• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Brick android headunit

Search This thread

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
Hi all, I flashed a firmware on my headunit through sp flash tool and then my unit is bricked, no power no light only black and not detected in pc. I can not find any rom or preloader for my android head unit. I think only solution is test point. Can anyone tell where are the test point on my motherboard.

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_220302.jpg
    IMG_20210920_220302.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210827_100828.jpg
    IMG_20210827_100828.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG20201222144817.jpg
    IMG20201222144817.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 39

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Hi all, I flashed a firmware on my headunit through sp flash tool and then my unit is bricked, no power no light only black and not detected in pc. I can not find any rom or preloader for my android head unit. I think only solution is test point. Can anyone tell where are the test point on my motherboard.

Try this brand new guide

Reactions: marchnz

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Thanks for reaponse but motherboard of my HU is different. I can not find test point.

As this is a MediaTek head unit, I can try to help you find them. I've taken a high resolution screenshot that you can use as reference:

Test Points 8227L.jpg

On your motherboard, look for 2 golden circle pads labeled:

KPROW1 (stands for KeyPad Row 1) - and is the Vol+ pad
EN1 (stands for Encoder 1) - Selection + Vol+ pad

Test Points explained.jpg

They should be next to each other and can be placed anywhere on the motherboard but I would start by looking around your CPU (it has white thermal paste applied to it on your picture), moving on to RAM and NAND/EMMC memory chips.

Follow my video guide on first making sure that there is a led light turning on when you connect your motherboard to a powered USB source (laptop etc). Then make sure your MediaTek drivers are correctly installed. I'm releasing a video guide on that in coming days but for now, refer to any of my Super MOD threads to access the best drivers and also the driver installation guide itself.

Alternatively, you can take a few high resolution pictures of your motherboard (after you cleaned it from stickers, paste etc), so that I can see every part of it clearly - and i'll try to identify the test points.

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
As this is a MediaTek head unit, I can try to help you find them. I've taken a high resolution screenshot that you can use as reference:

View attachment 5417495

View attachment 5417497

They should be next to each other and can be placed anywhere on the motherboard but I would start by looking around your CPU (it has white thermal paste applied to it on your picture), moving on to RAM and NAND/EMMC memory chips.

Follow my video guide on first making sure that there is a led light turning on when you connect your motherboard to a powered USB source (laptop etc). Then make sure your MediaTek drivers are correctly installed. I'm releasing a video guide on that in coming days but for now, refer to any of my Super MOD threads to access the best drivers and also the driver installation guide itself.

Alternatively, you can take a few high resolution pictures of your motherboard (after you cleaned it from stickers, paste etc), so that I can see every part of it clearly - and i'll try to identify the test points.
These are the photos of my headunit. Also one more problem that the speaker output of my HU is only mono. No stereo sound no good DSP overall bad quality of sound. Any suggestion for this.

Attachments

• 1632492955415_074848.jpg
    1632492955415_074848.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 1632492955404_074806.jpg
    1632492955404_074806.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 1632492955383_074637.jpg
    1632492955383_074637.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 1632492955395_074718.jpg
    1632492955395_074718.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 1632492955373_074601.jpg
    1632492955373_074601.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 1632492456335_073837.jpg
    1632492456335_073837.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 1632492456327_073748.jpg
    1632492456327_073748.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16

denin84

Sep 24, 2021

View attachment 5417495

View attachment 5417497

can you show me where the test point on my board sir? please help me..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-46-50-559_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-46-50-559_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-47-04-496_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-47-04-496_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
can you show me where the test point on my board sir? please help me..

