◄ ▌ brainmaster´s Open BETA Test - MANILA ROM WWE Version 1.2.6▐ ►

What dou you think about this Idea?

• I think it's a good Idea.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • I think it's a good Idea and I will be a BETA tester.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I don't think that's a good Idea.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ctsatsis

Feb 25, 2009
Some reports after playing with 1.25 for one day

Hello brainmaster ... first I would like to thank you since your last beta 1.25 is very responsive, very fast and virtually free of any bugs (actually I did not find until now)... you are really a master chief...

Second, since my first Smartphone had only 64Mb of memory I'm always very careful of memory usage so I've done some memory checks with the latest 1.25.
a. After one day playing around I used "HTCAddict CleanRam" and make a purge memory. Then I have 55.56MB free with Sense loaded and 78.20MB without Sense...
b. After a clean reset I do the same and I have 69.63Mb free with Sense and 95.74Mb without Sense... (if you want I can post all those screen shots)
There is any issue of memory leaking or it is "normal comportment" that after playing around with the phone the RAM is decreasing? By the way, I'm not using background tasks except S2U2...

Third, our phones are able to handle in call recording (this was one of the reasons why I've did not buy an HTC...) but in your ROM, there is no possibility to do it ... Since it still remain a Acer phone do you think that you can add this function to the final ROM ... if not it is possible to install back the S200 original dialer skin and take back with this function ?

Thanks a lot and keep going your job is superb …

Christoph

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Hello brainmaster ... first I would like to thank you since your last beta 1.25 is very responsive, very fast and virtually free of any bugs (actually I did not find until now)... you are really a master chief...

Second, since my first Smartphone had only 64Mb of memory I'm always very careful of memory usage so I've done some memory checks with the latest 1.25.
a. After one day playing around I used "HTCAddict CleanRam" and make a purge memory. Then I have 55.56MB free with Sense loaded and 78.20MB without Sense...
b. After a clean reset I do the same and I have 69.63Mb free with Sense and 95.74Mb without Sense... (if you want I can post all those screen shots)
There is any issue of memory leaking or it is "normal comportment" that after playing around with the phone the RAM is decreasing? By the way, I'm not using background tasks except S2U2...

Third, our phones are able to handle in call recording (this was one of the reasons why I've did not buy an HTC...) but in your ROM, there is no possibility to do it ... Since it still remain a Acer phone do you think that you can add this function to the final ROM ... if not it is possible to install back the S200 original dialer skin and take back with this function ?

Thanks a lot and keep going your job is superb …

Christoph

About Memory Leak - when you use the Sense for a while it (E-mails, Music, Photo Tab) it occupies memory - its not a leak. That is why I don't use Music and Photo Tab.

If you want to gain about 15 MB more memory - go to the Add-ons section, download the MMAppLauncher and activate it. I am personally using it and I have on my CHT 2.0 ROM always more then 65 MB of free memory. On ROM without CHT it will be around 80 MB of free memory.

About - InCall Recording - yes, I am planing to integrate it, but it just didn't had a time to get deeper into that. If you have some suggestions or you find something that would be helpful on that, please post it here.

What is that Dialer that you are using to record the Calls? Vito's Audio Notes (Shareware) can also record the Calls.

ctsatsis

Feb 25, 2009
Skins

About Memory Leak - when you use the Sense for a while it (E-mails, Music, Photo Tab) it occupies memory - its not a leak. That is why I don't use Music and Photo Tab.

Thanks for the trick :)

If you want to gain about 15 MB more memory - go to the Add-ons section, download the MMAppLauncher and activate it. I am personally using it and I have on my CHT 2.0 ROM always more then 65 MB of free memory. On ROM without CHT it will be around 80 MB of free memory.

Actually since your rom comes with XTask I've just installed your "brainmaster´s xTask Start Menu Replacement.cab" wich is working perfectly (more fast than MMLauncher) ... I've managed to earn 14Mb

About - InCall Recording - yes, I am planing to integrate it, but it just didn't had a time to get deeper into that. If you have some suggestions or you find something that would be helpful on that, please post it here.

What is that Dialer that you are using to record the Calls? Vito's Audio Notes (Shareware) can also record the Calls.

Well I'll try to install the original dialer from Acer S200 Cabs which can be found here thanks to rafivyto ...
The skin is installed and working ... the only problem is that you have to push manually twice in the "end buttom" to close it and it is very difficult to access the keys...

ctsatsis

Feb 25, 2009
Well I'll try to install the original dialer from Acer S200 Cabs which can be found here thanks to rafivyto ...
The skin is installed and working ... the only problem is that you have to push manually twice in the "end buttom" to close it and it is very difficult to access the keys...[/QUOTE]

After some tests the dialer is almost unsuable in your skin; recording is working but the other side volume is very quiet (actually the same syptoms with a real HTC :))

I not recomand to install it in a "production" phone ... only for tests...

If you achieve best results please let me know ...

Christoph

Attachments

• Dialer.jpg
    Dialer.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 24

mikiton

Apr 7, 2010
Comm Manager

Hi Arto!
I personally would prefer the Acer Comm Manager to be present, as far as it sometimes resolves many wi-fi crashing episodes.

Thanks
M.

ctsatsis

Feb 25, 2009
2nd day of use and one bug ...

