General [Bounty] Viper4android fix

Search This thread

austick

Aug 5, 2010
U can use offical viper4ndroid module. Just extract it and do changes .u can found more information in magisk documentary.

On my mobile it is impossible, I have discovered that it is one of the few xiaomi that has the EOFS file system that will be implemented in Android 13, so if no one else can give a solution, it seems to me that at the moment it is difficult to install viper4android.

Reactions: metrixx02
I no longer have the 10 pro as I switched to another device. I think I remember installing AML, jamesDSP, and the following dolby atmos to get jamesDSP working:
Thank you for the guide.
Working on Realme GT2 Pro - Realme UI 3.0 11_A.19

Following the order,
1. AML
2. JamesDSP 4.6 (Chose the Huawei route, tired playing around the combination)
3. Dolby Atmos revision
4. Reboot

Probably tried almost all the methods for Viper and nothing works.

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
So I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way, but I think in an effort to get experienced devs to take a look into our viper4android driver loop issue a bounty is in order.

I have tried every method I could find to get viper4android to work on our OnePlus 10 pro with no success.

Below I'll start a list of pledgers who are willing to pay the bounty when/if a fix is found. I'll add to the list as other pledgers come forward. Any pledge amount helps.
This worked for me ☺️

Reactions: metrixx02

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Unfortunately, Issues cannot be reported to GitHub for that project:
But I got in contact with the dev by Telegram...

Now, his Viper4AndroidRepackaged is updated on the GitHub and it searches for additional folders on /vendor with audio_effects conf and xml files to properly patch them

It works excellent on my Xiaomi (A12), I don't need to add the post-fs-data.sh script anymore to mount the patched conf and xml files

Read also the Readme there

Thanks to the programminghoch10 dev, and @dladz for pointing here earlier about his GitHub project

Last edited:

Velho_Velho

Apr 13, 2021
Redmi 9
try this:
remove all sound mods you have added, including the module from magisk and the viper app!
reboot!

Install attached Audio-Modification-Library_v4_0-OS12-op10
reboot!
install com.pittvandewitt.viperfx_2.7.2.1-2721.apk
open the viper app, and click install drivers.
phone auto reboot.

copy attached post-fs-data.sh to /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/ (use adb or rooted file manager)

REBOOT, do not open the app!!!!

now if we hit the FIX, if you will open the app it's should not ask to install drivers.

if it's stop asking, check the state, if it's not NORMAL then tick the Legacy Mode, and check state.
should be Status Normal.

I hope this will work for you.
I do can update Audio Modification Library to version 4.1?

austick

Aug 5, 2010

Now, his Viper4AndroidRepackaged is updated on the GitHub and it searches for additional folders on /vendor with audio_effects conf and xml files to properly patch them

It works excellent on my Xiaomi (A12), I don't need to add the post-fs-data.sh script anymore to mount the patched conf and xml files

Thanks to the programminghoch10 dev, and @dladz for pointing here earlier about his GitHub project
thanks, I have tried but again, this version patch audio_effects.xml correctly but I still have driver bootloop. I think it's because I have the EROFS system.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
thanks, I have tried but again, this version patch audio_effects.xml correctly but I still have driver bootloop. I think it's because I have the EROFS system.
I don't understand what would be the catch with your EROFS.
But your problem is maybe in the missing 64-bit audio drivers/lib in V4A

All of us have read-only system (on all the new devices)

That is what for the systemless rooting by Magisk and the systemless modules serve for - they mount changes on every reboot, they do not do any hard change on the system

However, JamesDSP requires to use Huawei mode on Huawei phones (and some other devices) and that option does actually nothing else but forcing to install the 64-bit libjamesdsp.so

And that option is missing in V4A (it installs only the 32-bit libv4a_fx.so). That could be the problem on your Huawei (is it Huawei), or other device(s) using 64-bit audio libs

You could reach the dev of this V4A Repackaged module by Telegram and ask him if he could add the 64-bit V4A audio driver - TG, he seems to be willing to update V4A for the new devices

Last edited:
Reactions: austick

austick

Aug 5, 2010
I don't understand what would be the catch with your EROFS.
But your problem is maybe in the missing 64-bit audio drivers/lib in V4A

All of us have read-only system (on all the new devices)

That is what for the systemless rooting by Magisk and the systemless modules serve for - they mount changes on every reboot, they do not do any hard change on the system

However, JamesDSP requires to use Huawei mode on Huawei phones (and some other devices) and that option does actually nothing else but forcing to install the 64-bit libjamesdsp.so

And that option is missing in V4A (it installs only the 32-bit libv4a_fx.so). That could be the problem on your Huawei (is it Huawei), or other device(s) using 64-bit audio libs

You could reach the dev of this V4A Repackaged module by Telegram and ask him if he could add the 64-bit V4A audio driver - he seems to be willing to update V4A for the new devices
Thank you very much for answering. In the JamesDSP forums the dev told me that V4A is most likely missing that 64bit library, in JamesDSP the Huawei option is 64bit and the other 32. Another person told me to install the magisk delta since (literally ) "EROFS need an early init to modify it's system", I think the first option is the right one since the second is somewhat riskier.

My mobile is a Pocophone f4 gt (Xiaomi) but I know that the problem is repeated with Oneplus 10 pro since it uses the same file system.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Thank you very much for answering. In the JamesDSP forums the dev told me that V4A is most likely missing that 64bit library, in JamesDSP the Huawei option is 64bit and the other 32. Another person told me to install the magisk delta since (literally ) "EROFS need an early init to modify it's system", I think the first option is the right one since the second is somewhat riskier.

My mobile is a Pocophone f4 gt (Xiaomi) but I know that the problem is repeated with Oneplus 10 pro since it uses the same file system.
Systemless mounting works the same way for all modules - does eg AdAway with Systemless hosts work on your device (it has to patch /system/etc/hosts file) - if it does, then the same mounting must work for V4A

Also, use any root file explorer and go to /vendor/etc (on your phone, according to your later screenshot, it seems to be /system/etc), open (as text files) audio_effects.xml and audio_effects.conf and compare against my screenshots

Also, use Terminal emulator to execute:
Code:
su
find /vendor/etc -type f -name audio_effects.*
See the screenshot for my device

Go to and open all the found conf and xml files

If you see the v4a patches inside - then patches are mounted and there should be no problem related to EROFS

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_120126.jpg
    IMG_20221002_120126.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20221002_120148.jpg
    IMG_20221002_120148.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2022-10-02-12-14-54-763_com.offsec.nhterm-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-02-12-14-54-763_com.offsec.nhterm-edit.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: austick

austick

Aug 5, 2010
Systemless mounting works the same way for all modules - does eg AdAway with Systemless hosts work on your device - if it does, then the same mounting must work for V4A

Also, use any root file explorer and go to /vendor/etc, open (as text files) audio_effects.xml and audio_effects.conf and compare against my screenshots

Also, use Terminal emulator to execute:
Code:
su
find /vendor/etc -type f -name audio_effects.*
See the screenshot for my device

Go to and open all the found conf and xml files

If you see the v4a patches inside - then patches are mounted and there should be no problem related to EROFS
I'm not at home now but I have this screenshot from yesterday. This time J4A I think has found the correct path to the audio_config.xml which it didn't do before. When I get home I'll investigate the xml and post the screenshots but I think if JamesDSP got it I guess V4A too.

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-02_12-22-38.jpg
    photo_2022-10-02_12-22-38.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 37

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm not at home now but I have this screenshot from yesterday. This time J4A I think has found the correct path to the audio_config.xml which it didn't do before. When I get home I'll investigate the xml and post the screenshots but I think if JamesDSP got it I guess V4A too.
Please test as I described in the previous answer (I just edited and added some stuff)

Your (second) screenshot only proves that V4A, at the time of installation, found audio_effects conf and XML files and prepared their patched versions to:
/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/...

(You can also go there by root file explorer - I highly recommend MiXPlorer)

But the point is, does Magisk at the boot time, mount them over the corresponding /system and /vendor... target files (since you are questioning does mounting work for your EROFS file system) - that is, what is needed then to have 'drivers installed'

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way, but I think in an effort to get experienced devs to take a look into our viper4android driver loop issue a bounty is in order.

I have tried every method I could find to get viper4android to work on our OnePlus 10 pro with no success.

Below I'll start a list of pledgers who are willing to pay the bounty when/if a fix is found. I'll add to the list as other pledgers come forward. Any pledge amount helps.

•ecera -$50
    •Aldonski - $10

On a side note, I'll be willing to test any fixes that are thrown my way. I'm also ready to provide any files or logs that are requested. Also, if you guys/gals want to tag some members that may be willing to take on this task please do so. Thanks.
    Hey guys, if you follow the viper telegram there's talks of a fix being developed. Looks very promising. I'm still standing by my pledge I made when I started this thread. Just want to see who is in with their pledge? These devs are putting in countless hours and effort. Any donation would be well deserved. Hopefully by the time they release something we'll have a few pledges lined up. Thanks.
    Unfortunately, Issues cannot be reported to GitHub for that project:

Strange that your not-patched conf files refer to lib/soundfx while dumpsys list lib64/soundfx

Sorry, I can not help you further, don't know is it about lib64 or something else

Btw, all 'normal' modules 'manipulate' with system files through the customize.sh, post-fs-data.sh or service sh scripts - and one could then see their logic (to debug and fix/adapt something if needed) only the V4A has its 'driver installation' hidden in the apk (one would need to study the Java source and rebuild to adapt for new devices like yours)

I'll send you later today through the private conversation, module zip 'installation' that you can easily return to this point with the patched XML and conf files

IMO, it's of general interest, if you experiment further and specially if you find how to fix V4A on your device, please post your results - good luck
    I can't thank you enough for taking time from your day to help out with this! I'm not sure what else to try. Hopefully others start digging around too.
    try this:
    remove all sound mods you have added, including the module from magisk and the viper app!
    reboot!

Install attached Audio-Modification-Library_v4_0-OS12-op10
    reboot!
    install com.pittvandewitt.viperfx_2.7.2.1-2721.apk
    open the viper app, and click install drivers.
    phone auto reboot.

copy attached post-fs-data.sh to /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/ (use adb or rooted file manager)

REBOOT, do not open the app!!!!

now if we hit the FIX, if you will open the app it's should not ask to install drivers.

if it's stop asking, check the state, if it's not NORMAL then tick the Legacy Mode, and check state.
    should be Status Normal.

I hope this will work for you.