Brand New One X - Dead?

Search This thread

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Got my One X in the post today, plugged it in, been on charge for atleast an hour and a half but it's still dead

No signs of life, no charge light, can't turn on, can't enter bootloader

Anyone experience this?

Also the phone is stone cold, if the battery was charging I would expect it to get warm...

Last edited:

knobbyhtccruise

Sep 16, 2008
Got my One X in the post today, plugged it in, been on charge for atleast an hour and a half but it's still dead

Anyone experience this?

Also the phone is stone cold, if the battery was charging I would expect it to get warm...

What cable / charger are you using ? can you try a different charger ? can you confirm the charger is ok on another device?

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Its probably dead, replace it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yeh looks that way so that means no new phone for a week as I have to wait for them to collect it then send me a new one, can't just take it to a store which is stupid :mad:

Checked the pogo pins with a volt meter and it's reading 5v no problem so power is getting to the phone it just seems dead. No battery life and it won't turn on :(

Last edited:

XxVcVxX

Aug 24, 2012
Hong Kong
Yeh looks that way so that means no new phone for a week as I have to wait for them to collect it then send me a new one, can't just take it to a store which is stupid :mad:

Checked the pogo pins with a volt meter and it's reading 5v no problem so power is getting to the phone it just seems dead. No battery life and it won't turn on :(

Wait are you using a dock or micro USB cable to charge?

cypher2001

May 5, 2009
London

Anyone experience this?

When I got a replacement HOX from carphone warehouse that was dead too, but I left it plugged in for a few hours and it came to life.

If the battery has no charge at all it may seem like a fault.

noisy_lightning

Dec 15, 2010
England
Mine did the same thing when it was fresh out the box. I just left it on sharge for a couple of hours and the charge light then lit and it powered up. The battery was just very flat on arrival.

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Did your battery warm up though? This ones cold to the touch

I think it's dead so already called for a replacement but gotta wait for it

In the meantime I will leave it to charge overnight but I'm not hopeful at all, be better if we could access the battery instead of HTC going all apple on us

Zlotin

Jul 23, 2006
The City of Cologne
As I got my hox, it was fully discharged too, and it took ca. 30 minutes to bring it back to life...

fridgie

Jan 26, 2012
Brisbane
When I first got mine was at 15% battery, after 24hrs charging (original charger, laptop, Inc s charger...) nothing changed.

Ended up with a replacement but took optus Australia 3 weeks to replace it.

marko987

Nov 20, 2009
Belgrade

Try to change cable I have to do that because stock cable that came with phone is sh..t.One day just stop working.Now using NOKIA CA-101 and no problem at all fantastic build quality.With stock cable had that problem couple times

Renarl

Nov 18, 2012
Even if it does not light right up, the battery should get warmer when charging. Like advised, try a different cable, if that does not work either, then there probably is no simple solution that you can solve on your own.