After a secind day of use I come up with 3 issues :

1. I've managed to make incall recording usable by using the Car provided by "pavlica" with the combination of AutoCallRecorder

2. I've came up with an issue by trying to install SlideIT... Actually Swype is perfect but I can't in any version have it in more than one language and since I'm using constantly English and French SlideIt could be a solution ... I've discover that installing SlideIt does not allow me any more to select a keyboard from the bottom middle key... The solution, reinstall and uninstall Swype... by the way if you know how to add more that one language to Swype I'm interested ;)

3. I'm having some freezings with in coming audio call but I don't know if it not the cause of ACR 1.24 or anything else (tomorrow I will uninstall it and will try again ...)

If I found something new I will continue to repport.

Have a nice day

Christoph

Last edited:

liyhang

Sep 8, 2007
Hi brainmaster
I see you use the CHT2.0. Have you tried the toggle switch of phone? Every time I use the toggle and can not turn on the phone again. Only can start the phone after reset.
The problem exist at every rom I flashed. I have to use CHT1.85.

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Hi brainmaster
I see you use the CHT2.0. Have you tried the toggle switch of phone? Every time I use the toggle and can not turn on the phone again. Only can start the phone after reset.
The problem exist at every rom I flashed. I have to use CHT1.85.

Yes, this problem exists with the CHT 2.0.

ctsatsis

Feb 25, 2009
Test Repport

No bug since 2 weeks of heavy use

This rom is probably the fastest and the most "clean" (in RAM use) I've ever used ...

To sad that this great chief is giving up... I'll try to make the French localisation of this ROM when I'll have time...

Thanks a lot Brainmaster and good luck

Christoph

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
No bug since 2 weeks of heavy use

This rom is probably the fastest and the most "clean" (in RAM use) I've ever used ...

To sad that this great chief is giving up... I'll try to make the French localisation of this ROM when I'll have time...

Thanks a lot Brainmaster and good luck

Christoph

No need for that. I have retired but in January when I have more time I will release new Manila Multi ROM.

panoz

Jan 20, 2007
Hey guys, brainmaster thanks for your hard work.

It's the first manila rom that has lasted more than a day on my phone..

I got this problem with the wifi : Can turn it on, but can't turn it off...

any ideas?

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
I had some time today, so I cooked new BETA ROM:

Version 1.2.6:

- Windows Mobile Build 21685

Changes:

- Memory Code optimizations
- xTask removed
- Acer Comm. Manager added
- Manila optimizations
Instead of using the xTask, I can recommend you the uTask program. It runs as service, can close programs on X and you can re-assign any key. In combination with my MMAppLauncher Start Menu Replacement it works great.

Attached is the customized 5 Languages uTask version.

Attachments

• utask.cab
    139 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

bananana

Sep 5, 2007
Hi BrainMaster,

It's great to see new release from you! I am still using your 28244 clean ROM, it's working good, only sometimes will hang, don't know the reason, but it's already the best ROM I ever used!

Is 21685 newer than 28244? from the no. it looks older.

By the way, if this ROM can release more RAM and stable, can you offer a clean ROM for us?

Many thanks!

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
21685 is the HTC Build and yes its newer then the 28244. This ROM have better memory management.

Sorry, I have no time for other ROM's in the moment.

dimamyth

Jun 21, 2008
Flashed this ROM after 5 days of heavily using Arto's Sense 4.0, and this firmware is definitely more stable. Also, it's better adopted for s200 (e.g. "Settings" more functional, as it runs WM ones, not manila's).

One and only small bug I found is (like it was in Arto's): FM tuner not sounds after starting it's app, need to switch (up-down) system volume to make it heard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ◄ ▌ brainmaster´s Open BETA Test - MANILA ROM WWE Version 1.2.6▐ ►

I am starting an Open BETA Test. What is that?

Here in this Thread I am gonna release the upcoming Manila ROM - WWE Edition only.

The Idea is to test an upcoming ROM before I release a Manila ROM in all Languages and Flavors.

It is much better to test the BETA ROM, fix bugs and then release a new MULTI ROM in all 5 Languages.
    This way the users that flash my MANILA MULTI ROM can have better ROM.

So I am hopping to get allot of Feedback and Reports from you, so that I can fix the bugs and release a MANILA MULTI ROM for all the other users.

Changelog:

Version 1.1:

- Windows Mobile Build 21683

Version 1.1.5:

- Windows Mobile Build 28243
    Version 1.2:

- Windows Mobile Build 23698
    Version 1.2.5:

- Windows Mobile Build 28244

Removed:

- Acer Comm Manager
    - Acer TitleBar
    - Acer Memory Optimization

All Acer Graphics are now compressed

Region Settings automatically applied after Flash.

HTC:

- Weather Locations removed (No cities after Flash)
    - SMaller HTC Menus
    - Manila Weather graphics optimization

- Fixed the crash when changing the volume during the Phone Call
    - Fixed the LED Notifications
    - Replaced the Task Manager with FDC Task Manager
    Version 1.2.6:

- Windows Mobile Build 21685

Changes:

- Memory Code optimizations
    - xTask removed
    - Acer Comm. Manager added
    - Manila optimizations
    I am releasing the English ROM, but if you want to test it in your Language then disable Sense from Start Menu > Settings > Home > Items, start the Registry Editor from Start Menu > Utilities and go to the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI\Currentlanguage]. The default value is "409" for English, for French change to "40C", for German change to "407", for Italian change to "410", for Spanish change to "C0A". Close the Registry Editor and enable Sense from Start Menu > Settings > Home > Items.

For BETA testers: when you are making report, if needed - please attach a screenshot that you can make with the freeware MyMobiler.
    DOWNLOAD BETA ROM WWE

The Password for the download Folder is: