[BRICK ALERT] 9.0 OTA 50.XXXX .342 (RU,BY,KAZ users 1st, you?)

Search This thread

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Guys, Russia, Belorussia and Kazakhstan started to receive 950Mb OTA from yesterday.
Lot users report black/grey line/white screen on boot, touch response, but screen not working. Sony Companion software doesn't recover (downloading same OTA firmware).
There are reports of broken TWRP and loosing TA.
Guys on 4PDA do some research, but no clear workaround yet

Most of issues with dual sim H4113 units.
Sony support confirmed mass issues, "soon" they fix it.
Be aware :D

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Anyone downloaded this firmware using XperiFirm? I like to keep all the firmwares as ftfs, even if they have bugs ;)

it was removed from XperiFirm yesterday evening or this morning right after blame wave over support, only .123 left there. Bugged one was removed according to 4PDA member who was tracking this. I can only ask him upload if he has it on local drive.

Reactions: ch3mn3y
it was removed from XperiFirm yesterday evening or this morning right after blame wave over support, only .123 left there. Bugged one was removed according to 4PDA member who was tracking this. I can only ask him upload if he has it on local drive.
If You could it would be great. Some people may like to try, even if it's dangerous. And I would feel better having all available firmwares ;)

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
If You could it would be great. Some people may like to try, even if it's dangerous. And I would feel better having all available firmwares ;)
one member shared this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNJ9jAjNC8ahQSEo9LK5G4JNp0b1IpRy/view?usp=sharing
*haven't check myself contents
2nd pending... i will edit this post.

update:
link (yandex.disk)
Contents:
A2 - downloaded by FleshTool.
The other one from XperiaFirm.

credit goes to 4pda member: Toshax

Last edited:
one member shared this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNJ9jAjNC8ahQSEo9LK5G4JNp0b1IpRy/view?usp=sharing

update:
link (yandex.disk)
Contents:

Thanks. I already downloaded the one before and created ftf (with (i think) working fsc script).

Maybe stupid queswtion, but what is meaning of "A2"? Found it on 4PDA.

Last edited:

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Did recover over 7 pcs of XA2 H4113. Had them as my employees devices.
Utilizing Sony Companion, since they had draw back 9.0 from there and replaced with XXX.123 (8.0), had to use wipe data option, otherwise it didn't work.
S/W downloads .123 and flashes it. Device seems to work as before, but some minor bugs pop-out from time to time: like Settings app crash, camera crash (on mode change), no more grey lines (buit-in tests show pass)
All of my devices were locked BL, and no OEM unlock allowed. Not flashed any custom firmware./twrp.

That helped me, but not everyone, some ppl with same state couldn't return to normal, in worst cases they played to much with bugged screen and it went hardware broken (overheat)...

The cure is not for everyone, like as that decease, there are cases of successful updating for 9.0 pie same device. Very very strange...
Had phone call from Sony after all flame, they said using Sony Companion is the only solution currently officially available, even service centers do the same procedure. Regarding stable 9.0 Pie they will report additionally.

davidhozic

Nov 18, 2017
Don't you guys have older firmwares from the flash tool? I can already imagine sony just leaving xa2 unupdated forever as they won't even try

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Don't you guys have older firmwares from the flash tool? I can already imagine sony just leaving xa2 unupdated forever as they won't even try
XperiFirm has them, 8.0 all the way, please check if you need them.
Those failure 9.0 are in the links above, on your own risk, i'm not the owner.

XA2 will be updated of course, 9.0 is on road-map along with 10. It's just delayed due failures in RU/BY/KAZ, Sony girl said: "... and i think it will happen (9.0) in March" when we talk last week, i tend to believe her :D. And ofc i will share all the guides if i receive (looks like for failed devices we will utilize Sony companion with reset, that's just thoughts)

davidhozic

Nov 18, 2017
XperiFirm has them, 8.0 all the way, please check if you need them.
Those failure 9.0 are in the links above, on your own risk, i'm not the owner.