Sorry, but your pictures are of insufficient resolution so I will use this picture to show you:

ZXDZ-01 test point.jpg

The process of activating the 'download mode' is much different that from YT921- models, so if you want to use my video guide, make sure to apply the "Test Point part" specific to your head unit (the rest of the video guide will mostly apply to you as well):

1. Install the correct MediaTek drivers on to your Windows computer

2. Prepare your SP Flash Tools for "WRITE MEMORY" operation
  3. Connect your head unit to your computer via USB cable

4. In SP Flash Tool, click "START"

5. Power on your head unit by connecting it to a 12V 5A+ power supply

6. 'Short' the test point in the picture to GROUND

7. Without releasing the 'short', take out and then re-insert the USB cable into your computer

8. Once the flashing starts, you can release the test points

9. When you upload a firmware or memory dump after this, you will not need to activate test points again
Original source - 4PDA ZXDZ-01 thread.

denin84

Sep 24, 2021

View attachment 5417495

View attachment 5417497

can you show me where the test point on my board sir? please help me
Sorry, but your pictures are of insufficient resolution so I will use this picture to show you:

View attachment 5418209

The process of activating the 'download mode' is much different that from YT921- models, so if you want to use my video guide, make sure to apply the "Test Point part" specific to your head unit (the rest of the video guide will mostly apply to you as well):

1. Install the correct MediaTek drivers on to your Windows computer

2. Prepare your SP Flash Tools for "WRITE MEMORY" operation
  3. Connect your head unit to your computer via USB cable

4. In SP Flash Tool, click "START"

5. Power on your head unit by connecting it to a 12V 5A+ power supply

6. 'Short' the test point in the picture to GROUND

7. Without releasing the 'short', take out and then re-insert the USB cable into your computer

8. Once the flashing starts, you can release the test points

9. When you upload a firmware or memory dump after this, you will not need to activate test points again
Original source - 4PDA ZXDZ-01 thread.
okay I will try your method.. thanks very much sir.. I hope my head unit problem resolved

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
Its ok. I try myself. one more problem that the speaker output of my HU is only mono. No stereo sound no good DSP overall bad quality of sound. Any suggestion for this.

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
I checked the board and I think sound processor ic(cd3313E0) is made in china. This gives wrost sound no good bass no stereo. I try to hookup an external ic. But i can not find the path that carry the left and right channel inputs in the ic.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
I checked the board and I think sound processor ic(cd3313E0) is made in china. This gives wrost sound no good bass no stereo. I try to hookup an external ic. But i can not find the path that carry the left and right channel inputs in the ic.

Actually, I would start with checking if the sound is still mono/bad from the RCA outputs. You can connect them to an external amplifier or even a headphone amp, just to check. If the sound is good, then it's likely your onboard amplifier:

onboard amp mediatek board.JPG

If the sound is still bad, then yes, it could be the audio processing chip.

Have you considered just changing the head unit? You can get one for around $60 if you're tight on cash. Just make sure to get the right type if you want to utilise any of my software mods.

Alternatively, you can get a fully modded Android Head Unit from here. But you can also fully mod it yourself when it comes to hardware.

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
Yes i try to connect with external amp but the sound is mono. And i bought the HU around 186$. I try with changing the hardware. But firstly i want to revive the unit.

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
No it is not in warranty. I accidently flash the wrong rom with preloader and forget to backup. I can not find any specific rom for my HU, so try one by one every rom which i downloaded. But first priority is finding the test points.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
No it is not in warranty. I accidently flash the wrong rom with preloader and forget to backup. I can not find any specific rom for my HU, so try one by one every rom which i downloaded. But first priority is finding the test points.

Oh, I see. Sorry to hear that but let me save you a lot of time.

Finding the Test Points will be a challenge as this is a non-standard, non-universal unit but even if you do miraculously find them without damaging the head unit, you will not be able to restore it as you don't have a backup of your native preloader.

If you had a universal head unit, there would be a minor chance of using someone else's backup but in this case, unless you find someone with the exact same device, down to firmware and MCU version, your undertaking will fail.

Yugmn3

Sep 10, 2021
Yes you are right. There is no chance to recover my HU . On the russian site i saw many HU that looks like mine so i hope that i can recover. Thanks for quick response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try this brand new guide

Thank you but the postage fee is more than the price of HU. I will try to revive this unit.