Question Brand new Nord 2 charging very slow.

Search This thread

Exod_G

Jun 12, 2022
Hello, I just got this phone a couple of days ago, basically i migrated from a OnePlus 6 to this Nord 2 and I'm liking it very much so far for the price all things considered, tedious bugs and all.

The gist of it, is it normal for it to charge this slow? I'm using my old 20w dash charge adapter, because imported it from the UK, it came with said adapter and my country does not support that kind of wall plug outlet and I refuse to use an adapter/extender because it won't stick to the wall it's just too heavy.

Did some reading, and I disabled optimized night charging/high performance mode. I figured using an old adapter would be slower than the new one, but are those readings normal?

Also i noticed the Warp Charge animation appears on lock screen but just the blue bubble then it disappears, no Warp Charge logo.

I plan on getting both wall and car warp chargers, in the meantime I'll be using my regular 20w dash chargers.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_2022-06-09-22-18-52-15_512d59465dcd1d9c8e9be3e706423fdf__01.jpg

exis_tenz

Oct 14, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I can at least confirm that the original second (and last?) generation carplug (12V charger) is also veeeeeeeeeeery slow. It takes at least 2,5 hours from 0 to 100. The 230V plug charges 0-100 in exactly 29 minutes

Zombnombs

Remember that accubattery only reads from a single cell of your battery;

The OPN2 has 2 cells and charges both simultaneously, so it's likely accubattery is only reporting half speed, to one cell, and isn't detecting charge to the other cell, which is half of the battery in this case.

For example, accubattery will likely report your battery health/capacity is only 50% (more often lower), because each cell is 2250 mah, and the total advertised design capacity of the OPN2 is 4500 mah, but is really 2250 mah per cell, and has 2 cells.

This is part of oneplus's warp charge technology, which is really just a rebrand of their sister company's, but it's essentially a 32.5w charge to both cells, which is much easier than providing 65w to a single cell.

Also, do note warp charge only works with the official red cable and the official oneplus charger provided in the box, as the charging circuit in the cable and charger will limit your speed with third party charger/cables as they have not been verified to handle these charging speeds.

Funnily enough even if you have an OPPO cable and charger, which utilizes the same technology, warp charge on oneplus phones still won't activate and it'll charge at a much slower 20w (10w per cell)

Last edited:

ezdiy

Mar 29, 2015
Funnily enough even if you have an OPPO cable and charger, which utilizes the same technology, warp charge on oneplus phones still won't activate and it'll charge at a much slower 20w (10w per cell)
VOOC 2.0 (20W 5V/4A) vs S-VOOC 2.0 (65W 10V/6.5A). The OS reported current is always current over both cells, whether it be parallel or in series depends on VOOC version.