▌brainmaster´s Guide for Android and Android Builds for Acer NeoTouch▐

Search This thread

themagik81

Jan 2, 2010
Great, you start in a few minutes, but the phone still has some inaccuracies and then ... the sound you hear!
Edit: many problems getting a phone call while you restart I find that the wm is locked in 3G and there is no turning back, even formatting ...
And NOW??? :-(

Last edited:

lymphocyte

Jan 14, 2011
Hi bros!

I am kinda of a newbie so please bear with me if my question sounds dump to you. I followed the instructions and here are my questions:-
1. After unzipping the whole android folder to SD:\hyperdroidv2.2\, do i still need to (a) unzip the image.dat to SD:\hyperdroidv2.2\? (b) unzip the data.img to SD:\hyperdroidv2.2\? (and if not, what are those files for?)
2. here is the bigger question: I am using exceller's loader. Everytime i boot Android, the thing get stuck at "jumping to kerner (custom)" for a while, and then it softreset to windows. I read in other posts about HD2 that its the problem about HD2's radio. So what about F1? do i need to update the radio? (i am using 3.xx official rom).

thanks a lot guys, particularly brain master!

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
hello

builds posted here are yet to be fully compatible with any loaders. follow instructions by Brainmaster. the builds are also not fully functioning. expect major bugs and meltdowns

backb0ne

Aug 14, 2010
Pombal
S200 does not stop to boot android

Google translate :S

My S200 will not stop to boot android
White letters are running on the screen for some time and is always going the same thing,
Can you help me? :confused:

Last edited:

lymphocyte

Jan 14, 2011
builds posted here are yet to be fully compatible with any loaders. follow instructions by Brainmaster. the builds are also not fully functioning. expect major bugs and meltdowns

hi!
i followed the instructions, still got the same problem. Got stuck at "jumping to kernel (custom)" and then rebooted into wm....

:confused:

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
you might want to try any of kubino or arto's clean rom. and use a 512 data.img, you sd card might also be the cause because some sd cards are just **** and crashes

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
I take it all updates to this thread will now stop?

The last update was on 11.12.2010.

The original Developer for Toshiba TG01 quited on his project of porting Android for TG01. The russian forum member holo was using his work to compile the kernels for Acer NeoTouch.

If something new comes up, I or others can post here the update.

Nagato Yuki

Mar 2, 2009
Hong Kong
The last update was on 11.12.2010.

The original Developer for Toshiba TG01 quited on his project of porting Android for TG01. The russian forum member holo was using his work to compile the kernels for Acer NeoTouch.

If something new comes up, I or others can post here the update.

Would you like to mention the related threads (both TG01 project and one in russian forum)?

mikiton

Apr 7, 2010
Brain's ROM & Android?

Hi everybody!
I've the last ROM by Brainmaster but i'm seriously thinking of going for Android! Is it possible to have both working or does Android reset the whole system?

Thanks

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hi everybody!
    I've the last ROM by Brainmaster but i'm seriously thinking of going for Android! Is it possible to have both working or does Android reset the whole system?

Thanks

Ok ..ok you're right. I already passed to Samsung Nexus S. I do not need android for my Acer S200 because is unstable and it takes very long to be ready. Now I enjoy the Nexus S with 2.3.3 Android and Windows Mobile 6.5 with Acer S200. Developers still luck ....!!!

andrei94

Nov 8, 2010
    hello I've installed android and then I put the 'update 12.12.2010, and it works to perfection Laudio goes and does the phone but I do not work' s acelerometro and I always say that the memory card in games, what can I do for these two problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      First of all - I am not the creator of this Builds. All the credits are going to the guys who are compiling the needed stuff for our Acer (holo - for kernel for our Acer device, and many other guys from TG01 division, guys responsible for different Android builds and me - getting everything together).

I am only gathering them together and making it easy for you to install it on our Acer.

GUIDE:

In order to get Android to work properly on Acer you need a fast Micro SD Card at least Class 4. That is because Android runs from a SD Card, it's not ROM that you can flash. Also you need at least 1,5 GB of free space on your SD Card.

Many errors or problems on Android not booting on your device can be resolved if you format your Micro SD Card with the
      Panasonic SD Formater. Backup your files from the Micro SD Card, download the utility, run it and format your Card.

1. Download the Android Build zip file.

2. Unzip the file and copy the whole Android folder to your Micro SD Card. Remember - copy the WHOLE folder not the content of the folder.

3. Start the File Explorer and go to the Android folder on your SD Card. Start CLRCAD.exe, then start Haret.exe and click on the "Run" button.

4. Now Android is booting - it can take up to 15 minutes. DON'T touch anything until you see the Lockscreen.

5. Move the Lock to the right to unlock your device.

6. Play with Android.

HINTS:

Android is working from the SD Card. It takes 5 - 10 minutes for the system to work fluently. It is also good to reboot Android after first start.

You can hide the taskbar by sliding toward the taskbar with your finger. Sliding down from the taskbar opens the Notifications bar.

NOT WORKING: Everything except the Touchscreen and Graphics Acceleration. NO Sound, WI-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Phone. In the moment you can only play a little with the Android and customize it. With the time there will be more drivers added to the Android Builds.

RELEASES:

30.11.2010:

Initial Release - HyperDroid 1.7 is the Basis. Its Multilanguage Build - over 20 Languages.

DOWNLOAD
      KERNEL Updates for Android:

30.11.2010: Hardware buttons working, vibration working. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file. When you run Haret its gonna crash first time booting Android, but after the second try it runs good.
      10.12.2010: Sound is now working - but it crashes sometimes. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file.
      12.12.2010: Phone is working - it takes up to 5 minutes to connect to mobile network. Battery driver working, but always showing 50 %. Extract the image into the Android folder on your SD Card and overwrite the existing file.
      ADDONS for Android:

In the attachments you can find the data.img file in different sizes: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 3GB or 4GB. You can use whichever you like. For testing purposes I am recommending the 512MB data.img
      FIXES for Android:

SD Card fix: Just extract the folder from the zip file in your Android folder. Boot Android. The SD Card will be recognized automatically.
      1.download link:

http://narod.ru/disk/40831246001/Android_2_3.rar.html

**go to bottom of page,enter numbers then press "download"**

2.format sd card
      3.extract Android_2_3 folder to SD card
      4.extract "SD card fix" and copy "root" folder to Android_2_3 folder on SD card
      View attachment SD_Card_fix.zip
      5.press "clrcad" one time only (nothing happens is normal:))
      6.press haret and wait...

It's not perfect yet,but you'll get the idea....
      All thanks to Supermen for 2.3.7 gingerbread and the entire S200 Android team at Acer-club.ru!!