XA2 will be updated of course, 9.0 is on road-map along with 10. It's just delayed due failures in RU/BY/KAZ, Sony girl said: "... and i think it will happen (9.0) in March" when we talk last week, i tend to believe her :D. And ofc i will share all the guides if i receive (looks like for failed devices we will utilize Sony companion with reset, that's just thoughts)

Well I need the CE1 or UK firmware and I assume you don't have those

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Well I need the CE1 or UK firmware and I assume you don't have those

never heard they launched it for other regions, only 3rd grade countries were involved as pre-launch stage, kinda rough start to be honest. And as i was told global launch is shifted from 4th of March until resolved all potential risks, another test loop involved.

Did you saw something regarding CE/UK somewhere?

davidhozic

Nov 18, 2017
My phone's support app was claiming there was an update but it doesn't anymore, idk maybe it wasn't for android P

tftgosu

Jan 6, 2016
Moscow
Guys, there was popped notification of 9.0 ota once again, couple days ago. Keeping in mind that previous one killed my screen driver, I decided to wait, but same day ota disappeared (cis regions)...

4pda guys now have completely different experience:
- blank screen on boot (just delay or constant)
- bad camera app experience, especially over 4k mode
- shorter battery life

Be careful.
Links:

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=908380&st=880

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=882003&st=4080

rog77x7

Apr 1, 2017
The update is successful. Installed this morning by Xperia companion on my XA2 single SIM, everything is fine and the battery lasts longer. The only thing is that the task manager I did not find the windows with horizontal scrolling but with vertical scrolling as in android 8. For the rest it's fine.
100% battery April 8 at about 2.15pm
1:01 am on April 9th 35% Battery

The only thing is that I wanted to find the task manager with the windows horizontally, otherwise satisfied.

It's fine

Aug 16, 2011
Campinas
Well... it's a brick [.352]

I'm in Brazil. I just got the notification to reboot. I did. It now loops on a blank screen on boot.
I read about the 342 version bricking phones and was aware there was a problem. But then they released 352 and people started to report the update was fine. So I didn't really worry, although I was a little concerned in the back of my mind. But then I thought "What's the chance they SCREW THIS UP TWICE IN A ROW, and I'm one of the victims?". Well, there is my answer.

I think I'll call support now. This is a freaking mess...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I'm in Brazil. I just got the notification to reboot. I did. It now loops on a blank screen on boot.
I read about the 342 version bricking phones and was aware there was a problem. But then they released 352 and people started to report the update was fine. So I didn't really worry, although I was a little concerned in the back of my mind. But then I thought "What's the chance they SCREW THIS UP TWICE IN A ROW, and I'm one of the victims?". Well, there is my answer.

I think I'll call support now. This is a freaking mess...

Wait, no, it came back, after some 30 min or more.... What the hell? I've had several Android phones since 2010, this never happened before. I seemed bricked, looped over and over, I tried the hard reset shortcut a few times.... Then I took out the SIM to put it on my tablet, so I could call support, and the damn phone came back from the dead. Now I put the SIM back in and it works... I have no reasonable explanation for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone downloaded this firmware using XperiFirm? I like to keep all the firmwares as ftfs, even if they have bugs ;)

update:
    link (yandex.disk)
    Contents:

Did recover over 7 pcs of XA2 H4113. Had them as my employees devices.
    Utilizing Sony Companion, since they had draw back 9.0 from there and replaced with XXX.123 (8.0), had to use wipe data option, otherwise it didn't work.
    S/W downloads .123 and flashes it. Device seems to work as before, but some minor bugs pop-out from time to time: like Settings app crash, camera crash (on mode change), no more grey lines (buit-in tests show pass)
    All of my devices were locked BL, and no OEM unlock allowed. Not flashed any custom firmware./twrp.

That helped me, but not everyone, some ppl with same state couldn't return to normal, in worst cases they played to much with bugged screen and it went hardware broken (overheat)...

The cure is not for everyone, like as that decease, there are cases of successful updating for 9.0 pie same device. Very very strange...
    Had phone call from Sony after all flame, they said using Sony Companion is the only solution currently officially available, even service centers do the same procedure. Regarding stable 9.0 Pie they will report additionally.
    Had a brick after pie update. Resolved with companion->repair software (check the 'my device cannot be connected...' - otherwise getting 'locked device...'). Shutdown phone (was holding power+up vol)....Also had to change USB cable, with first i got error updating, with other the repair stared nicely (Hold upvol and then usb connect->follow instructions in companion). After repair the phone unbricked and now works OK (with pie!). Country Slovenia.