Brand new phone (TYT ip98) won't install any apps

Search This thread

wallace108

Nov 19, 2012
The phone is brand new, runs Android 9 and - like the title says - won't install any apps. This happens either if I want to download apps from the store (the download happens but then I get an error message that the app can't be installed) or if I want to install an apk file from my sd card.
On the internet dozens of sites keep repeating to clear cache and data from Google store and Play services. No way! Even after a factory reset the situation doesn't change.
I also flashed the phone with its firmware ... the result stays the same.
I tried changing user account and double-checked my connection.

I will eventually return the phone to the seller, but, until then is there anything else I might try that escaped me?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_141820.jpg
    IMG_20210117_141820.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 13

eslamdiaa2

Jan 17, 2021
try to install apps from browser (open google play on your computer and login to your play account that added to your phone ), remote installation , the apps will be installed your device , then open google play and you will be able to install apps directly from google play

wallace108

Nov 19, 2012
Thank you jwoegerbauer and eslamdiaa2 for your replies.

Jwoegerbauer, the phone is new and no apps have been installed. I'm attaching a pic to prove there is plenty of space.
eslamdiaa2 I did try the remote installation. The app is sent to the phone but the result is the same: can't be installed (like in the picture of my opening post). Besides, I also said I can't even install apk files from my sd card.

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_152727.jpg
    IMG_20210117_152727.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 10

bracknelson

Jan 19, 2021
There may be various reasons behind this error, but for now, you can check and follow these steps whether they are working for you or not.

Clear the cache and data of the Play Store

This gives the app a fresh start and can help fix issues.

Steps are:
Open your device's Settings app.
Tap Apps & notifications See all apps.
Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
Tap Storage Clear Cache.
Next, tap Clear data.
Re-open the Play Store and try your download again.

wallace108

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks bracknelson but in my case it was NOT a question of clearing cache and data (which was the very first thing I have done). Odd enough I had to "enable" app installation with the code provided by kiwi1688. After entering the code a confirmation message appeared and since then I was able to install any apps.
Before that I was about to return the phone to the manufacturer because it was far from my mind there was a code to be entered. Weird!