoinc

Oct 26, 2012
same here... I bought 2 verizon phones and both don't seem to allow for oem unlock... Poop. Guess I will deal but I really wanted to put lineagos on these...

maybe someone will figure something out

waingro808

Apr 23, 2013

Downgrading wont work since its locked bootloader, but as it seems that older build wont make any difference since I had 2018 build and then I upgraded to earlier 2019 to all the way to Q and on any of those build from 2018 to latest Sep build, it didnt enable oem unlock

Android Version doesn't matter. This workaround has been fixed. I just tried on a Verizon Pixel on android 8.1. I bought this phone specifically for this purpose, so time to return it :( Looks like last successful unlock was September 9, so I'm 3 weeks too late.

Last edited:
@liriolebron THREAD CLOSED!
Please advise the moderators' team to re-open the thread when a developer has been found. Dev must state in this thread he/she is aware and agrees with it. We reserve the right to re-open the thread pending on the donee's history on XDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Remove sim from phone

2. Factory reset phone

7. Reboot

8. Connect to WiFi

11. From PC run:
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot reboot

Hey guys :) Below is a USBlyzer log of a VZW bootloader unlock session done 3 days ago. Lets hope this is IT ladies and gents!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p8c_yvF3QSe1Bod19NA7xT88RPXFQdJX
    This will be the last time we will clean this thread.
    Member ismailaba was selling a service on XDA. He wasn't asking for donations at first, he was charging members $30.
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    Please dont continue to share his service here on XDA.

thank you for your understanding
    Wolf
    I'm not going to lie, I thought this would be BS. But I sent Smail a message through FB messenger, he got back to me in a couple minutes, told me what I needed , told me his price , and after setting up the programs necessary, my "unlockable" Verizon pixel XL had a beautiful, brand new unlocked bootloader after five minutes of him clicking around on my PC screen lol.

He made a believer out of me. I was worried he was somehow going to turn my PC against me and steal all of my information or something lol. But so far so good!
    I'm just happy we FINALLY have a bootloader unlock of some sort after a year and a half.
    Can you let us know, is the method device-side or server-side? In other words, did you have to do anything to your phone (more complicated than a reboot or factory reset or SIM swap), or was it something he did behind the scenes that just made it work?

You reset the phone, pull the sim, turn off wifi, and get it off the grid. Connect it to flexihub and enable adb debugging. He does his secret sauce over adb to enable OEM unlock. You throw the toggle, reboot, confirm you want to unlock the bootloader, then roll on. It's as simple as that. If you're worried, setup a VM, like I did, or create your own flexihub account and you can share your devices with another member. He doesn't actually need remote access to your PC, only your device.